Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tubster)
    Two things I hate as a Mike backer, being cut blocked and rushing O-Lineman.
    2 things I hate as Quarterback, Being rushed by a mike backer, and throwing picks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rekyht)
    2 things I hate as Quarterback, Being rushed by a mike backer, and throwing picks.
    Haha i hate rushing the QB too! Either he throws it by the time you get there, hence making you useless in the play and I probably left a man open. Or you throw it away and i can't touch you, r if i manage to get the sack i get a penalty for unnecessary roughness! There's no win with you damn QB's!!:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishamo)
    What the fek happened to LSU?!?! One of the most hyped and agressive teams in the BCS and they all looked like they'd been given sedatives after that first fumble!

Gutted, fair play to Bama... huge game. But wasn't the spectacle I hoped LSU would put on.
    I'm telling you. That Bama defense is one of the best I've ever seen. They were so incredibly fast. And the hits they were laying on LSU. Oh boy. As a fan of defense, that game was awesome.

Roll Tide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvyknw4VClE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dgeorge)
    I love the Patriots. Really I do. But wouldn't it be INCREDIBLY CRAZY if the Broncos knock them off?

And then went on to win the Super Bowl?

Starting to buy into the crazy Tebowmania hype....is that wrong?
    It would be incredible. I would actually get behind them to win it all! Sadly, they won't as even if the beat us somehow, they just aren't good enough to then win an AFC championship game, never mind beat the Pack or the Saints in the superbowl. Getting this far spells well for them in the future though!

ReputationRep:
    This weekend I have:

Pats over Broncos.
    Saints over 49ers.
    Giants over Packers.
    Texans over Ravens (just for craziness).

ReputationRep:
    I'd love the Broncos to beat the Patriots. Firstly, because I don't like the Patriots so I love it when anyone beats them... But also it would be HUGE. Unfortunately they would need loads of luck to pull it off. Though the Patriots defence has been crap this season and Tebow might put up some good numbers on the ground and, hopefully, not screw it up in the air. And if the Broncos defence is at the top of its game, with some luck they might win this one.
    So unlikely though.

A bit worried about the Packers though. The Giants crushed the Falcons and if Eli plays really well and doesn't make stupid mistakes, it might be a tough one. It's about time the Packers D starts to actually play instead of ****ing around.

ReputationRep:
    Two things I hate as a Mike backer, being cut blocked and rushing O-Lineman.
    As a guard I enjoy combining both of these!

ReputationRep:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/74...ve-pro-athlete

ReputationRep:
    Haha i hate rushing the QB too! Either he throws it by the time you get there, hence making you useless in the play and I probably left a man open. Or you throw it away and i can't touch you, r if i manage to get the sack i get a penalty for unnecessary roughness! There's no win with you damn QB's!!:mad:
    We have some good receivers on our team that have been practicing Site-adjusting the last few weeks which has been priceless against the blitz.

All I need to do is identify a potential blitzer, snap, check the blitz and throw into the hole left behind him for a completion. Love it.

ReputationRep:
    Do most of you guys only play uni ball? I need to start playing again, this desk job coupled with zero exercise is causing me to develop a little pot belly. I have a friend on the London Blitz but they seem a bit too serious for my liking.

ReputationRep:
    I've attended a few rookie sessions for the Norwich Devils, which isn't a uni team. Proper training starts later this month, however come September I will hopefully be playing uni ball.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    Do most of you guys only play uni ball? I need to start playing again, this desk job coupled with zero exercise is causing me to develop a little pot belly. I have a friend on the London Blitz but they seem a bit too serious for my liking.
    There are London teams less intense than the Blitz, the Olympians spring to mind.

ReputationRep:
    I heard the chilled out people in London play for the Cheetahs.

ReputationRep:
    Abit late, but 49ers! <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dgeorge)
    I love the Patriots. Really I do. But wouldn't it be INCREDIBLY CRAZY if the Broncos knock them off?

And then went on to win the Super Bowl?

Starting to buy into the crazy Tebowmania hype....is that wrong?
    NFL films will already be writing the script for "America's Game: Broncos 2011....as told by....John Fox....Demaryius Thomas.....and Tim Tebow"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoHeroes94)
    Abit late, but 49ers! <3
    Not this weekend buddy. Nothing stops the Crescent City Express this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Patriot)
    It would be incredible. I would actually get behind them to win it all! Sadly, they won't as even if the beat us somehow, they just aren't good enough to then win an AFC championship game, never mind beat the Pack or the Saints in the superbowl. Getting this far spells well for them in the future though!
    I think the AFC championship game is as far as it will go for the Broncos.

I would put the Patriots as favourites this week by about the same as I'd have put the Steelers as favourites last week. They should win but it won't be the biggest surprise in history if the Broncos do it.

I reckon the Ravens would be a bridge too far though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    I think the AFC championship game is as far as it will go for the Broncos.

I would put the Patriots as favourites this week by about the same as I'd have put the Steelers as favourites last week. They should win but it won't be the biggest surprise in history if the Broncos do it.

I reckon the Ravens would be a bridge too far though.
    Last week wasn't really an upset, this week would be. The Steelers were so banged up going in, that it was going to be very difficult to come out with a win, in a hostile stadium on the other side of the US.

This week on the other hand, the Broncos have to travel and they come against one of the leagues best sides. It would be a huge upset if it happened...which it won't.

ReputationRep:
    Huge Packers fan here so obviously hoping we beat the Giants which will be no easy task with their pass rush and our rather lacking secondary. But out of the other games i'm hoping for a 49'ers win (the Saints look too dangerous for my liking) to set up a Packers 49'ers nfc championship game (for brother is a 49'ers fan which would make for a right laugh).

On the AFC side I'm definitely routing for the texans given it's their first playoff appearance and they've had some real bad luck with injuries...if they had Schaub they'd be serious contenders in my eyes. And i'm hoping the broncos win too but that' very unlikely.

Still, whatever happens it's gonna be a great weekend of games!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rekyht)
    Last week wasn't really an upset, this week would be. The Steelers were so banged up going in, that it was going to be very difficult to come out with a win, in a hostile stadium on the other side of the US.

This week on the other hand, the Broncos have to travel and they come against one of the leagues best sides. It would be a huge upset if it happened...which it won't.
    Denver also have a huge advantage because of the altitude...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.