Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cardigansandjeans)
    Hopefully! Can I ask what the conditions were? Was it the typical A*AA or did they lower it?
    I thought the typical was A*AAB or A*AAa, still it doesn't really make much difference, my offer was A*AA with at least an A in maths, but I guess my EPQ counted as my B hence why I didn't get an A*AAB offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TerribleTej)
    I thought the typical was A*AAB or A*AAa, still it doesn't really make much difference, my offer was A*AA with at least an A in maths, but I guess my EPQ counted as my B hence why I didn't get an A*AAB offer.
    Well yeah, but I didn't get an A in my dropped a level subject. And my epq hasn't been sent off either :/. I don't know, will have to see what happens. They gotta reply to me either way. Thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libertine96)
    When I had my open a few weeks back, just about everyone I spoke to was from down south, I was the furthest north that I knew of and I'm in Leicester. Granted it may just have been who I spoke to but I remember seeing somewhere, can't remember exactly though, that they make it compulsory if you live within a suitable distance to travel. I don't know if by that they mean UK or England or if someone like yourself is considered too far to make the open day compulsory.

Good Luck, here's hoping
    Im from Leicester too!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone firmed Lancaster for economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NewtoTSR)
    Im from Leicester too!
    Oh there is another poor sod out there

ReputationRep:
    Anyone still waiting for UCL? I'm literally desperate now. Applied on 14th Oct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sutst)
    Anyone still waiting for UCL? I'm literally desperate now. Applied on 14th Oct.
    Exact same thing bro.. guess you are an eu national, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Szmessh)
    Exact same thing bro.. guess you are an eu national, right?
    I'm an international student . A friend of mine who applied for Econ and Stats got rejected two weeks ago but still nothing for me . Really weird as we are in the same school and applied for the same department.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone still waiting on ucl? Those who are waiting, do you match the grade requirement or not? Anyone got rejected from ucl?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else go to the UCL open day today? What did you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected from warwick. Oh well, i still got all my other offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    Anyone else go to the UCL open day today? What did you think?

I went I thought it was pretty decent although I couldn't fully hear the guy from the back. Wbu?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cardigansandjeans)
    Just got rejected from warwick. Oh well, i still got all my other offers.
    I'm sorry to hear that mate, Warwick is pretty competitive but you've still done a good job getting the other 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I thought it was great. I thought how parents weren't allowed was a good idea as it gives you a good chance to talk to others. I met quite a few interesting people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    Yeah I thought it was great. I thought how parents weren't allowed was a good idea as it gives you a good chance to talk to others. I met quite a few interesting people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whereabouts were you in the lecture hall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Whereabouts were you in the lecture hall?
    About half way back on the right hand side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    I'm sorry to hear that mate, Warwick is pretty competitive but you've still done a good job getting the other 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you. I know its very competitive. It was my highest choice in terms of grades and whatever. Anyway. Good luck with your degree!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from UEA or Leicester, In terms of offers /rejections asking on behalf of a friend who is still waiting.

ReputationRep:
    Application status changed to "Currently being processed by Admissions" ... here comes the rejection from UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellenabethx)
    Application status changed to "Currently being processed by Admissions" ... here comes the rejection from UCL
    You never know what could happen. Mine also changed yesterday after 4 months.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.