Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    What's the worry?
    Clara as a potential Maid Marion and an overly-hunky Robin Hood. I don't know why, but it just irritates me.

Well, that and Robin Hood vs. Killer Alien Robot Knights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Looks a bit like game of thrones :lol:
    Prepare for House Lungbarrow.

ReputationRep:
    what's the worry? it looks like a medieval episode is all? :confused:

(Original post by EggsterminateMe)
    Why're you worried?
    I'm not, was curious to know why he was thus asked to see the link

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisIsn'tSpam)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Clara as a potential Maid Marion and an overly-hunky Robin Hood. I don't know why, but it just irritates me.

Well, that and Robin Hood vs. Killer Alien Robot Knights.
    Clara flirts with everyone, and with an episode title like that one has, those things were always going to happen.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I've seen it :cute:

(also, you might want to stick your post in spoilers. Not everyone wants to know info like this)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)

I'm not, was curious to know why he was thus asked to see the link
    Wrong person but already got me answer

ReputationRep:
    This is pretty cool, especially if like me you're interested in art. It's Peter Capaldi in a short video about surrealism - not strictly Doctor Who related but he is basically wearing the new costume.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    I'm not worried but I just wish they would stop with the "themed" episodes because they are always rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VladThe1mpaler)
    I'm not worried but I just wish they would stop with the "themed" episodes because they are always rubbish.
    Theres only so much you can do around the Uk to make it not like the UK.

Lets just hope Moffat steps up his game this series.

ReputationRep:
    practice makes perfect maybe? hopefully it will be a good one, interested to see what Capaldi's doctor is like and Moffat said they will be taking the show in a different direction as well so should be interesting to see what they do with it!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone miss that feeling of excitement when a new Eccleston/Tennant episode was previewed? I just don't feel the magic with Doctor Who recently, and its not that I'm growing older, I absolutely love Tennants episodes and some of Matt's are fantastic as well but not every episode is, I want some sort of perfect streak of good episodes again like I believed Tennant had, none of these odd ones that have been hit and miss the last series

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone miss that feeling of excitement when a new Eccleston/Tennant episode was previewed? I just don't feel the magic with Doctor Who recently, and its not that I'm growing older, I absolutely love Tennants episodes and some of Matt's are fantastic as well but not every episode is, I want some sort of perfect streak of good episodes again like I believed Tennant had, none of these odd ones that have been hit and miss the last series
    Yeah I've felt like that since Moffat took over. I find that even the decent Matt Smith episodes are pretty forgettable in comparison to Eccleston/Tennant episodes.

The show just isn't the same anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Looks a bit like game of thrones :lol:
    Now THAT I would love to see.

ReputationRep:
    What I miss the most are the RTD era Moffat episodes. They tended to be the best :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    At least Clara has personality, i found Amy and Rory to be quite dull.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've felt like that since Moffat took over. I find that even the decent Matt Smith episodes are pretty forgettable in comparison to Eccleston/Tennant episodes.

The show just isn't the same anymore.
    Indeed like I can remember a few Matt Smith episodes like Vincent and the Doctor, Angels Take Manhattan, Big Bang, the pandorica etc but none of them really come up to the likes of ''Girl In The Fireplace, Parting of The Ways, Family of blood, human nature'' etc those episodes were truly breathtaking imho.

Like don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the Time of the Doctor and the Day of the Doctor, these were good highlights for Matt, but the main series of episodes seem to be much more duller and dry in comparison to pre-moffat stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    At least Clara has personality, i found Amy and Rory to be quite dull.
    I liked Amy at points, especially during series 5, but I agree with you, although Clara's personality hasn't really been aided by moffats writing at all. I want another companion like Donna, or even Rose, yes I know everyone hates the romance stuff with Rose but I still thought the episodes worked perfectly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    What I miss the most are the RTD era Moffat episodes. They tended to be the best :daydreaming:
    They were the best :yep: Moffat works much better as a single-episode writer rather than a series writer :sad: Imo, of course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alea iacta est)
    They were the best :yep: Moffat works much better as a single-episode writer rather than a series writer :sad: Imo, of course
    Was Girl in the fireplace Moffat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Was Girl in the fireplace Moffat.
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    I liked Amy at points, especially during series 5, but I agree with you, although Clara's personality hasn't really been aided by moffats writing at all. I want another companion like Donna, or even Rose, yes I know everyone hates the romance stuff with Rose but I still thought the episodes worked perfectly
    Donna was fine but Rose just whinged and was clingy and jealous and was just dull as a character, the only time I liked her was in School Reunion.

Amy was great just needed the sex toned down with her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.