Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    because there is a far greater chance of all 3 joining dagenham and redbridge than becoming the next fabregas
    If you don't buy a ticket, you don't win the lottery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    If you don't buy a ticket, you don't win the lottery
    Yes but you dont get excited about buying a ticket now do you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Yes but you dont get excited about buying a ticket now do you...
    I do.....

ReputationRep:
    Cant believe they found this many weapons for the italian cup final Name:  romaweapons.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  79.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    We truly have some of the most moronic fans. Because of Wenger's 'failed youth project' people seem to think that buying young players is a complete waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boner in joggers)
    We truly have some of the most moronic fans. Because of Wenger's 'failed youth project' people seem to think that buying young players is a complete waste of time.
    It almost worked and kept us in the top 4 despite building a stadium

ReputationRep:
    Grenier is no way near official
    Never said it was. But it's a typical Wenger signing and he's gone as far to say he is following him.

(Original post by Boner in joggers)
    Nobody's said that. What has been said, is that young player signings are nothing to get excited about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    Never said it was. But it's a typical Wenger signing and he's gone as far to say he is following him.
    That either means we're definitely getting him or definitely not getting him

ReputationRep:
    That either means we're definitely getting him or definitely not getting him
    ITK :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Crystal Palace got promoted, don't think they'll survive seeing as their standout player is headed to Man Utd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    can someone please call an ambulance I think my head is about to explode from reading this
    What for? If your feeling sick it's because this lot of depressed children have distorted your reality.
    Says playing FIFA doesn't count - then talks about pace :facepalm:

Cazorla is on the wing because then we can have someone else who can create chances because before if teams closed down cazorla we had no other creative influence so cazorla should stay on the wing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I found another football hipster.. Have you ever had a coach talk to you about utilizing pace properly.? of course not, half you lo just like to sit around and type how much Arsenal sucks all day. The term pace is in FIFA because thats what it is actually referred to.. don't forget my hipster friend, FIFA is a simulation of real life.
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Because even if he does want to leave Juventus (and I haven't seen this reported in any of the more reliable news sources - but I don't really follow Twitter stuff, so I don't really know the inside gossip :p:) I think he'd be able to get offers from clubs who are bigger/in better positions than Arsenal, and I think he's the sort of player to take those offers (this is conjecture, of course, but based on the way he moved from United to Juve). As to the players you mentioned:

(i) Vieira moved from A.C. Milan, where he had made only two first-team appearances. His resume at Milan is practically non-existent - it was at Arsenal that he made his name.

(ii) Henry moved from Juventus, where he had been struggling and had scored only three goals in 16 games. Juventus sold him the season after he had joined, and it's widely noted that very few people really believed he's be successful at Arsenal - again, it was at Arsenal that he really established himself.

(iii) Fabregas - I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this :p: - joined when he was just 16 and unknown outside of circles that kept a close eye on youth competitions (iirc we spotted him when he was playing in the U-16s World Cup). In his own words, 'Arsenal came for me, but at Barcelona I was just one of many.' (Source) It was at Arsenal that he became one of few on a global scale.

Now compare those backgrounds with Pogba's: he's just had a season where he made 37 appearances and scored 5 goals for a team that's just won it's second consecutive Serie A title, and picked up his first two caps for the French national side - and he turned 20 in March. He is already extremely highly rated in Europe and undoubtedly on the radars of all the biggest clubs. So I don't really think the examples you've given are particularly relevant here - he's young, but that's really the only similarity in context. :sadnod:
    Ok, good analysis, except I still disagree. I think you over estimate the importance of just one good season played. Football is notoriously fickle, I doubt Juve will lock him down if Wenger offered "the right price." Would it be smart to break the bank, that's a different matter.
    (Original post by 419)
    FM and youtube count?
    What's FM? and oh you got me, I used youtube to try and help someone visualize a player. I guess I'm completely discredited now. How should I end it, one shot to head, or just run away in exile? :bootyshake:

(Original post by DentalPlan4lisa)
    Ok, good analysis, except I still disagree. I think you over estimate the importance of just one good season played. Football is notoriously fickle, I doubt Juve will lock him down if Wenger offered "the right price." Would it be smart to break the bank, that's a different matter.
    I honestly don't think I do. It isn't just one season where he's shown flashes of talent, it's a season where he's been an important first-team player for a title-winning team in one of Europe's top leagues; practically everybody knows how good Pogba is now. Consequently, Wenger isn't going to get a deal under the wraps like he sometimes does - and whatever price Wenger offers, even if it's the 'right' price for Juve, it won't be a price that Real, Chelsea, City, et al cannot meet (if Pogba did become available, I would imagine Monaco would be a serious contender for his signature as well).

What for? If your feeling sick it's because this lot of depressed children have distorted your reality.

I found another football hipster.. Have you ever had a coach talk to you about utilizing pace properly.? of course not, half you lo just like to sit around and type how much Arsenal sucks all day. The term pace is in FIFA because thats what it is actually referred to.. don't forget my hipster friend, FIFA is a simulation of real life.

What's FM? and oh you got me, I used youtube to try and help someone visualize a player. I guess I'm completely discredited now. How should I end it, one shot to head, or just run away in exile? :bootyshake:
    On another note - and this is just a casual pre-emptive note before things get out of hand - insulting other members isn't going to go down well. That goes for everyone. :yy:

ReputationRep:

So when I scored a left footed half volley from half way line with Michael Owen, I was simulating real life :beard:

3 players confirmed to sign this week (@AFCACADEMY - not just another 'ITK', very reliable and knows all about young players we're buying and selling, for example he was the one who accurately said names of 16 youth players we were letting to before anyone else did)

1. Yaya Sanogo - pretty much already confirmed but it will be announced this week.

2. Daniel Crowley - 17 from Aston Villa youth academy, very highly spoken about, has apparently been one of the best players in the youth league this season.

3. Julio Pleguezeuo Selva - 16, part of Barca's A team, not old enough to be signed on a professional contract obviously so just a youth contract. Plays at RB/CB.

So they should all be Arsenal players this week. Good to see we're getting young good players.

Sorry to the people reading this expecting Messi to be unveiled this week.
    Great to know. :yep: I heard about Crowley and his supposedly completed transfer to Arsenal a couple of weeks ago from hogso in the Villa Thread. He's been dubbed the next Wilshere, and looks pretty good on YouTube so far. :p: Are you sure he's 17? I was under the impression he was 15...

Not heard of Selva before. :holmes: To be completely honest, I'm pretty wary about signing Barca youth players nowadays. Just seems like asking for the whole 'Barca DNA' circus again. :grumble:

ReputationRep:

I honestly find it shocking that you believe what you're saying is true. Seriously. People here are not being 'depressed' or 'hating on Arsenal', it's called being realistic.

R.E pogba: even if we did offer the 'right price', which considering we don't have THAT much money to be able to spend on just one player, it wouldn't mean anything if Pogba wouldn't want to come here. What people are trying to tell you is that there is next to no chance of him wanting to come here. Anzi offered Barca something ridiculous for Messi like £200m and they accepted as its his release clause. They offered Messi HUGE wages and he said no becaus Anzhi would be an obvious step down from Barca. Whether we want to admit it or not, Juventus are a bigger club than Arsenal and if he was to leave then it would only be to a club even bigger than Juventus.

As far as I'm concerned, our main priorities for this summer are a striker and a DM. Anything else is a bonus. Also I hope we can persuade Sagna to extend - that along with a DM and striker would be a very very good transfer window. We can buy quality players but we have to be realistic - players know they're not going to be guaranteed silverware if they join us and they know we can't offer them crazy 200,000 a week wages.I have confidence Wenger will make the necessary signings this summer to be able to try and challenge (not necessarily win, but challenge) for the title and hopefully win the FA cup. I want us to win everything of course but I'm being realistic. The comments you make such as 'FIFA is a simulation of real life football' show that, with all due respect, you're not being realistic with your suggestions.

ReputationRep:
    The comments you make such as 'FIFA is a simulation of real life football' show that, with all due respect, you're not being realistic with your suggestions.
    /cough.. um yes it is, obviously it's not perfect, but it's the closest "SIMULATION" that we have to actual football, you do understand what a simulation is right? lol, I don't see what argument you're trying to make with that comment. As for the rest of you comment, saying that we don't have the money is false. What you mean lady, is that we might not have the reputation, which is arguable. So this whole comment is full of semantics, good try though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)

On another note - and this is just a casual pre-emptive note before things get out of hand - insulting other members isn't going to go down well. That goes for everyone. :yy:
    :stink: Boom..,

ReputationRep:
    Santos is back :mad:

(Original post by yaboy)
    :stink: Boom..,
    I knew I should have skipped that lasagne. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Can't be sure if bull**** or not but various sources have said arshavin has signed for some random club in Azerbaijan for 400k a week

Ok reading this back it sounds like bull****

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.