Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A brief Labour party announcement;

We have our first batch of MPs, following the submission of their excellent manifestos. Occupying our seats for this term will be, in particular order;

//002//

//EndlessBlue//

//Krack//

//luke2511//

//MattFletcher//

//Mechie//

//obi_adorno_kenobi//

//RoryS//

//That Bearded Man//

//TopHat//

//xXedixXx//

We'll have one more being announced shortly.

ReputationRep:
    Yay "The Grandfather Of The House" continues. >

ReputationRep:
    What are your policies on euthanasia?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeekChicc)
    Personally. I'm pretty much okay with it, as long as it's highly regulated; not sure what the "official party stance" is.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by xXedixXx)
    Yay "The Grandfather Of The House" continues. >
    Foiled again this term in my attempt to become Father of the House.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Foiled again this term in my attempt to become Father of the House.
    Mwahahaha. Who's in line after you?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    Mwahahaha. Who's in line after you?
    Probably Life_peer the deputy leader of TSR UKIP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Probably Life_peer the deputy leader of TSR UKIP.
    Bloody UKIP and their long serving MPs..

ReputationRep:
    Where is Life_peer? Haven't seen him in months. Are we sure he hasn't gone inactive?

ReputationRep:
    Hello GeekChicc!

In TSRland, Euthanasia is actually legal. The Euthanasia Act was passed about a year ago, and can be found here. Labour had a free vote on this because of the sensitivity of the matter, so there was no official party line, but of the 13 Labour MPs who voted, 10 voted Aye, 1 voted No, and 2 Abstained, so broadly speaking the party is in favour of allowing euthanasia.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    Bloody UKIP and their long serving MPs..
    To be fair our MPs change very often. It's our leadership which has remained constant for almost 30 months - hence why we're next in line - because the leader and deputy leader automatically get seats.

(Original post by TopHat)
    Where is Life_peer? Haven't seen him in months. Are we sure he hasn't gone inactive?
    He is around and active in the subforum.

ReputationRep:
    Hello GeekChicc!

In TSRland, Euthanasia is actually legal. The Euthanasia Act was passed about a year ago, and can be found here. Labour had a free vote on this because of the sensitivity of the matter, so there was no official party line, but of the 13 Labour MPs who voted, 10 voted Aye, 1 voted No, and 2 Abstained, so broadly speaking the party is in favour of allowing euthanasia.
    Ah, thanks for letting me know.

Unfortunately, I agree with that one MP who voted no. I strongly disagree with euthanasia.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, thanks for letting me know.

Unfortunately, I agree with that one MP who voted no. I strongly disagree with euthanasia.
    As a matter of principle in allowing people end their lives or because of the practical complications, potential for abuse/self-imposed burden on elderly not to stick around expensively etc?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Why the new thread? Is this going to be merged with the old one so that the debate contained in that thread is not lost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    Why the new thread? Is this going to be merged with the old one so that the debate contained in that thread is not lost?
    The Labour Party is being being updated at the moment, this is part of that effort. The old one can't be merged with the new one because it would displace the first post as it is older, but the old thread will be preserved - I've asked Jarred about it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What was the primary factor in not attempting to form a government this term?

ReputationRep:
    x
    This is the sort of thing I was suggesting for the wider MHoC

Where is the last disciple? :beard: Only 11 MPs so far. Not running out of activity, are we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    What was the primary factor in not attempting to form a government this term?
    Well, as you can see, the party is going through something of the rejuvenation process at the moment and the majority of members that voted felt, I think, it was best not to go into government for that reason for this term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuerin)
    Where is the last disciple? :beard: Only 11 MPs so far. Not running out of activity, are we?
    No. The process of running internal elections is quite slow, is all. Hopefully we should know who are our 11th MP is in a few days.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Firstly, I'm intrigued to know why the old chat thread has been replaced.

Secondly, what is Labour's number one priority for legislation this term?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.