Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Nor)
    There's only 3 boys in my English class this year.....
    Wow, that's hardly any at all haha.
    I only know one boy in my whole year (about 70 boys) who is carrying on English..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dannyboy1236)
    Thanks....people keep trying to tell me that I've got no chance without maths......

I'm not sure...I prefer English but am probably better at Geography. So I was going to see how the first year goes and then depending on how difficult english turns out to be I'll decide.

Are you going to apply to medicine?
    Yes i am i'm doing Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics but this is because these are my strongest subjects Don't worry you dont need Maths ... here take a look ---> http://medhealth.leeds.ac.uk/info/20...mbchb/691/fbrs

and that is probably a good idea Good luck :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvasiveRose)
    No, I can see where you're coming from. In our school the top set for subjects like Maths and hysics were dominated by boys (I think it was 7 girls including me and the rest were boys in a class of 32 :sad:)
    Good haha, I just thought it sounded really bad.

Ahh my Maths (I was top set for that too:rolleyes:) was 32 people, and about 13 were girls, it was almost fairly even, but there were more boys.

In my Science (Set 3 - really wasn't happy about that when I got my Year 10 timetable...:mad:) it was almost 50/50 in a class of 28, I think there were more girls. Set 1 had 30 people and there was only 10 boys haha. I find it so interesting how some subjects are dominated by certain genders, whether it's a coincidence or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas.)
    Wow, that's hardly any at all haha.
    I only know one boy in my whole year (about 70 boys) who is carrying on English..
    Less than 10 are only doing English here...

ReputationRep:
    Good haha, I just thought it sounded really bad.

Ahh my Maths (I was top set for that too:rolleyes:) was 32 people, and about 13 were girls, it was almost fairly even, but there were more boys.

In my Science (Set 3 - really wasn't happy about that when I got my Year 10 timetable...:mad:) it was almost 50/50 in a class of 28, I think there were more girls. Set 1 had 30 people and there was only 10 boys haha. I find it so interesting how some subjects are dominated by certain genders, whether it's a coincidence or not.
    Maybe. Or the overall ratio of girls:boys in the school
    Science. Memories
    In Yr 10 we had to do an exam to get put into sets. Somehow all the people from set 1 (incl. me) bar 1 person ended up spreading through set 2's and 6, whilst the majority of set 6 and 5 passed the test with flying colours and were put in set 1
    Most of us were horrified but it all turned out well in the end
    The Head Of Science told everyone to go back to their sets and deemed the exam results as void within 20 minutes of seeing what had happened :laugh:
    To do this day, I still don't know how that happened

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, my laptop literally like started smoking today. And like it kinda got a bit screwed up, I have a budget of like 450/500. What's a good laptop anyone could recommend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Hey guys, my laptop literally like started smoking today. And like it kinda got a bit screwed up, I have a budget of like 450/500. What's a good laptop anyone could recommend?
    Try in the IT section or the university section? I'm no good with latops and stuff

Or PM Bude8

ReputationRep:
    Science. Memories
    In Yr 10 we had to do an exam to get put into sets. Somehow all the people from set 1 (incl. me) bar 1 person ended up spreading through set 2's and 6, whilst the majority of set 6 and 5 passed the test with flying colours and were put in set 1
    The Head Of Science told everyone to go back to their sets and deemed the exam results as void within 20 minutes of seeing what had happened :laugh:
    Sounds like a good waste of a lesson though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Nor)
    Less than 10 are only doing English here...
    There is finally a banner of boyars and girls in my Spanish class! For the last two years there have been 8 boys and 3 girls, but now we are 4 of each! It's very exciting, as you may be able to tell although we have just been told that we have to make our own arrangements to get to another school, where we will have our lessons. That means the dreaded school bus D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Science. Memories
    Haha how did that happen :lol: its like in my maths there was a guy who could get 69 on higher paper and only 52 on foundation :lol:

ReputationRep:
    The camaraderie on this board inspired by this new milestone is rather touching. Aww

Anywho, I'm probably doing:

Bio (AQA)
    Spanish (AQA)
    Economics (AQA)
    Eng Lit (AQA)

I'm still at odds as to whether I should do Economics or RS. My overall goal is to become a Lawyer. I'd like to go to a Law school in the Russell Group. Anybody have any suggestions as to which subject (RS or Econ) is better?

I wish you all the best for the next two years, guys

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a good waste of a lesson though.
    (Original post by techno836)
    Haha how did that happen :lol: its like in my maths there was a guy who could get 69 on higher paper and only 52 on foundation :lol:
    It was when we looked back at it, but during that chaos I was just scared of my parents finding out I'd move down sets :sigh:

That is funny. I bet his teacher was perplexed as to why he did well on the higher than the foundation (maybe it was a mentality thing- easier questions= more mistakes)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Politepedant)
    The camaraderie on this board inspired by this new milestone is rather touching. Aww

Anywho, I'm probably doing:

Bio (AQA)
    Spanish (AQA)
    Economics (AQA)
    Eng Lit (AQA)

I'm still at odds as to whether I should do Economics or RS. My overall goal is to become a Lawyer. I'd like to go to a Law school in the Russell Group. Anybody have any suggestions as to which subject (RS or Econ) is better?

I wish you all the best for the next two years, guys
    Hello :wavey:
    I've added you to the OP

i'd say economics is probably a good choice to being a lawyer

ReputationRep:
    It was when we looked back at it, but during that chaos I was just scared of my parents finding out I'd move down sets :sigh:

That is funny. I bet his teacher was perplexed as to why he did well on the higher than the foundation (maybe it was a mentality thing- easier questions= more mistakes)
    It's all to do with what your taught towards i believe ... there are some stuff that'll never be taught for higher aswell

ReputationRep:
    Today was probably the last time, I get to see some of my friends in the normal 'care-free' manner, as school starts on Monday. Half excited/Half scared.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i am i'm doing Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics but this is because these are my strongest subjects Don't worry you dont need Maths ... here take a look ---> http://medhealth.leeds.ac.uk/info/20...mbchb/691/fbrs

and that is probably a good idea Good luck :yy:
    I think that's why a lot of people do maths.....
    but thanks, it's reassuring.

Now a question to anyone.....

What song are you listening to now? I really need to develop my taste in music....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dannyboy1236)
    I think that's why a lot of people do maths.....
    but thanks, it's reassuring.

Now a question to anyone.....

What song are you listening to now? I really need to develop my taste in music....
    No problem

and Mr Brightside - The killers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Today was probably the last time, I get to see some of my friends in the normal 'care-free' manner, as school starts on Monday. Half excited/Half scared.
    More excited :woo:

i don't see many people outside school so i'm looking forward to seeing them

ReputationRep:
    It's all to do with what your taught towards i believe ... there are some stuff that'll never be taught for higher aswell
    True. I think our debacle came about due to people from set 5 and 6 copying 1 person who happened to get most of the questions right (thats what they told us anyway), whilst us lot in the top classes didnt understand the colour in the circle method

ReputationRep:
    Everyone needs to drop everything and watch this it's too cute for words!!! http://m.ustream.tv/sfshiba

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.