Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Tennis Society IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Raonic seems like a man possessed so far in this tournament - he's playing very well.

Having said that, Federer is just unreal - defensive play is superb at the moment, almost everything is working

ReputationRep:
    What is ****ing Gwen Stefani doing sitting in Federer's camp? So random!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyJ)
    What is ****ing Gwen Stefani doing sitting in Federer's camp? So random!
    Her and her husband Gavin have been long time supporters of Federer, they're good friends. This isn't the first time they've been in his box

ReputationRep:
    feds broken back

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic is choking big time here.

ReputationRep:
    Shocked that Djokovic coughed up 3 DFs in the tiebreak alone, he had none in the 1st set. If he'd maintained his level he'd have his hands on the trophy by now, has to regroup to avoid Federer running away with the momentum

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic really lets Federer get in his head in a lot of matches. He was commanding the tiebreaker until 5-4. I genuinely think it's down to being frustrated with the crowd being so pro-Federer.

ReputationRep:
    Djoker is so tentative in the rallies. I've barely seen him hit any backhands down the line.

ReputationRep:
    Federer was playing as in his prime against Raunic, it was actualy entertaining which is saying something against a big server. And he did one of his unbelievably angled back hand winners

ReputationRep:
    An absolutely pathetic performance from Federer. So many errors. One of the worst he has put against djokovic. Such a disappointing result. His serve was pathetic too.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to Djokovic btw. I forgot to say that yesterday because I was so pissed with the result. Nole is undoubtedly the best on slow HCs (Austrlian Open, IW, Miami, Paris Bercy and WTF) and one has to be at his very best to beat him on such conditions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_K1NG)
    Congrats to Djokovic btw. I forgot to say that yesterday because I was so pissed with the result. Nole is undoubtedly the best on slow HCs (Austrlian Open, IW, Miami, Paris Bercy and WTF) and one has to be at his very best to beat him on such conditions.
    They really need to start speeding up the courts again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMadClown)
    They really need to start speeding up the courts again...
    I know.

ReputationRep:
    Del Potro lost on his return but did have break points and one break.

He said in interviews that his backhand is still painful but the rest of his game should be fine and with wildcards to big tournaments and more match play he should be winning matches again.

I'd expect he'll rise through the rankings pretty quick, his game was never massively dependent on his backhand anyway and his two big weapons (serve and colossal forehand) seem fine.

At least he'll get the full clay season to give him match practice for Wimbledon.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone interested in playing tennis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caspiian)
    All the time, apart from right now.

ReputationRep:
    You have to wait for the TSR French Open for the next chance of glory I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Why not now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why not now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    busy unfortunately...

ReputationRep:
    I'd play you were I in London! Get involved in the leagues out there - I did when I was around there for an internship a few years back, and there's plenty of people who want to play. http://www.londontennis.co.uk/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.