Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Somali Society Mk III Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    Correct me if im wrong, my Somali isn't as great as yours. Your teacher likes you and wants you but you said no so he threatened you. Your question is regarding advice if you should get a gun or not? :rofl:
    :lol:

What even?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)

What even?
    I know right. I skipped the first part because I wasnt even too sure. Something about the teacher putting vaseline on his lips suggestively and saying good morning? Lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    It's ok to have a preference on how you want your husband to look but in reality, we get what Allah gives us. You may even marry a guy, that you would have never though to marry.

I hope you could educate your father on this subject of interrace marriages in muslim communities.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know...every guy and girl has a list of ideals but let's be real most of it never becomes a reality. He was actually pretty nice but I told my uncle to forget it because Idk my whole generation has only ever married Pashtuns, it's not only my dad. He hasn't openly said anything but recently it seems he's changing his mind, he was talking about how Pashtuns are generally quite short-tempered and that we need to introduce non-pashtuns to the family to make us all calmer :lol:

Racism =/= Islam, tell them that.
    It's not racism it's just we have a different culture and language and it's much easier to marry those of the same culture. Here it's not so much of a problem but the way of thinking is cemented into most elders' heads.

ReputationRep:
    Thankfully my parents arent racist either. Its all good if the guy is a good Muslim man!

I personally would hesitate marrying someone who isnt Somali or even other black/African because I want my children to look like me. We have this neighbour who is Somali and is married to an Irish man. The kids look 100% white and she told my mum that people always ask her if she is the nanny. One time people even stopped her and demanded that she proves these are her kids. :eek: I personally wouldn't want to be thought of as a nanny.. But who knows who you fall in love with, its all down to Allah, just pray you have a meet a Muslim man with qualities you are looking for.

ReputationRep:
    I know right. I skipped the first part because I wasnt even too sure. Something about the teacher putting vaseline on his lips suggestively and saying good morning? Lmao.
    Sounds very Jimmy Saville.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Something about vaseline, lips and a good day.
    Sounds dodgy.
    Anyone can translate this, can the ayeeyo do it

Correct me if im wrong, my Somali isn't as great as yours. Your teacher likes you and wants you but you said no so he threatened you. Your question is regarding advice if you should get a gun or not? :rofl:
    Looooooool legit crying.

I think she said, her teacher said put vaseline on your lips when your happy. She places it on her lips. He smacks his lips and tries to take advantage of her. Her parents said that you are now 'spoiled' and must marry the man and live in his house.

ReputationRep:
    Kinda shocked to see so many MALI'S use TSR as i myself is one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeavyTeddy)
    Lets be honest, racism is rife even in Muslim communities. Somali parents are fine up until the point where you say you want to marry an adaan (Muslim) person then all hell breaks lose. And I've heard of a couple of somalis who wanted to get married to Pakistani's but the parents refused because they were black. The fact is Muslims care more about culture and their reputations than religion.

I'm so lucky my family don't have these views. If ever I was to here something racist from my parents, I would most probably switch. I don't think there's anything I loathe more in the world. That and people who ask dumb questions when google is easily accessible.
    Like babyghel I tots agree. My dad doesn't even want me to speak about marriage when he is present because I am still young and fabulous but mi madre said that she is aiight with me marrying whoever. But honestly I need somalo banterr so perhaps one of those dark skinned brothers on aisle 6 plzzz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by life is a test)
    Like boo, it is sorta a phase ya get?

ReputationRep:
    I crying at all these translations of what Julius said :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chukkeigh)
    Looooooool legit crying.

I think she said, her teacher said put vaseline on your lips when your happy. She places it on her lips. He smacks his lips and tries to take advantage of her. Her parents said that you are now 'spoiled' and must marry the man and live in his house.
    Hahaaha im literally laughing out loud. Who even knows now, so many different variations :rofl:. You seem to understand somali 10/10 though chukkeigh :cool: Im waiting for him to translate now.

ReputationRep:
    Dayumm ar u a gyaldem or da mandem ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chukkeigh)
    Like boo, it is sorta a phase ya get?
    What did u say? . I dont get what ur sayin.

By the way don't most somalians live in london.

ReputationRep:
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s0taHpIUQuuG

Racism =/= Islam, tell them that.
    Hahahaha i'll respond to you tomorrow only if you promise not to make fun of my accent. I remember umar telling me i sound posh :/

What even?
    Too many teachers are geting with students man. Tbh high school is full of sluts with short skirts so if its a weak man, he can easily get tempted

ReputationRep:

boo, dnt hate on the lingo. u said i in lowercase, not in posithan to spek to my gurl lyk that.

ReputationRep:
    Dayumm ar u a gyaldem or da mandem ?
    If i told u which part of london i came from u would understand. Most people my age speak with slang but i try my best no to in public. I wont be able to tell u what part of london i live in due to my own safety. Lol

ReputationRep:

I said whatg I said b. Nit hard to understand fam. It is Somali b & me no care really.
    If i told u which part of london i came from u would understand. Most people my age speak with slang but i try my best no to in public. I wont be able to tell u what part of london i live in due to my own safety. Lol
    Looooooool we r nit the CIA, b.

ReputationRep:
    boo, dnt hate on the lingo. u said i in lowercase, not in posithan to spek to my gurl lyk that.
    Your one of reasons as to why i hardly go on TSR . Lol no lie

ReputationRep:
    safety?

I'm from da south est Londn. My posting code is SE6 3TS an dhis is hw I l00k lyk:

Screw da safe mate.

ReputationRep:
    safety?

I'm from da south est Londn. My posting code is SE6 3TS an dhis is hw I l00k lyk:

Screw da safe mate.

Ur from south east london .lol
    Them ends are kinda dead still

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.