Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SampleX)
    If I don't pass, I'll have to retake the exam again, but the exam is £60 a time. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you are sure you are ready, go for it. But if you are hesitant, don't risk it, and try to do it at the time you are ready.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I really need help with revision; I'm really laidback when it comes to it and I fear that it will affect my chances of getting A/A*s at GCSE.

So, how do you guys revise?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Kyou)
    I really need help with revision; I'm really laidback when it comes to it and I fear that it will affect my chances of getting A/A*s at GCSE.

So, how do you guys revise?
    Hola! I am in Y12 and know how you feel. I may fall asleep soon but what subjects do you do? I can give you some tips if you'd like, although I'm not good at following them through myself!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    Hola! I am in Y12 and know how you feel. I may fall asleep soon but what subjects do you do? I can give you some tips if you'd like, although I'm not good at following them through myself!
    Well, Maths, although I don't need help in that subject .
    Aside from Maths, I do English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History MW, Drama, Business and Computing.
    I mainly need help in the sciences, as they're just mainly about reading the book and memorising; both of which as I said before, have no clue how to do or get in the mood to revise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    Well, Maths, although I don't need help in that subject .
    Aside from Maths, I do English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History MW, Drama, Business and Computing.
    I mainly need help in the sciences, as they're just mainly about reading the book and memorising; both of which as I said before, have no clue how to do or get in the mood to revise.
    I too have the same problem with science, but the way I revise is to watch a inspiring video on science which may or may not have anything to do with gcse ( I know it might sounds weird but it works for me) then you might enter your revision session positively, rather than uh it's science, I'll go on my phone instead

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tango_16)
    I too have the same problem with science, but the way I revise is to watch a inspiring video on science which may or may not have anything to do with gcse ( I know it might sounds weird but it works for me) then you might enter your revision session positively, rather than uh it's science, I'll go on my phone instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here. I hate revising science because there's just too much to cover and you literally need to know everything to have a chance at getting an A/A*. My mum's a science teacher so I have almost every revision material I could need but I really can't be asked. I'm really hoping that the real thing is like the mocks which I think went pretty well for me (I'll have to wait till I get back to confirm).

I have the same problem with history which is long af but I pretty good at remembering the dates and important people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm new on this thread! Just want some advice...
    Just got my place at my school's sixth form, which I have to confirm by the 15th. My other option, however, hasn't even sent out interview dates so I doubt I'll know anything before then.

I think I'll probably end up going to my school's sixth form, but I don't know. What should I do?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by pursuedbyabear)
    Just got my place at my school's sixth form, which I have to confirm by the 15th. My other option, however, hasn't even sent out interview dates so I doubt I'll know anything before then.

I think I'll probably end up going to my school's sixth form, but I don't know. What should I do?
    Hey, welcome to the thread :hi:

You should probably talk to your form tutor or your school's sixth form office :yep: If it's another local sixth form then it will have happened before and your school will know how to deal with it

ReputationRep:

Maybe you could accept the place at your school's sixth form anyway (unless you have to deposit any money, in which case you should talk to a teacher) and if you end up wanting to go to the other sixth form, get your parents to write a letter to the school that you're not going to their sixth form anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    Hey, welcome to the thread :hi:

You should probably talk to your form tutor or your school's sixth form office :yep: If it's another local sixth form then it will have happened before and your school will know how to deal with it
    Thank you for the quick reply I'll do that when term restarts then
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Thank you for the quick reply I'll do that when term restarts then
    Is your name by any chance inspired The Winters Tale? :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Is your name by any chance inspired The Winters Tale? :giggle:
    Yes, haha
    I'm really sad we didn't get to study it or some other Shakespeare plays at GCSE. They always pick Macbeth, The Tempest etc.
    Seriously, we did Macbeth for like 3 years in a row!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Yes, haha
    I'm really sad we didn't get to study it or some other Shakespeare plays at GCSE. They always pick Macbeth, The Tempest etc.
    Seriously, we did Macbeth for like 3 years in a row!
    :woo:
    We did Much Ado for GCSE, which is slightly more unusual I guess :yep:

ReputationRep:
    :woo:
    We did Much Ado for GCSE, which is slightly more unusual I guess :yep:
    Yes, it is! I find it annoying because everyone's put off Shakespeare (or at least in my school). I'm still not a massive fan, but so much of his work deserves more appreciation than it gets.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Yes, it is! I find it annoying because everyone's put off Shakespeare (or at least in my school). I'm still not a massive fan, but so much of his work deserves more appreciation than it gets.
    I much prefer watching it :yep: I've seen quite a few on stage and they're amazing

ReputationRep:
    Sonnet 118

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! Decided to join you people
    I still can't believe how quickly time's passed We're doing real exams in what 4-5 months ?!? But honestly, I'm just looking forward to starting college and uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephssteps)
    I still can't believe how quickly time's passed We're doing real exams in what 4-5 months ?!? But honestly, I'm just looking forward to starting college and uni
    Hoping 6th form is my time to shine :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

You can accept more than one offer, so just accept it and decide later.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by stephssteps)
    Hey there, welcome to the thread :hi:

I'm not actually in year 11, but I'm a CA here, so if you have any questions then quote me in or PM me :yep:
    What are you thinking of doing after year 11?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.