Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by durhamboy)
    Not sure about this; just had an email response from Wolfson;

'Thank you for your e-mail. CGCM decision e-mails will be send by the middle of next week.'

May well have to wait a little longer than first anticipated.
    Aw, I see. I thought it was tomorrow as last year decisions were sent out two days after the BMAT, on the Friday of that week. Oh well I'll have another paradoxically both relaxed and anxious weekend then!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, how the hell do I see what I put as my personal ID on the pearson vue website for the UKCAT???? I have a feeling I've put the wrong number some how. I mean, I have my PID written on my phone and another email from track is saying it's different??? I am so screwed if I put the wrong number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoeADeer)
    Hi, how the hell do I see what I put as my personal ID on the pearson vue website for the UKCAT???? I have a feeling I've put the wrong number some how. I mean, I have my PID written on my phone and another email from track is saying it's different??? I am so screwed if I put the wrong number.
    Hmm, I really do not want to scare you but I think you should have put the Track number. There was a lot of discussion and panicking around this issue earlier in this thread and you may not be the only one who put their PID number from Apply. Best phone up Pearson and all unis (and UCAS?) asap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YeloSweetPotato)
    Hmm, I really do not want to scare you but I think you should have put the Track number. There was a lot of discussion and panicking around this issue earlier in this thread and you may not be the only one who put their PID number from Apply. Best phone up Pearson and all unis (and UCAS?) asap.
    Ah damn. I don't understand why we have different numbers for apply and track. I'll ring tomorrow, cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoeADeer)
    Ah damn. I don't understand why we have different numbers for apply and track. I'll ring tomorrow, cheers!
    It goes back to your original PID from your first application, so you'll always have the same ID for Track, no matter how many times you apply.

I think you'll be ok; they have said that they still have the matching system so I think that will have sorted it. Call them to be safe though.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard a ything from Cambridge today.... Bracing myself for the rejection email currently....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OldwoolwichRoad)
    Anyone heard a ything from Cambridge today.... Bracing myself for the rejection email currently....
    Someone emailed Woolfson, and apparently they're the middle of next week.

ReputationRep:
    Same here - a friend of mine got an interview invitation on Tuesday 3/11. He did an open application though.

(Original post by OldwoolwichRoad)

ReputationRep:
    Any news from cambridge??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gillickcompetent)
    Same here - a friend of mine got an interview invitation on Tuesday 3/11. He did an open application though.
    Really?? I didn't think they gave out any interview invitations til they made their final decisions and send them out at once.

Unless he has really incredible credentials??

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget to regularly check your Spam folder / Junk mail.

This is especially if you usually view emails on your phone and not on a PC where its more obvious.

Most Uni send 'auto' generated emails about INTERVIEWS and OFFERS - and these will often be filtered as spam/junk, and are VERY easy to miss if you don't remember to check regularly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KirstieW)
    Really?? I didn't think they gave out any interview invitations til they made their final decisions and send them out at once.

Unless he has really incredible credentials??
    I think the final decision has been made otherwise he would not have an interview. Maybe he found out sooner because his application did not go through one of the colleges as he did an open application. (College allocation in this case takes place after interviews when/if he actually gets an offer.)

The less optimistic view is that we simply did not make the cut for interviews.

ReputationRep:
    I think the final decision has been made otherwise he would not have an interview. Maybe he found out sooner because his application did not go through one of the colleges as he did an open application. (College allocation in this case takes place after interviews when/if he actually gets an offer.)

Surely he would have been allocated a college for a decision to be made. As far as I know they allocate open applications to colleges with the least applicants to even it out. His interview would also take place at one of the colleges - whichever he would have been initially allocated.

ReputationRep:

My application was an open application as well and I have no news yet. Did you choose a college?

ReputationRep:
    Surely he would have been allocated a college for a decision to be made. As far as I know they allocate open applications to colleges with the least applicants to even it out.
    That's for undergrad because there are 33 colleges.
    For CGCM the decision to interview & the actual interview is done centrally. After the interview the applicants with the best scores get offers and this is when they take into account your college choice.

What you're saying would have been a possibility if we were to be interviewed at college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bianacarol)
    My application was an open application as well and I have no news yet. Did you choose a college?
    yes, I did - My friend did not.

ReputationRep:
    That's for undergrad because there are 33 colleges.
    For CGCM the decision to interview & the actual interview is done centrally. After the interview the applicants with the best scores get offers and this is when they take into account your college choice.

What you're saying would have been a possibility if we were to be interviewed at college.
    I think you are right about that. Last year they were all interviewed at the Biomedical Research Centre (?) at Addenbrooke's, not in any college. I have to confess that I did kind of expect you good people to hear today, but that was just based on last year. Sorry! Fingers crossed for early next week.

Final college allocations weren't made until August, so it's a long way off, even for those who are successful at interview.

I know someone from last year who made an open application, was initially allocated to one college, then in May requested a different one, and had it confirmed in August.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHSFan)
    I think you are right about that. Last year they were all interviewed at the Biomedical Research Centre at Addenbrooke's, not in any college. I have to confess that I did kind of expect you good people to hear today, but that was just based on last year. Sorry! Fingers crossed for early next week.

Final college allocations weren't made until August, so it's a long way off, even for those who are successful at interview.

I know someone from last year who made an open application, was initially allocated to one college, then in May requested a different one, and had it confirmed in August.
    Ah I thought the interviews took place at one of the colleges! They didn't say otherwise at their open day. Makes sense now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah I thought the interviews took place at one of the colleges! They didn't say otherwise at their open day. Makes sense now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I reckon they do interviews, decide who they want, then share them out!

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

Kings messaged me today to say I was unsuccessful. I'm still hoping for better luck with my other 3 options (all ukcat unis).

Good luck to all!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.