Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iodo345)
    I'm going to say 55 for an A. Did anyone else find this easier than unit 1?
    Nope Unit 1 was easier for me.

ReputationRep:
    was it possible to talk about chronic stress as it said it was lasting 7 weeks?

ReputationRep:
    What did the question relating to Kieran and Zach say, was Zach the one that thought he was unlucky to get selected and Kieran the one that said that he'll be fine ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlanC98)
    wasnt much in it but unit 1 was easier for me they were just giving out marks
    It was as if the examiners knew it was the last year so couldn't be bothered to produce new questions and bunged a load of old ones together. How did you find it and what do you think the grade boundaries will be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neelt)
    So for the 6 maker i did the biological approach instead of the behavioural approach
    ANDDD for the normative and informative defintions i wrote the definitons for complience and internalisation
    Feel soo badd 😢
    I did biological approach! It least I'm not alone😭🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamJOM)
    I'm fairly sure that the question was set out in such a way that you could talk about life changes or workload/control - I did both anyway. I don't think you'll be docked marks for talking about life changes; in fact it'll probably give you more marks since it seems relevant
    OMG thank god! Well to be honest it could be argued she was going through a life change if you argue about it enough, her daughter could have been living with her and now moved out because she was getting married or something far fetched like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eleanor303)
    I wrote about life changes too, I also put a bit on having a higher workload due to her extra project. What did the question say about her lacking control? I would have thought that having the extra project at work would have increased her control.
    It said something like the success of her project was down to the work of her other colleagues

With life changes, was it because of her daughter's wedding?

ReputationRep:
    Talking about this isn't going to make you feel better ... trust me. It's over now guys, just carry on with your other subjects and wait for results day so you an get your A's

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fmb2970)
    That paper.. I could not comment whether it was easy or hard. Some questions were pretty straight forward but some I struggled with, but did manage to answer everything just to fill in the gaps so made up some answers..like the evaluation points for the psychoanalysis. It was so silly of me to think that personality will not come up so didn't even had a look through it so lost those 2 marks about identifying whther its Type A or Type B! OH and agghh, most explanations that I have actually learnt didn't come up and also the studies such as the one using the nasal spray and salt solution!

I've got few questions to make me feel confident of my answers or if I answered it wrong please do reply or comment! (if you can mark my answer then that will be great!)
    Ok soo.
    1. On the question about outlining the findings about the research in daily hassles worth 4 marks I think.. I've put the they have found a significant correlation between the hassle scores and illness. And thay they didn't find a relationship between uplifts score and illness.

2. On the workplace stress question (4), when they said that you had to refer to psychological research, I didn't really know how I should refer to it.. so I just based it on the context of the question.. I've put the fact that she had a lack of control over her success of the project since it depended on its colleagues. Also, the fact that she had to plan her family holiday and her daughter's wedding show that she had too much workload and so triggers stress.

3. (4)Also, on the question about who between the 2 person will expererience the negative effects of stress.. I've put the first person since he is being negative and that if he fails he will be very angry to himself and that he is too confident and feels that he is better than a lot of people in his class so will not revise ( I didn't revise personality so I've just written my own judgment!)

4. (2) The question about one difference between conformity and obedience, I've put that Conformity is when nobody tells you what to do but your behaviour changes anyway. Whilst obedience is when a person who's in authority tells you what to do and changes your behaviour.

5. The one about social change really challenged my thinking so I've put this instead: It tells us that the minority group can influence the majority's view. For example, when setting up a campaign about recycling and being 'green' and telling the majority group that by doing this will help save the environment and will have a positive impact. And so the majority will gradually go into the minority group until the minority have become a majority group. (Is this right??? cant remember the marks, 4 or 6 marks I think??)

6. Limitation of deviation of ideal mental health (2) : Ive put.. "It is not clear how many of these ideal mental health characteristics need to be lacking in order to be considered abnormal"

7. Oh and this NOT REALLY PREPARED FOR THIS ONE..the 12 marker.. this will be (6+6) right? So ive put for Outline: Drug therapy is used to get rid of the symptoms of the disorder/abnormal behaviour. Such drugs include Anti-anxiety drugs - Benzodiazepines are used as a calming effect (GABA) and reduces the amount of serotonin in the brain which is known to increase anxiety If there's too much of it. Anti-psychotic drugs - used to treat disorders such as schizophrenic (yes its very detailed lol!) .. Anti-depressant - drug used to increase levels of serotonin in the brain. (and that's all ive put of AO1) :/
    As for AO2 ive put quite a lot but small bits and pieces such as: + IT is quick and easy to take, -people may find it difficult to come off it if they have relied on it for quite a long time, -does not actually get rid of the disorder itself, -only gets rid of the symptoms, -side effects such as drowsiness so may be dangerous to drive, -symptoms may come back if medication stops. (how many marks for AO2 would tha tbe worth??)

8.Also, what did you guys put about what the scatergraph also tells us? I've put 'we can see how little/a lot of stress we experience affect our health' (referring to the graph, but pretty sure I got this wrong! quite a vague question I think!)

9. The question where it's worth 4 marks on how to deal with ethics? I've put confidentiality, right to withraw, and debriefing..is this right?

10. On the normative and informational influence worth 3 marks each, ive put: Normative is when people wanted to be liked and accepted in the group. This leads to compliance. For example, when you say you liked the film even though you hated it because you wanted to fit in. Informational influence is when you feel the need to be right so you look onto others who we think are right. This leads into internalization. For example, changing religion because we agree about their view.

Funny how there are research methods in the PSYa2 paper.. wasn't really aware about that :/ I thought they'd only come up in the unit 1 paper. THANKS GUYS! RESPONSE WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED.. REALLY WANTED TO GET A HIGH GRADE ON THIS AS THIS IS A RESIT ..DOING A2 THE WEEK AFTER NEXT! NEED 300 UCAS PTS FOR UNIVERSITY SO GETTING REALLY NERVOUS.. EASIER TO GET A HIGHER GRADE IN AS THAN IT IS IN A2!..

Hiya... Did u actually include any research or researchers in your answer in any of the questions? O.o cuz it says include research findings or base on your psychological knowledge ( so on what you've revised) because in your answer above u didn't seem to put any research whatsoever, just your opinion .-.

Wih number 5 you didn't mention anything about consistency, augmentation principle etc.. There was a previous question on this in one of the past papers and on the mark scheme it says you had to include: consistency, flexibility, non-dogmatic etc...

Also with number 4, you put lack of control but did you back it up with a finding? Like for example, I put she had high workload etc and talked about johannson et al....

Don't take my word for it though, this is just what I think lol not to scare you but with the 4 markers you had to base it off a psychological research and if u didn't .-. Then you'd probably lose a lot of marks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lad lol)
    Do you know anyone else smart who put RET haha?
    yup some of my friends actually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saran12)
    For the 12 marker i talked about anti psycotoic drugs, anti depressants as well as BZs and beta blockers
    i then evaluated this fully with like 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses
    such as the WHO found anti-pscyotic were superior to placebos proving its effectiveness
    drugs only treat symptoms of abnormality not causes so ineffective in long term so psychoanalysis is better in long term
    Side effects of BZs cognitive impairment

Then outlined ect
    then evaluated this fully again. Such as strengths like comer found 60-70% had significant improvements after using ect.
    sachiem found high relapse rates. Etc
    doh report found 30% reported psychological side effects thus another weakness of ect.
    can i possibly get 12 marks ?

Thanks guys 😀
    Hi
    Beta blockers and bz drugs come under treating stress I think- the question was about treating abnormality
    As long as your other drugs were in good detail u should be fine
    I'm screwed for the 12 marker I ****ing wrote about systematic desensitisation when it asked for a biological therapy. I think I probably lost all 12 marks; would I gain any marks?
    I'm still trying to see if it's still possible for me to get an A if the grade boundaries are not too high- everyone found the papers really easy, so I'm scared they're going to be high. I think I got 45-50 in unit 2 and 65-67 in unit 1. What do think the grade boundaries will be base on other papers?

ReputationRep:
    any unoffical mark schemes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lad lol)
    no I disregarded tom's existence completely. I thought, "sheep, conformist little ant", and ripped out his name from paper in fury. Only zach and kieran were mentioned in my answer. Zach was a deluded fool, and oddity and most importantly a coward. Kieran was a bravehearted knight. A real gentleman. A winner and a lion amongst sheep.
    😂😂😂looooool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eleanor303)
    I think I might have seen once on a mark scheme stating that if a student has written about the wrong thing but has written a detailed answer on another topic by accident then a few marks can be awarded. I have no idea if the mark scheme will be this generous, but I wouldn't worry about it too much as some grade boundaries still allow you to lose 22 marks to get an A.
    Really???! I wrote about systematic desensitisation too so I think I lost 12 marks

Does anyone remember the 6 marker question before the 12 marker?
    Was it outline biological approach or behavioural approach??

ReputationRep:
    Someone please answer this for me I would appreciate it cuz im not sure how much i would roughly get i was thinking 2-4

For the 4 marker on findings on daily hassles I wrote that Kanner developed a 117 hassle scale and 135 uplifts scale and found that Daily hassles are more stressful that major life events because they are frequent and persistent while major life events are in frequent. He also found that the hassle scale tended to be a better predictor of stress than the srrs scale such as predicting depression and anxiety. Also ruffin found the accumulation effect where small persistent fequent daily hassles eventuall build up and lead to stress as they are persistent. How much out of 4 please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibzish)
    Does anyone remember the 6 marker question before the 12 marker?
    Was it outline biological approach or behavioural approach??
    Was behavioural

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobhopkins05)
    Hi
    Beta blockers and bz drugs come under treating stress I think- the question was about treating abnormality
    As long as your other drugs were in good detail u should be fine
    I'm screwed for the 12 marker I ****ing wrote about systematic desensitisation when it asked for a biological therapy. I think I probably lost all 12 marks; would I gain any marks?
    I'm still trying to see if it's still possible for me to get an A if the grade boundaries are not too high- everyone found the papers really easy, so I'm scared they're going to be high. I think I got 45-50 in unit 2 and 65-67 in unit 1. What do think the grade boundaries will be base on other papers?
    yh i wrote about the other drugs as well as ect in detail. The question was around ect and drug therapies so talking about SD may have lost you marks unless your evaluation related to drugs in anyway.

I think the grade boundaries for an A for unit 1 could be around 58-60 and around 53-55 for unit 2. Cause based on this thread most people found unit 1 easy but yoy never know how everyone in the country did so i doubt it would rise above 60

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saran12)
    yh i wrote about the other drugs as well as ect in detail. The question was around ect and drug therapies so talking about SD may have lost you marks unless your evaluation related to drugs in anyway.

I think the grade boundaries for an A for unit 1 could be around 58-60 and around 53-55 for unit 2.
    Honestly man BZs come under treating abnormality because there ws a question on this in a paper for 4 marks and it said allow BZs but not BBS so if you talked about BZs reducing stress it counts and is valid because it treats abnormaity aas it is an anti anxiety drug so its fine they count but BBs dont that 12 marker was just so nice of AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentwiz)
    Correct scattergram (1)
    C
    What do they show other than relationship? (1)
    One strength of correlations in stress research (2)
    One weakness of correlations in stress research (2)
    Outline findings from research into daily hassles (4)
    Identify personality type (1)
    Who is more likely to suffer negative effects of stress? Refer to psychological research (4)
    Explain why Janet might be feeling stressed; refer to psychological research (4)
    Outline one psychological method of stress management (4)
    Why is failing to gain informed consent an ethical issue? (2)

Explain one or more ways in which psychologists attempt to overcome ethical issues (4)
    Explain one difference between conformity and obedience (2)
    Explain what is meant by 'normative social influence (3)
    Explain what is meant by 'informational social influence (3)
    Which boy demonstrates internal locus of control? (1)
    Which boy demonstrates external locus of control? (1)
    Which boy is more likely to resist the pressure to conform? Use knowledge of psychology to explain choice (4)
    Explain how social influence research helps us to understand social change (4)
    One limitation of 'deviation from ideal mental health' definition of abnormality (2)
    Outline behavioural approach to psychopathology(6)
    Evaluate psychoanalysis as a method for treating abnormality (4)

Discuss one or more biological therapies for treating abnormality (12)
    Here's the questions that was posted earlier
    Cheers Jeff, you absolute nutsack.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.