The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

got an unconditional for Edinburgh uni last night, has anyone else heard back?
Original post by Hannah4814
They said at mine they would try and let rejections know pretty quick, so you might not be a rejection :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm well still not getting my hopes up haha!!
Reply 3222
Original post by Elinapun
If you're offered March intake, you shouldn't be affected by the bursary changes! The change will only affect those starting in sept 2017! I prefer sept intake cause waiting another year is so long when we could start in September! I emailed the admissions office about this and she said she has noted it down and if there are any space then they'll put me down for it! Idk if it works

Hi got my reply Bk today n I got a conditional offer to start sept 2016 Sheffield uni. I only went Saturday for interview 😊
Original post by Sk35
Hi got my reply Bk today n I got a conditional offer to start sept 2016 Sheffield uni. I only went Saturday for interview 😊

Congrats!! Omg they told me the sept intake was full 😳 Are you gonna firm it? I kind of want to firm it but don't want to wait until March!
Hiya, is anybody else applying for a nursing course at Hertfordshire university?! I've received an offer and I'm doing mental health nursing, would just like to see if I can get talking to some people that will be there the same time as me so I can get to know some people!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone had an interview for nursing at Oxford Brookes yet? If so, how was it?? :smile:
Reply 3226
Original post by Elinapun
Congrats!! Omg they told me the sept intake was full 😳 Are you gonna firm it? I kind of want to firm it but don't want to wait until March!

Thx I only applied for one course n uni so I m gonna accept 😃
Does anyone know how long Stirling take to give out conditionals? I've only heard of people getting unconditionals and my interview was almost 2 months ago so getting really impatient now 😬
Has anyone with later interviews than 18th Feb from Northumbria heard yet?

I've only heard of people getting rejections before interviews the last couple of days.

I interviewed last Monday 7th March and as far as I know, none from my day have heard anything yet.
Original post by Mrs Hernandez
Anyone else been accepted or waiting on a decision from uws for adult nursing??

I'm still waiting on a decision had my interview 18th Feb. I spoke with admissions who said all decisions have been made its just a matter of them logging them all into UCAS 🤔😬
Original post by Danibee5
I'm still waiting on a decision had my interview 18th Feb. I spoke with admissions who said all decisions have been made its just a matter of them logging them all into UCAS 🤔😬

Oooh my friend has applied to them for Adult Nursing but she applied after the Jan deadline (they were still accepting applications) but she hasn't even heard anything about getting an interview or not x
Original post by CaitlinN15
Yeah that's what I thought, it keeps saying 'application for year 2015/6 not yet received by us' something along those lines, so I think I'm just going to wait until April and then I'll see if it lapses over for the next year, if not I'll just have to ring them up. It should be okay though shouldn't it? I got an email today from them saying 'welcome to saas' or something. So the account has been made but no application has been made.. I think it should be fine. Thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup it will be totally fine. You can actually apply to SAAS right up until the end of the academic year (May I think?) and they just backdate the payments, also maybe cause post-graduate students have got an extra semester over summer... so you've technically tried to apply for last years funding, which is still open. I would just take a note of all your SAAS account details and keep them safe and then phone them once the 2016/17 applications open (mid April I think), then explain what's happened. They might say to open a new account or that they will change it for you on their end - either way you can't actually apply for funding for like another month at least.. you should tell your college or whoever it was that said to do that :wink: xx
Oh and for anyone else that ends up getting into a Scottish uni and needs to contact SAAS, make sure you phone first thing in the morning or right before they close because you can be on hold literally for hours around the time the unis ask you to start doing your SAAS application.
Original post by Jess992
Yup it will be totally fine. You can actually apply to SAAS right up until the end of the academic year (May I think?) and they just backdate the payments, also maybe cause post-graduate students have got an extra semester over summer... so you've technically tried to apply for last years funding, which is still open. I would just take a note of all your SAAS account details and keep them safe and then phone them once the 2016/17 applications open (mid April I think), then explain what's happened. They might say to open a new account or that they will change it for you on their end - either way you can't actually apply for funding for like another month at least.. you should tell your college or whoever it was that said to do that :wink: xx

Thanks for your help but I sorted it on Monday, saas saw my worries on twitter and dmed me back so I'm perfectly fine with everything now. Thanks anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rebecca Stoops
What was your interview like - I have mine on Friday :frown:

It wasn't too bad, you just get split into groups of about 5 and get given a problem solving scenario to solve within the group it's nothing too difficult and the staff are all really friendly, then you just have to do that Cambridge personality test thing and then student nurses give you a tour of the campus, good luck!
Original post by ladyspork
Has anyone with later interviews than 18th Feb from Northumbria heard yet?

I've only heard of people getting rejections before interviews the last couple of days.

I interviewed last Monday 7th March and as far as I know, none from my day have heard anything yet.

My interview was 25th Feb and I've heard nothing there's a few people been rejected who had interviews the week before me
Original post by DaniiC
Just got an unconditional for Nursing in Stirling Univeristy ( highland campus) wondering if anyone else has! Would love to talk to some people ill be seeing around! '

Hey dani! I got my unconditional offer last week! So excited to get started! Xx
Original post by Dawny97
My interview was 25th Feb and I've heard nothing there's a few people been rejected who had interviews the week before me

Interesting! My interview was on the 7th March at Northumbria and I haven't heard anything yet.
I haven't heard of anyone who had their interviews at the end of Feb or throughout March getting accepted or rejected.
Original post by RascalRach
Interesting! My interview was on the 7th March at Northumbria and I haven't heard anything yet.
I haven't heard of anyone who had their interviews at the end of Feb or throughout March getting accepted or rejected.

Did they tell you when you would be likely to hear, are you doing child
Original post by Dawny97
Did they tell you when you would be likely to hear, are you doing child

Ah no, I'm applying for adult. They just said they were coming to the end of interviews so shouldn't be too long.
I heard someone else say they were told it could be next week, that was for adult aswell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending