Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by usycool1)
    You'll make friends, I promise. The only friends who I'm still in contact with from Sixth Form are people who were externals (I went to the same school that the Sixth Form was part of).
    I make friends pretty easily thanks to NCS, summer schools, volunteering, etc. but it's pretty daunting because it's two train rides away!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    Mines at 2, a couple of my friends are going but it'd be nice to know new people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I met a few people at my interview and they were pretty friendly. I didn't go to the taster day though, did you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by csutton)
    I met a few people at my interview and they were pretty friendly. I didn't go to the taster day though, did you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Couldn't, had flu at the time, glad I'm not the only one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Reading all these posts stresses me out!
    I mean, I would be happy to pass some of my subjects, never mind A*s!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OwlOfFire)
    Reading all these posts stresses me out!
    I mean, I would be happy to pass some of my subjects, never mind A*s!
    Same!! I want A's, but I know I haven't got them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, first time posting though I've been stalking this thread for quite a while now!
    I'm so scared and nervous for results day lol, especially for chem and phy as I'm doing them at A-levels!!
    If anyone did OCR Gateway, how did you find the exams?

ReputationRep:
    Sooooo bored

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kxjzh)
    Same!! I want A's, but I know I haven't got them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm hoping to get a mix of A's and B's, however the papers were a bit weird and I don't think I did enough revision. So I'm hopping that I can scrape a pass in some subjects.

ReputationRep:
    When does AQA release GB?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys have any tips for preventing a break down just so that I can be prepared for worst case scenario?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymouuuuus)
    Am I the only one who had a mental breakdown in their most important exam and basically ruined their chances of taking the a level?
    Nope your not the only one, i messed up in unit 1 aqa geography even though it was an easy paper. Pressure got the better of me lets hope unit 2 and unit 3 can save me.
    Good luck anyway bet you will not need it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cboydxo)
    Hi everyone!
    I'm new to this thread and I'm dreading results day even though I won't get mine until the 30th August (I'm on holiday and they'll be sent to my house so that I can open them then!)
    Just wondering if anyone on this thread did any WJEC exams?
    Good luck everyone, I'm sure we've all done well
    Pretty much all of my exams were WJEC.
    Even though I don't live in Wales

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j.bolding2)
    Nope your not the only one, i messed up in unit 1 aqa geography even though it was an easy paper. Pressure got the better of me lets hope unit 2 and unit 3 can save me.
    Good luck anyway bet you will not need it
    I also messed up geography unit 1, which is really annoying as that was one I was hoping to do well on.

ReputationRep:
    I also messed up geography unit 1, which is really annoying as that was one I was hoping to do well on.
    I often do better on unit 1, was this aqa you did if so how did you find paper 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shohaib712)
    Do you guys have any tips for preventing a break down just so that I can be prepared for worst case scenario?
    Perhaps don't open your results in front of anyone, I'm certainly not going to open up my results in front of friends!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j.bolding2)
    I often do better on unit 1, was this aqa you did if so how did you find paper 2
    Yeah it was aqa, I think unit 2 was a bit better than paper 1. But to be fair I did struggle with both!

ReputationRep:
    Strangely enough, everyone I know has been getting the best results this year and last year when the weather has been awful (rain etc.)

Good news,
    it is raining on Thursday
    That is a good sign for GCSE results.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps don't open your results in front of anyone, I'm certainly not going to open up my results in front of friends!
    Yeah but if I dont open it at school, it'll be even worse opening in front of parent's though (asian parents)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shohaib712)
    Yeah but if I dont open it at school, it'll be even worse opening in front of parent's though (asian parents)
    Ahhh, maybe you can just open them up in the corner or something? I'm really nervous about opening my results...it makes me feel sick!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was aqa, I think unit 2 was a bit better than paper 1. But to be fair I did struggle with both!
    i messed up on the unit 1 8 markers where i felt more confident on unit 2 for some reason?
    I did:
    restless earth
    water on the land
    coastal zone

population
    changing urban
    tourism

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.