London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3220
tribalium
how cummmm?!?!?!
maybe it's an offer mate!
try again!

LOL, I just checked my ucas track and only found a rejection from oxford :frown:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
a question: i am one of those who applied early(ie. 14th october). so if i still havent receive my "gathered pile" email, does it mean the decision will be made today? (friday in uk)
tribalium
how cummmm?!?!?!
maybe it's an offer mate!
try again!

rejection from Oxford EM. How's it going with your Cambridge application?
evaluat_ion
a question: i am one of those who applied early(ie. 14th october). so if i still havent receive my "gathered pile" email, does it mean the decision will be made today? (friday in uk)

well this question has been asked so many times in this thread and I am exactly in the same boat as you - applied on the14th of Ocrober and still have not heard from them any. Your decision may be published in early January or you might even have to wait until March or so. We do not know the exact dates for decision and please bear in mind that we are just speculating about them. i.e. no one here can actually give a definite answer to your original question.
Jong Il Kim
well this question has been asked so many times in this thread and I am exactly in the same boat as you - applied on the14th of Ocrober and still have not heard from them any. Your decision may be published in early January or you might even have to wait until March or so. We do not know the exact dates for decision and please bear in mind that we are just speculating about them. i.e. no one here can actually give a definite answer to your original question.

thanks a lot... i have been reading this post starting from page 90 but i didnt see any clear answer to this... so i am kinda curious and asked this here... well thanks for the answer anyways! i really hope universities can set some deadlines to their rejections and offers, and publish them official somewhere on their websites... so that we applicants don't have to speculate and be so worried...
Jong Il Kim
rejection from Oxford EM. How's it going with your Cambridge application?

commerisation:frown:
I will know my result on the 2nd JAN by post
fastest I can get the news on 5th JAN 1st day of school...
evaluat_ion
thanks a lot... i have been reading this post starting from page 90 but i didnt see any clear answer to this... so i am kinda curious and asked this here... well thanks for the answer anyways! i really hope universities can set some deadlines to their rejections and offers, and publish them official somewhere on their websites... so that we applicants don't have to speculate and be so worried...

you're welcome :smile: There's nothing we can do actually, but still let's keep our fingers crossed.
Reply 3227
Should I be worried that I haven't received an offer for Social Anthropology (L601) yet? I've been classed as Home Status even though I have lived abroad my whole life, and my current/actual grades exceed the asking grades, and so do my predicted grades.

I heard that they start making most offers after New Years...is this true? [I haven't read the past pages ... :smile: ]
Is today supposed to be a 'rejection'-day?
Capocrimini
Is today supposed to be a 'rejection'-day?

just a guess, but maybe not.
Reply 3230
Jong Il Kim
just a guess, but maybe not.

According to last year's pattern, nothing's suppose to happen today,
or am I wrong?
Reply 3231
KirstyK
I hope they give some more out! When did you send your application in?

Hey, I gave my application in on the 15th October, so its been about 2 months!!! Im getting abit frustrated now!!! Good luck with your application, when did you apply and what grades do you have?
izoar
According to last year's pattern, nothing's suppose to happen today,
or am I wrong?

What makes it different is that some people have not recieved that email about consideration in Jan, so i guess those people will hear thier decisions today/early next week? :s-smilie:
I sent my application in the end of September and yet naught
I know for a fact that the admissions office closes on the 25 of December and opens on the 5th of Jan. (my friend is applying for law and LSE sent her an email about her application asking her to respond before the office closes...)
Reply 3235
JohnKennedy
I know for a fact that the admissions office closes on the 25 of December and opens on the 5th of Jan. (my friend is applying for law and LSE sent her an email about her application asking her to respond before the office closes...)

Has your friend got an offer yet?
no she hasnt perhaps shell get one soon in the following weeks
Jong Il Kim

Exactly. In the long run what matters is what offers you get and not when you get them. And it is hard enough predicting who will get what offers let alone when they will get them.

But I would say that my guess is that the probability of getting an offer in the next few days is lower (not higher) if you applied earlier. i.e. with an early application they must have had a good look at it by now and if the application was so strong that they felt they had to make an offer straight away then there has been plenty of time for that offer to work it's self through the uni's internal beuracracy. Conversely with a later application more likely that the offer is imminent.

evaluat_ion

Well there is a publisched deadline:
31 March 2009 Universities and colleges should aim to have sent decisions on all applications received by 15 January.
http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/importantdates

And I don't know about Law but with econ last year a number of unis (including LSE and Warwick) were making offers in mid and late March. So I think that the end of March is an accurate end point.
I was checking my mail at 12 today and when I saw a UCAS one, my heart literally skipped a beat
only the confirmation of my oxford rejection though...bleh
Reply 3239
has anyone got anything yet? Or are they following last years pattern?

Latest

Trending

Trending