Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rekyht)
    We have some good receivers on our team that have been practicing Site-adjusting the last few weeks which has been priceless against the blitz.

All I need to do is identify a potential blitzer, snap, check the blitz and throw into the hole left behind him for a completion. Love it.
    All fun and games until James Harrison picks you off and runs it back 99 yards for 6.

Last week wasn't really an upset, this week would be. The Steelers were so banged up going in, that it was going to be very difficult to come out with a win, in a hostile stadium on the other side of the US.

This week on the other hand, the Broncos have to travel and they come against one of the leagues best sides. It would be a huge upset if it happened...which it won't.
    I'd call it an upset given Pitt's run D and Denver's questionable O. I don't think people realised before the game how badly hobbled Big Ben was either. Tebow still needed a career game and blown assignment to put the game away.

ReputationRep:
    Pittsburgh had injuries and there was the altitude factor (although that's hardly a new phenomenon in Denver) but it has been more in hindsight after the Broncos won, that those factors have been talked about as though Pittsburgh were never going to win. This time last week all I remember hearing was that against the Steelers defense Tebow was going to be found out, the Steelers would shut down the run and the Broncos would have nothing.

Mind you this week the Broncos are the team with injuries so if the Patriots win it will be because Tom Brady got lucky against a busted team lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Pittsburgh had injuries and there was the altitude factor (although that's hardly a new phenomenon in Denver) but it has been more in hindsight after the Broncos won, that those factors have been talked about as though Pittsburgh were never going to win.
    Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, what do you guys think of the Bronco's chances tomorrow night?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rural_boy)
    Honestly, what do you guys think of the Bronco's chances tomorrow night?
    They have a chance if their pass rush doesn't get stonewalled like it did last time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Troll Toll)
    They have a chance if their pass rush doesn't get stonewalled like it did last time.
    Even against a team like the patriots who have won their last eight games and against a QB like Brady?

Don't get me wrong I love the Broncos but I'm dreading tomorrows game!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rural_boy)
    Even against a team like the patriots who have won their last eight games
    Ask the Chiefs if it's possible to break a winning streak.

and against a QB like Brady?
    Yes, Brady is not that good when he's horizontal.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Just watched America's game 2003 Patriots. Really good episode. Belichick giving up the safety on purpose, Brady punting the ball down to the 1 yard line and Belichick's 'situational football'.

ReputationRep:
    Used to support the patriots, but as I've got more into the sport this year i don't think I can say I support just one team anymore ( strange huh? Youd think someone more interested in a sport would take sides). This season I've developed a fondness for the Houston texans and most definitely for the broncos. Cmon, I mean if the broncos win tonight who doesn't want them to win the bowl! Freaking underdog story of the decade! Just can't see it though

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for the game tonight... going to a huge party with all my relatives here in Massachusetts and may even go to Foxborough for tailgating. Temperature is expected to go as low as -10 or -15°C as well.

This is the way (American) football is meant to be played! :rock:

ReputationRep:
    Half an hour till kick off, The tension is seriously killing me!

ReputationRep:
    Half an hour till kick off, The tension is seriously killing me!
    As a neutral I just can't wait to see a great offense play a great defence.

ReputationRep:
    niners D showing Brees who's boss

edit: ****ing hell, 3 turnovers in 1st quarter :shock:

ReputationRep:
    Pierre Thomas looked like he got knocked out which probably caused the fumble. Would not be surprised if he did not return to field of play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miniman)
    Pierre Thomas looked like he got knocked out which probably caused the fumble. Would not be surprised if he did not return to field of play.
    The fumble in the niners red zone? Yeh that looked bad.

ReputationRep:
    Yh thats the one. Looked like helmet to helmet contact but was still a legal hit.

ReputationRep:
    where can i watch the broncos v patriots game?

ReputationRep:
    What a finish we've got here. 2 minutes on the clock and 1 time-out for Brees to drive the Saints all the way up field and win the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    where can i watch the broncos v patriots game?
    here

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.