The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3240
Original post by Gemini92
Since that's a different hall to Monty B, I have absolutely no idea.

LOL sorry I got a bit confused there!! Aha, x
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 3241
Original post by dmz
i didn't get in 2nd time, think its my GCSE's, i'll have fun in the meantime. Think i'll wait till my 2nd year to head down there

Hopefully this week! We should be one of the first :smile:

heyy!
if you dont mind me asking, what gcse's did you get? :biggrin:
Reply 3242
Original post by desertt
heyy!
if you dont mind me asking, what gcse's did you get? :biggrin:

a*,6a,4b - who knew it'd mean so much might have made a bit more effort :sigh: you plan on studying medicine?
Reply 3243
Original post by dmz
a*,6a,4b - who knew it'd mean so much might have made a bit more effort :sigh: you plan on studying medicine?

yeah i am!
but you did better than me if it makes you feel any better aha :biggrin:
Reply 3244
Original post by desertt
yeah i am!
but you did better than me if it makes you feel any better aha :biggrin:

it doesn't lol
Reply 3245
Montague Burton block G anyone?
Reply 3246
Still haven't got my accommodation email...
Me and my friend both applied for accommodation at the same time earlier this year and so far only she got her accommodation email.
Is it because I got offered a course change that it's taking so long? :[
Reply 3247

Original post by J o o
Still haven't got my accommodation email...
Me and my friend both applied for accommodation at the same time earlier this year and so far only she got her accommodation email.
Is it because I got offered a course change that it's taking so long? :[

Naw, don't worry about it: I haven't got my accomodation offer yet either, and I haven't even changed course or anything.

They have loads of people to sort out and email, so it is going to take a while to get round to everyone. I think it was said earlier in the thread that it could take until early September for everyones emails to go out.

The accomodation staff have a lot to deal with, but are doing everything as fast as they can, cut them some slack, eh? :P

If you are worried about the time it is taking affecting where you get placed, I don't think you need to worry about that either: as far as I know, when you are sent email does not affect your likelihood of getting your first choice (unless you have gone through clearing or what-have you). :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3248
Original post by oliviaL
Montague Burton block G anyone?

G1 42 :smile:
What are you studying? x
Reply 3249
Each individual halls have a Facebook page by the way :smile:

e.g. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Leeds-Montague-Burton-Halls-2011-2012/144093979012019

:smile:
Reply 3250
Is there a page that we have to print and show to the uni on the move day?
Reply 3251
Original post by fat pig!
Is there a page that we have to print and show to the uni on the move day?

If you go onto your accom offer, there is a link to a printable version of the contract which you will need to print off and show at the reception of your hall to collect your keys.
james baillie! block D :smile:
Reply 3253
If you go onto your accom offer, there is a link to a printable version of the contract which you will need to print off and show at the reception of your hall to collect your keys.

Thank you!!! Are there any other forms that I should take/need to fill in?
Reply 3254
Original post by fat pig!
Thank you!!! Are there any other forms that I should take/need to fill in?

You need to show your registration certificate when you enrol, but apart from that no. If you plan on using the on-site laundry facilities, then I suggest you ask at the reception for a card when you collect your keys. If you want to register with the student medical practice, then there's a form in the welcome box that will be in your room when you arrive, which you can hand in when you enrol.
Reply 3255
You need to show your registration certificate when you enrol, but apart from that no. If you plan on using the on-site laundry facilities, then I suggest you ask at the reception for a card when you collect your keys. If you want to register with the student medical practice, then there's a form in the welcome box that will be in your room when you arrive, which you can hand in when you enrol.

sorry, what's the card for? Are the machines not coin operated?
Reply 3256
Original post by dmz
sorry, what's the card for? Are the machines not coin operated?

No, the machines are not coin-operated. You have to top-up the card and use that to use the machines.
Reply 3257
No, the machines are not coin-operated. You have to top-up the card and use that to use the machines.

ha i see, are the machines the usual size you'd have at home. Mum bought me cloth pegs :lol; i'm sure there are dryers?

Registration certificate?? Where do we get that?
Reply 3259
Original post by ohhelloruth
james baillie! block D :smile:

I am in Block D too, what flat are you in? :smile:

Latest