Training Contracts 2015 - Let the Games Begin Watch

Kriskad
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by the punter)
Offer from Covington.... over the moon
Well done !! It's so good when that search is over !

Posted from TSR Mobile
GR3YFOXXX
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Evan_B)
Just got another offer..... This is unbelievable! When I applied for TCs back in Uni (two years ago!) all I got was rejection. Now out of three interviews, i've got two offers.... from two very good firms. It really does show that hard work and persistence pays off. There is so much pressure to get a TC in Uni and to go through the system like your peers, but it doesn't always work the same way for everyone. Some people take time to come out of their shells and gain enough confidence to be able to shine at interviews! For me, that confidence came with two years of good work experience (finance/banking). If you are committed to a career in law, don't stress about the timing of things. Do what you need to do, work where you need to work, make impressions where you have the opportunity to make impressions and you will succeed.

Wishing you all the best.
I actually think I know who you are in real life, lol. This post is very familiar to something that popped up on my FB feed today. I think you were in my class!
Last edited by GR3YFOXXX; 5 years ago
curlywurly86
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey guys,

I have been offered a TC with CC but have just been offered an interview with Dentons. I'm pretty sure I'm set on CC and it is quite a trek for me to get to London. Should I just decline Dentons or does anyone have any experience of the firm they would like to share?

Also, I'm New York qualified and Skadden Arps in New York have taken an interest in my resume?!?

What on earth should I do?
TheOneTrueEvian
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by curlywurly86)
Hey guys,

I have been offered a TC with CC but have just been offered an interview with Dentons. I'm pretty sure I'm set on CC and it is quite a trek for me to get to London. Should I just decline Dentons or does anyone have any experience of the firm they would like to share?

Also, I'm New York qualified and Skadden Arps in New York have taken an interest in my resume?!?

DECLINE DENTONS.

My opinion from my experience of the London office - ridiculously disorganised, no one knows what they're doing (because of the merger), high-volume, lower quality work (whereas CC is very much high-quality), stuffy, bureaucratic, people weren't friendly.

Know nothing about Skadden except they are incredibly respected, just wanted to comment Dentons vs CC is an absolute no-brainer, and I wish I were in your position!
curlywurly86
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheOneTrueEvian)
DECLINE DENTONS.

My opinion from my experience of the London office - ridiculously disorganised, no one knows what they're doing (because of the merger), high-volume, lower quality work (whereas CC is very much high-quality), stuffy, bureaucratic, people weren't friendly.

Know nothing about Skadden except they are incredibly respected, just wanted to comment Dentons vs CC is an absolute no-brainer, and I wish I were in your position!
Thank you for your input. I know very little about Dentons, whereas I have a friend working at CC. I just know how difficult it is to secure TCs and didn't want to blow off any opportunity without giving it a little thought.

The path to securing a TC is unfortunately long, winding and demoralising but perservere. You'll get there.

Thanks for your advice. I really do appreciate it and good luck with your TC quest
MrGatsby
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Has anyone received an offer from Dechert which they have declined? I think I am on a reserve list. The waiting is killing me!
Evan_B
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GR3YFOXXX)
I actually think I know who you are in real life, lol. This post is very familiar to something that popped up on my FB feed today. I think you were in my class!
Interesting.. but highly unlikely! Feel free to PM me.
legalsnippets
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Anyone who applied in July heard back from Mishcon de Reya at all? -sorry to sound desperate, but I am!
Evan_B
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by legalsnippets)
Anyone who applied in July heard back from Mishcon de Reya at all? -sorry to sound desperate, but I am!

Yes- received this email on 2nd September:

"Thank you for your application for a training contract at Mischon de Reya.

We are sorry for the delay in getting back to you; we have had an unprecedented number of applications this year and are in the process of screening all of these. We will be in touch to let you know the outcome of your application as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely........."
Tortious
Badges: 16
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Evan_B)
Yes- received this email on 2nd September:

"Thank you for your application for a training contract at Mischon de Reya.

We are sorry for the delay in getting back to you; we have had an unprecedented number of applications this year and are in the process of screening all of these. We will be in touch to let you know the outcome of your application as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely........."
I'm pretty sure they get 1,500 every year - whilst I appreciate that this is a lot, I'm not sure I'd call it "unprecedented"...
Anonymouslawyer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by curlywurly86)
Hey guys,

I was in exactly the same situation as you! I liked Dentons, but declined the second interview because I knew given the choice I would choose CC anyway. It's fairer to other candidates if you probably wouldn't choose them

Posted from TSR Mobile
legaltea
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Glowfairy199)
I know two people who were on the vacation scheme who had their final interview about a month ago.

However the rest of the people on my scheme (9 of us) haven't heard back either way about the final interview.

I emailed them today to find out when they'd let me know either way, so I'll post back on here if I hear back!
Okay, thanks! My friend was interviewed one week ago and they said between one-two weeks to him so I guess we could be waiting another week.
desperateforaTC
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know I sound like a broken record but anyone had a PFO from White & Case yet?
username1263734
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Clyde & co anybody?

Posted from TSR Mobile
R.E.M
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For those asking about Laytons. I did a placement there earlier this summer, purely informal. Although their online form does seem a little dated I understand this is still their method of recruitment.
Last edited by R.E.M; 5 years ago
TiCked off
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello all - have most people who've applied to Baker's heard back. I made a direct TC application, went to an AC last Mon, then got a call Fri afternoon to say my application was still under consideration, but I've heard nothing since.

Is that a good or bad sign? Many thanks for any responses.
Sian.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Fashgal)
Clyde & co anybody?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No still waiting
Hu_em_ai
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Fashgal)
Clyde & co anybody?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my rejection on the 9th of Sept. Applied at the end of July.

Hope their message will be different for you guys.

All best!
EvelyRose
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by R.E.M)
For those asking about Laytons. I did a placement there earlier this summer, purely informal. Although their online form does seem a little dated I understand this is still their method of recruitment.
Thanks Did you enjoy your placement there? I am waiting to hear back from them, and was just wondering if anyone else had heard anything.
becky139
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
has anyone not heard back from kennedys' london office post telephone interview?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (1068)
90.13%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (117)
9.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed