This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FuzzySheep
Thank you to everyone who replied to me, I'm really so grateful :hugs:

How are things going today?
A girl in her school told her to kill herself. I don't understand. What is going on. Why couldn't we protect her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is nothing you could have done. Bullying is such a major problem that even though there are campaigns and everything now, I still think it is not taken seriously enough.
my twelve year old sister is cutting, she;s not been eating her lunch at school and not much at home and she's put it up all online on twitter of all places, i told my paretns adn they're being really calm and going to her school/drs appt tomorrow and she is really fighting i am so scared

Hey hey hey, this is NOT your fault at all, so please don't think that. Get in touch if you need to offload to someone. I'm on sick leave (again :emo: ), so am around to talk :yes:
A girl in her school told her to kill herself. I don't understand. What is going on. Why couldn't we protect her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, i've just been reading about what's going on with your sister. It's really aweful that people would say that! There are some things you just can't protect people from nomatter how hard you try. You weren't able to prevent that but you are doing all the right things now. I read about you emailing the social network and everything and it sounds like you've really got all the bases covered. She has people who really care about her and she's getting help from the docs soon. That's really good. She's really lucky to have such a nice family and that will help her a lot. :hugs:

I hope you're taking care of yourself too? It's really difficult to deal with this sort of thing esoecially when you care so much about them. It may be a good idea for you to talk to Samaritans or something and keep an eye on how you're doing yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
Went to a bar last night and the whole time I was there the people behind me kept talking about how ugly and fat I am and how did someone like me manage to find people to go to a bar with. It was really upsetting. The worst part is I don't know if it's real or not. I'm too afraid to ask my wife in case it's not real but right now I'm feeling really upset that someone might have been so horrible to me. :frown: Been going to the gym every day and eating healthily but still haven't lost anything, ****ing quetiapine.

:hugs: Whether it was real or not, what you heard was 100% wrong. You are neither fat nor ugly (I'd be happy to take you to a bar myself :wink:), and you have a wife who I know agrees with me.

I think one of the things you need to work on is self-esteem - it's not good to base your opinion of yourself too much on what others might think of you, you should be happy to be you because you're awesome!

my twelve year old sister is cutting, she;s not been eating her lunch at school and not much at home and she's put it up all online on twitter of all places, i told my paretns adn they're being really calm and going to her school/drs appt tomorrow and she is really fighting i am so scared

:jumphug: So sorry to hear this, but I'm glad she's got someone like you for a sister :smile: - I think you'll be great at supporting her, even if it is hard on you.
I'm meeting somebody on Monday at the YMCA to discuss volunteering at one of their summer school's next month :woo: Now to just give the impression of an awesome, sane human being :nah:
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I'm meeting somebody on Monday at the YMCA to discuss volunteering at one of their summer school's next month :woo: Now to just give the impression of an awesome, sane human being :nah:

That sound like a lot of fun :smile: good luck (don't think you'll need it though) I'm sure they'll love you and you'll love camp. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kindred
That sound like a lot of fun :smile: good luck (don't think you'll need it though) I'm sure they'll love you and you'll love camp. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying to do a PGCE (and teach first too) so the experience of working with disadvantaged students would be brilliant. Plus it's climbing, horse riding, archery, orienteering and other awesome outdoors stuff that I really enjoy doing :biggrin: Just hoping that they want me. They sounded enthusiastic in the email so fingers crossed!
Eating stuff:

Spoiler

Anyway off to my next therapy session soon. It's gunna be interesting cos I'm feeling so different now than I was last session so I don't really know what we'll talk about. Well I guess I'll find out.
My friends are coming over afterward which is nice.

Spoiler

Get to go through the DVDs I just organised too so I should feel nice and proud of myself :P

Hope everyone's doing okay today. :hugs: if not you know where to go (HERE where all the lovely supportive people are to give you hugs and smiles). :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I'm applying to do a PGCE (and teach first too) so the experience of working with disadvantaged students would be brilliant. Plus it's climbing, horse riding, archery, orienteering and other awesome outdoors stuff that I really enjoy doing :biggrin: Just hoping that they want me. They sounded enthusiastic in the email so fingers crossed!

I've been volunteering a bit with YMCA too (for a similar reason as well) an I found everybody really nice. They're always happy to receive help so I'm sure you're interpretation of their email was accurate. Have loads an loads of fun with all the activities! It will be brilliant experience too you're right. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got invited to a council meeting to help improve services for young people in London. Which is great, only thing is my old psychologist will be there and I don't want her to see me back in a psychotic state again :emo: But still, it's a great opportunity for improvement that is much needed, will have to man up.
Reply 3251
Original post by Noodlzzz
Got invited to a council meeting to help improve services for young people in London. Which is great, only thing is my old psychologist will be there and I don't want her to see me back in a psychotic state again :emo: But still, it's a great opportunity for improvement that is much needed, will have to man up.

As you say, it's a great opportunity for you to be able to give your experiences as a service-user and potentially help improve the services for many other people.

Remember that being psychotic is in no way a failing on your part - it's just a part of your illness and it happens. As a professional, your old psychologist will understand that, and they will also understand that it isn't their fault that you have these symptoms, so whilst they understandably won't feel happy that you're ill, it's nothing that you have to protect them from. :hugs:
Original post by Kindred
Eating stuff:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Nut.
As you say, it's a great opportunity for you to be able to give your experiences as a service-user and potentially help improve the services for many other people.

Remember that being psychotic is in no way a failing on your part - it's just a part of your illness and it happens. As a professional, your old psychologist will understand that, and they will also understand that it isn't their fault that you have these symptoms, so whilst they understandably won't feel happy that you're ill, it's nothing that you have to protect them from. :hugs:

Thank you :hugs:
Original post by Noodlzzz

I'm sure if she sees you up there at the meeting discussing ways to improve services that she would be proud of you for being there in the first place and doing some good!
Original post by Anonymous
I'm sure if she sees you up there at the meeting discussing ways to improve services that she would be proud of you for being there in the first place and doing some good!

Thank you.
Original post by danny111
How are things going today?

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hey hey hey, this is NOT your fault at all, so please don't think that. Get in touch if you need to offload to someone. I'm on sick leave (again :emo: ), so am around to talk :yes:

Original post by Kindred
Hey, i've just been reading about what's going on with your sister. It's really aweful that people would say that! There are some things you just can't protect people from nomatter how hard you try. You weren't able to prevent that but you are doing all the right things now. I read about you emailing the social network and everything and it sounds like you've really got all the bases covered. She has people who really care about her and she's getting help from the docs soon. That's really good. She's really lucky to have such a nice family and that will help her a lot. :hugs:

I hope you're taking care of yourself too? It's really difficult to deal with this sort of thing esoecially when you care so much about them. It may be a good idea for you to talk to Samaritans or something and keep an eye on how you're doing yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by superwolf
:jumphug: So sorry to hear this, but I'm glad she's got someone like you for a sister :smile: - I think you'll be great at supporting her, even if it is hard on you.

I'm so sorry to hear this... :jumphug: You couldn't do anything to stop her, so please please don't blame yourself at all. Kids that age can be incredibly nasty, and I recommend you report it to the school first thing so they can get to the root of it and deal with the bullies. I'm so sorry you're all going through this, I really hope this is sorted out swiftly, it must be so horrible for you all. :frown:

Thank you everyone, for being so supportive. I really do appreciate it. My mum and sister were talking and laughing today and so my mum thinks it's all over. All I carry on doing is looking at the things she wrote and the pictures she took and I just don't know how to deal with the guilt that I should have realised. I'm too scared to talk to her or see her as bad as that sounds because she's not a 12 year old anymore is she. I don't know what to do. I've tried to make a list of helplines and support info on websites to give to her and I gave her teacher a ring to tell her more about the Twitter things as my parents didn't look in detail. She has a counselling appt tomorrow morning, my parents are meeting her Head of Year tomorrow afternoon and she has a doctor's appt too. My mum's been reluctant about the counselling appt as my sister will have control over what my mum is told (in case she says something really awful in which case she'll be notified) and so that might actually go balls up if my mum won't agree.

This is all a mess and I don't know what to do. I'm so sorry for venting on here, I just didn't know where else to go. Thank you so much for all your posts, I really appreciate it.
Thank you everyone, for being so supportive. I really do appreciate it. My mum and sister were talking and laughing today and so my mum thinks it's all over. All I carry on doing is looking at the things she wrote and the pictures she took and I just don't know how to deal with the guilt that I should have realised. I'm too scared to talk to her or see her as bad as that sounds because she's not a 12 year old anymore is she. I don't know what to do. I've tried to make a list of helplines and support info on websites to give to her and I gave her teacher a ring to tell her more about the Twitter things as my parents didn't look in detail. She has a counselling appt tomorrow morning, my parents are meeting her Head of Year tomorrow afternoon and she has a doctor's appt too. My mum's been reluctant about the counselling appt as my sister will have control over what my mum is told (in case she says something really awful in which case she'll be notified) and so that might actually go balls up if my mum won't agree.

This is all a mess and I don't know what to do. I'm so sorry for venting on here, I just didn't know where else to go. Thank you so much for all your posts, I really appreciate it.

It sounds like everything's on the right track for getting things sorted, and a massive well done for ringing her teacher to discuss it. You sound like a fantastic big sister. :smile: Even if your mum doesn't agree, if it's a school counsellor, I believe she can go without your mum's consent (although like you say, with some things she will be told).

You definitely don't need to apologise for venting on here! It's what MHSS is for... :tongue: Don't feel guilty about not having realised, honestly - I've seen you around the forums and I think you've been at uni and had your own stuff to deal with, and people are incredibly good at hiding things like self-harm and bullying, especially from those they're closest to. I know it's really hard not to feel guilty about it, but short of policing everything your sister does, I can't see what else you could have done. :console:

Don't be! I don't want to sound mean or callous, but to be honest it helps me to hear from others. In the sense that, okay I have problems, but I'm not alone, other people have problems too. Does that make sense?
Reply 3259
I don't know how this works, but I guess for me just saying (or writing rather) might help. I am rather socially awkward, I never know what to say and often feel left out. On top of that I suffer from hyper-hidrosis (excessive sweating beyond the natural need to cool the body) which means I dread leaving the house. So basically I don't have too many friends, and since I moved around a lot the few I do have aren't close. On top of that I used to have I had a girlfriend once and while I always cherished that memory and knowing others here on TSR saying they never did makes me realize I was lucky for that. But at the moment it just makes me feel even worse because I want that again, just lying in someone's arms loving and being loved, I miss that.

I am also at the stage of my life where I should look for jobs or at least internships. But I dread that too. I hadn't done it during the summer holidays like everyone else seems to have and I feel like if I apply somewhere people will just dismiss me right out thinking I'm lazy and don't show initiative. I know the rational thing would be to just apply to everywhere and sooner or later get lucky, but it's as if I am paralyzed, I can't put myself out there.

So overall I am rather depressed at the moment. I don't know what to do in life. I wake up shaking, teeth clattering and feeling like staying in bed all day. I go lie on the couch and my mum usually talks to me and after some time I can at least get up to do stuff.

Hi. I also suffer from Hyperhydrosis so know how you feel. I recently got referred to a dermatologist by my GP and she offered a cream to me which I still have to get as it has to be made by the hospital. I would say try speaking to your GP about it for treatment as there are options out there. :smile:

Latest