Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    X
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post44500049
    I'm nearly there, it's just not quite working....

ReputationRep:
    The personal statement library makes me want to give up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandora.)
    Why? Use them for inspiration/ideas. The PS generally makes me want to give up now.. arghhh :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I posted mine there

You can do it :hugs:

Also as a note to you guys, don't expect to hear anything from universities until October at the earliest; I sent mine off very early on and only got acknowledgements and offers in mid to late October. Obviously it'll vary by university but October is the normal time to hear things

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here thinking of applying for psychology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you!

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me.
    For reasons I can't explain, could you remove my details, please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    Why? Use them for inspiration/ideas. The PS generally makes me want to give up now.. arghhh :mad:
    I have been, but so many of them (for english) seem so overly pretentious and I can't write something like that. And if I'm wrong, and they actually are THAT passionate about English, then I've picked the wrong course :eek:
    (Original post by lilGem)
    I posted mine there

You can do it :hugs:

Also as a note to you guys, don't expect to hear anything from universities until October at the earliest; I sent mine off very early on and only got acknowledgements and offers in mid to late October. Obviously it'll vary by university but October is the normal time to hear things
    Thanks, it's a struggle but I'll get there! :hugs:

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty impatient so I know I'll get frustrated haha!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, it's a struggle but I'll get there! :hugs:

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty impatient so I know I'll get frustrated haha!
    I have every faith that you'll write an amazing personal statement, universities will be silly to not want you! :hugs:

haha don't worry about being impatient, I ended up getting all mine in a week (including 2 in a night) :lol: which after about 7 weeks of waiting was very welcome, although I got steadily more impatient throughout the year :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have every faith that you'll write an amazing personal statement, universities will be silly to not want you! :hugs:

haha don't worry about being impatient, I ended up getting all mine in a week (including 2 in a night) :lol: which after about 7 weeks of waiting was very welcome, although I got steadily more impatient throughout the year :rolleyes:
    Thank you

Wow, that's not too bad actually! I seem to remember you having to wait ages for one offer? Unless I've got the wrong person :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Wow, that's not too bad actually! I seem to remember you having to wait ages for one offer? Unless I've got the wrong person :ninja:
    I mean it :yep:

Yeah I eventually withdrew from them as I got too impatient :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I mean it :yep:

Yeah I eventually withdrew from them as I got too impatient :lol:
    I'm not surprised! Which university was it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not surprised! Which university was it?
    Queens Belfast

ReputationRep:
    Sucks the Pstatement helpers are overloaded with 190+ statements Mines been left alone for a second opinion for 5 weeks now!

Hey ho, its nearly done ish i guess! Hows everybody elses going?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Gilgamesh)
    For reasons I can't explain, could you remove my details, please?
    Sure, done

ReputationRep:
    Queens Belfast
    If I decide to do Biology, it'll be WJEC! How are they?:teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    If I decide to do Biology, it'll be WJEC! How are they?:teeth:
    I really loved it, the spec gradually increased in difficulty and content as you progressed with A2 being synoptic. BY1 covers basic cell transport, structure and biochemistry. BY2 involves more physiology and transport systems BY3 and 6 both are an experiment done in class and follow a set mark scheme and a microscopy drawing which at A2 involves some basic calculations.

A2- I loved, BY4 you learn about homeostasis, the nervous system, the kidney, photosynthesis and carbon/ nitrogen cycles. BY5 involves ecology and mainly genetics, genetic engineering, plant and human reproduction as well as learning about how some diseases arise

the exams are 1 hour 15 mins in AS and 90 mins in A2 and involve some short answer questions with a choice of 2 10 markers at the end of the paper

ReputationRep:
    I really loved it, the spec gradually increased in difficulty and content as you progressed with A2 being synoptic. BY1 covers basic cell transport, structure and biochemistry. BY2 involves more physiology and transport systems BY3 and 6 both are an experiment done in class and follow a set mark scheme and a microscopy drawing which at A2 involves some basic calculations.

A2- I loved, BY4 you learn about homeostasis, the nervous system, the kidney, photosynthesis and carbon/ nitrogen cycles. BY5 involves ecology and mainly genetics, genetic engineering, plant and human reproduction as well as learning about how some diseases arise

the exams are 1 hour 15 mins in AS and 90 mins in A2 and involve some short answer questions with a choice of 2 10 markers at the end of the paper

I've looked at content and it's pretty good!

But now the issue is...

If I can't change Geography to Biology I'd have to self teach the AS until next year. That's fine by me, but then the practical?!

ReputationRep:
    I've looked at content and it's pretty good!

But now the issue is...

If I can't change Geography to Biology I'd have to self teach the AS until next year. That's fine by me, but then the practical?!
    Speak to your teachers about doing the practical or joining in with a current class for it?

ReputationRep:
    Speak to your teachers about doing the practical or joining in with a current class for it?
    But then I'd be in Geography class while it's going on I'll have to enquire.
    _

On another note:

:awesome:

Name:  1379265462588.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  52.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    But then I'd be in Geography class while it's going on I'll have to enquire.
    _

On another note:

:awesome:

Name:  1379265462588.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  52.8 KB
    frees? during lunch?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.