Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TC39)
    RPC interview! Anyone got any tips?
    Competency based interview, tour around the office with a trainee and a presentation. Really great firm! Will hear back in March, fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had any offers/rejections from White & Case?

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting after the Watson-Glasser test for twobirds. Anyone heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    PFO from Sidley Austin. Left with 4 firms post application.

ReputationRep:
    PFO Sidley, looks they are making movements.

ReputationRep:
    Walker Morris assessment centre

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawyer20)
    Still waiting after the Watson-Glasser test for twobirds. Anyone heard anything?
    Not a word. Nada. Zip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sports007)
    Do you mind my asking how the AC was? Was the partner interview okay?!
    I actually applied to the Sheffield office. I had my AC last week and got told I was successful today just have a partner interview now on Monday. Think the Sheffield process is slightly different as the partner interview is on a separate day. Good luck. All I can say is that the firm is really really friendly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xLittleMissyx)
    How long to hear back from cms after interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey!

I had one on Thursday and was told 2-3 working days. Got an email on Friday saying I'd hear this week. So far no response and it's killing me!

ReputationRep:
    Question, I was just wondering, firms like it when you tailor an answer to their firm, how would you tailor a generic 'why law?' question to a firm when the proceeding question is why them specifically?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canoepop)
    Hey!

I had one on Thursday and was told 2-3 working days. Got an email on Friday saying I'd hear this week. So far no response and it's killing me!
    Hey thanks for the reply! I only had mine today and it is already killing me :P how did you think it all went?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To those waiting on Boodle hatfield… i just logged onto my cvmail thing by chance and saw an invite to a Skype interview which was sent on the 13th that i never got any email or anything about! so worth logging into that if you applied!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScroogeHumbug)
    Question, I was just wondering, firms like it when you tailor an answer to their firm, how would you tailor a generic 'why law?' question to a firm when the proceeding question is why them specifically?
    I don't think for that sort of question it is important to tailor the question as such, but simply get across your passion for the profession and particular things that attract you to the firm. However there may be certain circumstances where you could tailor it slightly. For instance, you could write that you have enjoyed applying your theoretical knowledge of the law in a practical context through pro bono initiatives and that you are particularly pleased with 'X firm's' own passion to promote corporate social responsibility... Something like that maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also got a PFO from Sidley :P

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks for the reply! I only had mine today and it is already killing me :P how did you think it all went?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh good luck! I have no idea how mine went - I think the interview was okay - but the analysis part at the start was tricky!

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think for that sort of question it is important to tailor the question as such, but simply get across your passion for the profession and particular things that attract you to the firm. However there may be certain circumstances where you could tailor it slightly. For instance, you could write that you have enjoyed applying your theoretical knowledge of the law in a practical context through pro bono initiatives and that you are particularly pleased with 'X firm's' own passion to promote corporate social responsibility... Something like that maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Also got a PFO from Sidley!

I bet they just got tired and decided to PFO everyone

ReputationRep:
    I am starting to get progressively less upset by PFOs. Don't know if this is sad or what.

ReputationRep:
    I had a similar experience! Didn't finish the analysis and hadn't looked at any figures for years so my maths was a bit sloppy :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canoepop)
    Oh good luck! I have no idea how mine went - I think the interview was okay - but the analysis part at the start was tricky!

How about you?
    I had a similar experience! Didn't finish the analysis and my maths was a bit sloppy considering I hadn't looked at maths since GCSE haha! Probably took the wrong approach but wouldn't have called it a disaster :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.