Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I guess this week is the end of the 4 week for all Oxbridge applicants who applied on like the 15th October, so they probs have more people to sort through
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    4 weeks ends tomorrow :/
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Getting worried that a sh!t tonne of people are going to get rejections tomorrow and like 2 people are going to get offers hahaha NERVOUS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBowcat)
    Very biased response. As an apparent Oxford Student, I would've thought that you would have the ability to approach situations more objectively.

But hey, your uni is the best in the world, my uni is the best in the world, Brenda's university is the best in the world and even Sunny Jim attends the best university in the world.
    'As an apparent Oxford student'. This doesn't make sense. I am an Oxford student.

Regarding your snarky comment about objectivity, I aimed to provide my opinion of Oxford University and never claimed objectivity. Naturally my opinion is going to be biased, anyone with half a brain cell is going to understand that. In fact, if I have learned anything from my Oxford education, it's that bias is the point of interest, not objectivity - something for you to perhaps go home and ponder. The whole point was to reflect what being a student here in Oxford is like, from the perspective of an Oxford student. My comments were designed to prompt the OP to think about the reasons behind their decision. Such arbitrary reasons as 'Oxford's reputation is diminishing' are frankly rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    *sets up popcorn stand*

ReputationRep:
    Some news guys.

A friend of mine got an offer to study government at 4 today.

So it could be that us that are expecting a response by the end of this week, might well be rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdCohen)
    Some news guys.

A friend of mine got an offer to study government at 4 today.

So it could be that us that are expecting a response by the end of this week, might well be rejected.
    Hardly anyone on Twitter has tweeted about an LSE offer today, there's still hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Hardly anyone on Twitter has tweeted about an LSE offer today, there's still hope

Hope you're right

ReputationRep:
    I think mass rejections are coming out tommorow. I know a lot of people that already have offers from lse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magnolia123)
    I think mass rejections are coming out tommorow. I know a lot of people that already have offers from lse
    Great way to end a Friday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So if you get past tomorrow without being rejected and you're near the end of you're 4 weeker, that's good-ish news

ReputationRep:
    Man if I get a rejection tomorrow some of you rude boys better watch out #ARIGATO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeccaBrowning)
    London has increible job oppertunites, for example, I work for virgin active and am getting transferred up there. I am also working for the Bank of America this summer and have been told I may be able to work there over the summer in London in the future. It's the access you get that is a benefit for LSE.
    Well done anyway what an amazing situation to be in
    I disagree. Summer employment occurs once term ends and everyone's gone home. Applications for banks are all done online, so there's nothing disadvantaging someone at Oxford working in London during the summer.

The only benefit would be if you actually lived in London outside term as it won't be a trek.

ReputationRep:
    Think lse love to mess with us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colourtheory)
    'As an apparent Oxford student'. This doesn't make sense. I am an Oxford student.

Regarding your snarky comment about objectivity, I aimed to provide my opinion of Oxford University and never claimed objectivity. Naturally my opinion is going to be biased, anyone with half a brain cell is going to understand that. In fact, if I have learned anything from my Oxford education, it's that bias is the point of interest, not objectivity - something for you to perhaps go home and ponder. The whole point was to reflect what being a student here in Oxford is like, from the perspective of an Oxford student. My comments were designed to prompt the OP to think about the reasons behind their decision. Such arbitrary reasons as 'Oxford's reputation is diminishing' are frankly rubbish.
    I didn't say that there was anything wrong with expressing your opinion of your university. However, when offering advice, comparing the pros of Oxford to the cons of LSE is quite immature and of no help at all. So no, you didn't only "reflect what being a student here in Oxford is like," your ego was clearly hurt by the fact that someone thought another university was better than yours.
    Aside from this, you even managed to lie to the poor chap to try and convince him of Oxford's superiority. LSE are in fact renowned for their special lectures and influential guest speakers, so perhaps you should “go home” and do some research yourself.
    If you have "learned anything from [your] Oxford education", it certainly isn't spelling. Have fun there while you "play" with your £2700, and let the firms "peak [your] interests." Picking out poor grammar and spelling seems petty right? So is lying, misinforming, and an attempted condescending response. Perhaps, I am wrong and this is actually some form of colloquial language that only the self-proclaimed superior citizens of Oxford University use.

ReputationRep:
    LSE is 5 weeks past the 8 week email deadline. Don't know what to think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say that there was anything wrong with expressing your opinion of your university. However, when offering advice, comparing the pros of Oxford to the cons of LSE is quite immature and of no help at all. So no, you didn't only "reflect what being a student here in Oxford is like," your ego was clearly hurt by the fact that someone thought another university was better than yours.
    Aside from this, you even managed to lie to the poor chap to try and convince him of Oxford's superiority. LSE are in fact renowned for their special lectures and influential guest speakers, so perhaps you should “go home” and do some research yourself.
    If you have "learned anything from [your] Oxford education", it certainly isn't spelling. Have fun there while you "play" with your £2700, and let the firms "peak [your] interests." Picking out poor grammar and spelling seems petty right? So is lying, misinforming, and an attempted condescending response. Perhaps, I am wrong and this is actually some form of colloquial language that only the self-proclaimed superior citizens of Oxford University use.
    Do you know what your name means mate

ReputationRep:
    Nothing better than Oxbridge bashing 👏👏👏

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alessandro96)
    LSE is 5 weeks past the 8 week email deadline. Don't know what to think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah me too :| economics, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mindispoison)
    Yeah me too :| economics, right?
    Omg me too! What happened?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.