Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewis7253)
    Rejected from L100 at Warwick today.

GCSE - 5A* 4A and 1B

AS- AAAAB
    A2 Predictions- A*AA (Politics, Maths, Physics)

Resitting C3 and C4 to get an A in A2 Maths (did it a year early).

I'm pretty annoyed at waiting this long to have a rejection.
    I got rejected a few days ago by warwick as well and I've got similar stats to you. Same predictions for a2. I was really annoyed as well waiting this long.

ReputationRep:
    Went to UCL offer day and loved it! Met some really nice people who seemed right up my street - also the community itself seemed so warm and welcoming and lively! Not making me LSE vs UCL decision any easier! Then again, I am yet to visit LSE still😋

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomixox)
    Went to UCL offer day and loved it! Met some really nice people who seemed right up my street - also the community itself seemed so warm and welcoming and lively! Not making me LSE vs UCL decision any easier! Then again, I am yet to visit LSE still😋
    I was there too 😄, you have an offer from LSE too?
    I like how they just constantly compared UCL to LSE haha..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abccba120)
    I was there too 😄, you have an offer from LSE too?
    I like how they just constantly compared UCL to LSE haha..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha yeah that made me laugh! Which one will you firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAthwal1)
    Rejection from Warwick
    Sorry to hear it bro. May I ask what your stats were?

ReputationRep:
    If I was in your position I would take UCL. Yes, LSE and Oxbridge may be better for economics but UCL is not that far behind at ALL. If you look at employment opportunities, UCL is up there and sometimes even higher than Oxbridge especially for IB/finance if that's what you want to go into( LinkedIn do a really good ranking system for this) UCL is such a good university and has the best of both worlds in terms of student life and academia. Also there is no guarantee you will get into Oxbridge or LSE even if you do do the FM. I have an offer from LSE for L101 with no FM as or a2 and there have been lots of candidates rejected from LSE L101 with A/A*'s in FM therefore it shows although FM May strengthen your application, it is not way the golden ticket if you get what I'm saying? Obviously it's completely your decision and I wish you the best of luck in deciding
    Yeah IB or management consultancy is the goal man, and with UCL being 2nd in the LinkedIn IB table and joint 5th with Oxford in the overall QS World Rankings, it must be amazing for those career paths. Factor in the London student life and networking opportunities, and it does seem like the perfect uni. But I'd still swap that for the prestige that comes with going to Oxbridge lmao cos its a once in a lifetime chance ygm? I'm being swayed towards UCL though tbh. But cheers man, I wish you the best too (you have an LSE offer tho so you're already sorted )

(Original post by jchap9776)
    Reckon Oxford is easier to get into than cambridge
    Really? Why's that g

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    Yeah IB or management consultancy is the goal man, and with UCL being 2nd in the LinkedIn IB table and joint 5th with Oxford in the overall QS World Rankings, it must be amazing for those career paths. Factor in the London student life and networking opportunities, and it does seem like the perfect uni. But I'd still swap that for the prestige that comes with going to Oxbridge lmao cos its a once in a lifetime chance ygm? I'm being swayed towards UCL though tbh. But cheers man, I wish you the best too (you have an LSE offer tho so you're already sorted )

Really? Why's that g
    oxford e&m seems less mathsy than camb/lse econ so not having further math shouldnt be a problem. In regards to econ there is a possibility that it may not affect you if you explain why you didnt take it and if you pose a good case for wanting to take econ + management. but imo i agree with tomixox that you should probs take UCL, its still v good for ib/mc. I know I'm gonna settle for UCL if i don't get lse

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah that made me laugh! Which one will you firm?
    I'm actually still waiting on LSE, I guess I didn't make that clear on my last post. I'm still debating whether London is right for me or not.. So are you deciding between LSE and UCL to firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Anyone likely to insure Bristol? My offer is AAB and firm offer is A*AAa so Bristol would be a safe option...
    Why not wait on Warwick and insure them?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate!
    I got AAAB at AS then predicted A*A*A this year.
    Hope you have better luck! I really want UCL to give me an offer!!!🙏
    Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Warwick rejection

ReputationRep:
    So who's a Keynesian and who's a Monetarist on this thread?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email saying I got an offer from LSE! :eek: It hasn't come up on track yet but WTF. I'm stunned. My stats aren't that great and I don't do further maths at all..

Edit : Track just updated with the offer

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email saying I got an offer from LSE! :eek: It hasn't come up on track yet but WTF. I'm stunned. My stats aren't that great and I don't do further maths at all..
    Congrats that's awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aso816)
    Congrats that's awesome!
    Thanks! I really don't know how or why, I would say I was 98% sure I would be rejected..

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I really don't know how or why, I would say I was 98% sure I would be rejected..
    Ahaha well doen! Was only the other day you told me you hadn't actually heard from LSE and now you have! Great news Are you gonna firm LSE? After visiting UCL offer day I think im 90% going to firm UCL

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha well doen! Was only the other day you told me you hadn't actually heard from LSE and now you have! Great news Are you gonna firm LSE? After visiting UCL offer day I think im 90% going to firm UCL
    Aha I know thanks & I have no idea yet, so you are firming UCL over LSE? Are there any LSE offer holder days?

ReputationRep:
    Aha I know thanks & I have no idea yet, so you are firming UCL over LSE? Are there any LSE offer holder days?
    At this point in time, yes. But I am the most indecisive person on this planet so I don't know how credible that statement is haha. Yes but its on the 22nd April which I feel is a bit late if I want to get good sociable accommodation at LSE but because it is not on 1st come 1st serve basis, it may be okay. Im going to LSE open day at the end of this month aswell to see if I can come to a decision sooner

ReputationRep:
    At this point in time, yes. But I am the most indecisive person on this planet so I don't know how credible that statement is haha. Yes but its on the 22nd April which I feel is a bit late if I want to get good sociable accommodation at LSE but because it is not on 1st come 1st serve basis, it may be okay. Im going to LSE open day at the end of this month aswell to see if I can come to a decision sooner
    Ah haha same here & yeah that is very late, going to have to make a decision before then probably.. Thanks for the reminder on the open day, didn't know there was one at the end of march

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pat.bateman)
    Warwick rejection
    Sorry to hear it.. May I ask why your stats were if you don't mind?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.