The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ImagineCats
What are you choosing? I can't decide between geography or English langlit for my last option...

I chose Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths and put EPQ on too if I can do that maybe :smile:

They're my favourite subjects though!
Pick what you enjoy the most... What are your other options?
Original post by Gilo98
So just done a little exam timetable for myself in excel and turns out I have 28 exams spread over 20 days of school :frown: Anyone else know how many exams they have in May/June?

I have 22 I think, from May 12th to June 12th.
Original post by Martie08
I have 22 I think, from May 12th to June 12th.

How are you feeling about exams coming closer?I don't know if 28 is loads...Should I be scared :mmm: ? At least we have may half term in the middle of it!!
Original post by Gilo98
How are you feeling about exams coming closer?I don't know if 28 is loads...Should I be scared :mmm: ? At least we have may half term in the middle of it!!

28 is a lot compared to the average at my school!:eek:
I only have 19, a few people I know have more, but I don't have a written exam for drama. What are you taking next year?
Original post by pursuedbyabear
28 is a lot compared to the average at my school!:eek:
I only have 19, a few people I know have more, but I don't have a written exam for drama. What are you taking next year?

:frown: wish I were you :mmm:

You can take a look at my subjects in my bio - wouldn't want to spam the thread with my stuff :tongue:
Original post by Gilo98

I'm not worried too much yet, I'm going to start early-ish to stop me stressing and cramming at the last minute so much. I'm doing like typed notes, then condensing them on written A4 notes, then flashcards, and doing that from like Late Feb/March-May I think.
Original post by Martie08
I'm not worried too much yet, I'm going to start early-ish to stop me stressing and cramming at the last minute so much. I'm doing like typed notes, then condensing them on written A4 notes, then flashcards, and doing that from like Late Feb/March-May I think.

Sounds like a good plan! Im thinking of just doing a little bit every night (like reading notes/videos/past paper Q's/etc) starting around February. Just hoping we manage to learn all the content for science before the exams!
If anyone has applied for Dartford Grammar pm me

Posted from TSR Mobile
I probably sound stupid af asking this but what is form and structure in poetry? and how you would you comment on it? Absolutely clueless on what it means... :confused: thanks
Original post by Gilo98
So just done a little exam timetable for myself in excel and turns out I have 28 exams spread over 20 days of school :frown: Anyone else know how many exams they have in May/June?

That's harsh. Good luck. What subjects are you doing?

Mine's roughly.... Uh...... 4+2+3+2+2+3+1=17(?) methinks. I was suppose to do 6 more exams but I already did them last year 😄

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Original post by Trihawk7
I probably sound stupid af asking this but what is form and structure in poetry? and how you would you comment on it? Absolutely clueless on what it means... :confused: thanks

That's a normal question, it's not stupid ask them.

I'm not sure myself but I always thought it was how the stanzas and sentences were arranged like how some poems have some run-on sentences. I thinks you can comment on the mood it creates like how the aforementioned example can denote a rushed or panicked or even energetic feeling or mood that highlights the subject or something.

P.S.

Original post by Firenze26
That's a normal question, it's not stupid ask them.

I'm not sure myself but I always thought it was how the stanzas and sentences were arranged like how some poems have some run-on sentences. I thinks you can comment on the mood it creates like how the aforementioned example can denote a rushed or panicked or even energetic feeling or mood that highlights the subject or something.

P.S.

Yeah I kind of thought of that but really never got further than that :tongue: at least I know I was in the right direction :smile: Google doesn't exactly give me very good results on my question either, think I'll try the CGP guide :smile:

Thanks, btw your grammar ain't bad, only thing I can complain about is "thinks" :wink:
Original post by aliciaa1997
Hey guys, I just finished year 11, so I'm getting my GCSE results next week (omfghelpme). I took triple science, History, Geography, Latin, English, Maths, French and Spanish (and IT the year before). So basically I'm suuuper bored, feeling helpful, and free to try to answer any questions you may have about year 11 and exams etc so yeah :tongue:

hey. im currently in year 11 and also studying latin! i did level 1 latin last year and got an A*. in your opinion, did you think level 2 was harder? i mean, did your grades from both levels differ hugely? i know the content is much more advanced.
Original post by pursuedbyabear
Are we the only ones who haven't done mocks yet, then? I think ours start february some time and we get the results in march. All last term and already this term we've had a few informal 'mock' mocks, though nothing more

same with my school. we did like informal ones in november on the stuff we've learned so far & now we're doing the proper mocks. february second i think
My school science department has set a recommended revision timetable which starts on Saturday and runs until June...

...And I'm going to ignore it because I'll forget everything anyway and there is such thing as other subjects. Swear science is trying to take over the whole school, they ALWAYS big things up and put down other subjects.
Original post by Firenze26
That's harsh. Good luck. What subjects are you doing?

Mine's roughly.... Uh...... 4+2+3+2+2+3+1=17(?) methinks. I was suppose to do 6 more exams but I already did them last year 😄
P.S.

Aha, I'm beginning to come to that conclusion to :/ I have exams in; english lang, english lit, maths, further maths,geog, hist, french, german, chem, physics, biology & general studies - not fun :biggrin:

And I could do RE if I wanted to!! My school is really pushing the top set into all these extras like general studies, f.maths, RE...

Don't worry, I won't judge :h:
Original post by Steliata
My school science department has set a recommended revision timetable which starts on Saturday and runs until June...

...And I'm going to ignore it because I'll forget everything anyway and there is such thing as other subjects. Swear science is trying to take over the whole school, they ALWAYS big things up and put down other subjects.

If it's any consolation; in chemistry, we have only covered C1 and half of C2 (still haven't done the ISA either) :biggrin:

Aha, resembles the history department at mine!!
Original post by Gilo98
Aha, I'm beginning to come to that conclusion to :/ I have exams in; english lang, english lit, maths, further maths,geog, hist, french, german, chem, physics, biology & general studies - not fun :biggrin:

And I could do RE if I wanted to!! My school is really pushing the top set into all these extras like general studies, f.maths, RE...

Don't worry, I won't judge :h:

General studies at GCSE??!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
General studies at GCSE??!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep, apparently there is a general studies GCSE!

Found it!

Latest