Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Oh yes. A*A*B as I thought. Warwick have not seen my UMS i believe ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They won't have seen your UMS no. You could try ringing them and giving your UMS but from what I've heard they over-offered this year and so may not be lenient.

It's worth having a look in clearing to see if anything takes your fancy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    x
    Just as an aside, if it does come to the worst and both Cambridge and Durham say no - I took a quick look in clearing and saw that Social and Political Sciences is on offer at York with 35 points. This may be of no interest to you at all but I thought I'd mention it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Son got A*A*A and 1 in STEP I. But A was in Physics and needed to be A*. Physics was 549/600...

Now waiting to hear from Christ's....

Gah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Son got A*A*A and 1 in STEP I. But A was in Physics and needed to be A*. Physics was 549/600...

Gah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Best of luck! I'd hate to be so close :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucilou101)
    They won't have seen your UMS no. You could try ringing them and giving your UMS but from what I've heard they over-offered this year and so may not be lenient.

It's worth having a look in clearing to see if anything takes your fancy
    They over-offer every year. They typically give 2,000 offers out of 2,100 applicants for 200 places

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newblood)
    They over-offer every year. They typically give 2,000 offers out of 2,100 applicants for 200 places
    Surely getting 1,1 in step 1,2 puts me near the top i wouldve thought and D in AEA with A*s in maths FM.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Surely getting 1,1 in step 1,2 puts me near the top i wouldve thought and D in AEA with A*s in maths FM.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am sure there must have been some sort of mistake here.. Is there a way you can contact maths admissions directly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathematigeek)
    I am sure there must have been some sort of mistake here.. Is there a way you can contact maths admissions directly?
    I am trying, they are all just emails the one place i rang gave me some crappy answers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Freshers thread for you guys! - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post58423055

ReputationRep:
    I got 4 A*s

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am surprised they didnt let you straight in for maths mate. You've got to try ti get in touch with an admissions tutor who deaks with this or something. Might be worth phoning up the stats department for Maths and Stats option.

Atm I cant provide much assistance here. Mathematigeek could you help direct him on who to talk to?

(Original post by mathematigeek)

ReputationRep:
    I am trying, they are all just emails the one place i rang gave me some crappy answers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am unsure of who you should call, so my advice currently would be to send a few emails, one to Matthias Englert, [email protected], who is a professor in Computer Science and can give you information on the Discrete Maths course and another to Dave Wood, [email protected], who is in charge of undergraduate admissions in Maths.

Explain your situation, and ask for an explanation in return aswell. Ask about any advice and options they can offer you. But most importantly, ask for a number to call.

That is all I can think of currently, I am sorry.

EDIT: Another option would be to ring back the useless number (im assuming results day helpline) and ask to be redirected to Dave Wood or Maths/Compsci admissions. Good luck to you!

ReputationRep:

Gah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's horrible :/ Hope he still makes it

ReputationRep:
    I met my offer!

ReputationRep:
    made it

ReputationRep:
    I got in!!

Has anyone heard anything from their colleges via post/email yet?

ReputationRep:
    It's not great that they're not being helpful - I would email them both, then try phoning again. If there's still no response then have a look at Clearing and see if there's anything you like the look of. There's no rush as you can't select a Clearing space till 5 o'clock later today.

Give it another half an hour or so then try phoning again until you find a response from them. Cambridge may be putting you into the Summer pool, or still be deliberating. Durham may just still be deciding. Hopefully you'll be able to get an answer from them pretty quickly - rather than them leaving you hanging on for days!
    I've emailed them both now and will wait until midday before checking track and trying to call again.

Thank you so much for all your help

Just as an aside, if it does come to the worst and both Cambridge and Durham say no - I took a quick look in clearing and saw that Social and Political Sciences is on offer at York with 35 points. This may be of no interest to you at all but I thought I'd mention it
    Thanks so much, I will definitely check that out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    I've emailed them both now and will wait until midday before checking track and trying to call again.

Thank you so much for all your help

Thanks so much, I will definitely check that out!
    No problem

I'll be around all day - so let me know how things go!

ReputationRep:
    I know it's really difficult, but I'm afraid if Warwick have already turned you down nothing you can say now will change that. If they wanted to hear what your UMS were they would have left your Track as 'conditional' and waited for you to get in touch with them today.

There will be good options for you in Clearing, and as you do now have the detail of your results I'd strongly advise you to start identifying possibilities and getting in touch with the unis concerned.

ReputationRep:
    According to UCAS track my place has been confirmed but I haven't heard anything from my college yet... Should I stop worrying now? Surely they couldn't make a systematic error at UCAS by admitting me? Right??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.