Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    Note: If someone gets banned please don't gloat about it. You wouldn't the same to be done to you (i.e. you made fun of).

Yes and they know who they are.
    Tbf, If you're referring to me, I was just loling at quantum's revenge strategy. I wouldn't mind if they made fun of me anyway, one report is all it takes to remove it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Tbf, If you're referring to me, I was just loling at quantum's revenge strategy. I wouldn't mind if they made fun of me anyway, one report is all it takes to remove it.
    Like I said, they know who they are lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)
    Salaam

http://www.therevival.co.uk/blogs/tpos/grown-decisions

Are these kinds of thoughts that bother guys too? (I'm assuming girls DO think about this kind of stuff...do you?)
    I guess a bit. Mines more like "need to finish course, get job, get a place etc...".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)
    Salaam

Are these kinds of thoughts that bother guys too? (I'm assuming girls DO think about this kind of stuff...do you?)
    Walaikum assalam,

Funny rant. :lol: I'm at that stage but now I don't worry as much... cuz the first step is 'find someone to marry' THEN I could worry about children and job, etc. I mean first I have to see what the situation truly is and only then could I assess and make an informed decision.

As for working... maybe find a part time job so the children are not neglected so much. Oh and in Pakistan, family/relatives help out in babysitting so there's that hehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)
    Salaam

Wa 'alaikum assalaam

I think this would be much more prevalent in females. I think there is more pressure for them to marry earlier than males because of their biology. Also a lot of men want to marry a woman who is a few years younger than them.

We are mostly chilled about marriage i would think. Most of us think we can take care of ourselves and provide etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)
    Salaam

Wasalam. Yeah I can relate. I try and stop thinking about it too much though, and just trust what Allah has written down for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
    Good luck!
    Thank you Dima

May Allah help you.
    Jzk-k

(Original post by Incredible97)
    Inshallah you will nail your exam

Good luck Sis
    Jzk-k xoxo
    thanks

(Original post by HAnwar)
    Insha Allah it goes well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Insha'Allah
    Tired now
    So I'm going to be on TSR

(Original post by Khodu)
    Salam ISoc family, hope you are well. This recitation has helped me so so so much, subhanAllah. Please remember me in your du'as.

Walaykumasalaam, good alhamdulillah
    Thanks for sharing sis
    I will do

ReputationRep:
    Like I said, they know who they are lol.
    I will take that as not me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mary562)
    Walaykumasalaam, good alhamdulillah
    Thanks for sharing sis
    I will do
    Thank you sister, in sha Allah the exam goes well tomorrow. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    Thank you sister, in sha Allah the exam goes well tomorrow. xx
    Jzk-k xo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)
    Salaam

Walaykumasalaam

Well not at this stage no, but I do have odd conversations with friends regarding this lol
    I'm more worried about finishing my studies first and then thinking about the rest later. My parents have never mentioned it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)
    Salaam

Was salaam

I think someone's been spending too much time in muslim twitter.

ReputationRep:
    Walaikum assalam,

Funny rant. :lol: I'm at that stage but now I don't worry as much... cuz the first step is 'find someone to marry' THEN I could worry about children and job, etc. I mean first I have to see what the situation truly is and only then could I assess and make an informed decision.

As for working... maybe find a part time job so the children are not neglected so much. Oh and in Pakistan, family/relatives help out in babysitting so there's that hehe.
    You seem so relaxed. A lot of women who are in their late 20s will have their family fighting and arguing about her not being married, how she'll never find someone etc.

Dont get too lazy though. You cant just sit back and expect someone to magically come by and say it's all qadr whether you marry or not. You have to be active... Learned this stuff from mufti menk himself

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps the tafseer of 'Alhamdulillahi Rabb al-Aalameen' (Praise is for Allah, the Rabb of the Aalameen) would clear things up.

Source: http://ia601200.us.archive.org/8/ite...ticmiracle.pdf
    JazakAllah!! This is why I love ISOC .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by accretion disk)
    You seem so relaxed. A lot of women who are in their late 20s will have their family fighting and arguing about her not being married, how she'll never find someone etc.

Dont get too lazy though. You cant just sit back and expect someone to magically come by and say it's all qadr whether you marry or not. You have to be active... Learned this stuff from mufti menk himself

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you for your words of wisdom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImNotMe)
    JazakAllah!! This is why I love ISOC .
    Glad to help. :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)
    Salaam

Waalaikumassalam

Now that I'm in my early 20s, I'm starting to think a lot about marriage. I'll probably be married in the next 5-6 years and as those 5-6 years will pass by in a blink of an eye, I've a lot of improvements to make in that short period of time before I can be a good husband to my wife. I don't know if I will ever be mentally ready for marriage and all the responsibilities that come with it but one has got to follow the Sunnah innit.

ReputationRep:
    Yes and they know who they are.
    Sorry

ReputationRep:
    Cut out pride, arrogance and self-admiration. These are not hallmarks of Paradise. Always remember where we came from & where we are headed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1NG93)
    Sorry
    It's ok. You didn't offend me lol.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.