Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K3lvin)
    Honestly man BZs come under treating abnormality because there ws a question on this in a paper for 4 marks and it said allow BZs but not BBS so if you talked about BZs reducing stress it counts and is valid because it treats abnormaity aas it is an anti anxiety drug so its fine they count but BBs dont that 12 marker was just so nice of AQA
    yeah that's what i thought so added in BZs beta blockers, anti depressants, anti psycotoics and ect the whole lot tbh to be sure

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any idea as to what the grade boundaries may be?
    How much to get an A?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevels2k15)
    Anyone have any idea as to what the grade boundaries may be?
    How much to get an A?
    Thanks
    Only from looking at previous grade boundaries, I think it is normally around 50-53 for an A!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eleanor303)
    I think I might have seen once on a mark scheme stating that if a student has written about the wrong thing but has written a detailed answer on another topic by accident then a few marks can be awarded. I have no idea if the mark scheme will be this generous, but I wouldn't worry about it too much as some grade boundaries still allow you to lose 22 marks to get an A.
    I wrote about biological approach instead of behavioural, and I gave detailed explanation so could I get like 1 or 2 marks for it or none?☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RHobbs)
    Only from looking at previous grade boundaries, I think it is normally around 50-53 for an A!
    How many mark out of both paper together do you think it would be for an A?☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nat100000)
    How many mark out of both paper together do you think it would be for an A?☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think last year it was 103 or 104 over all and the year before it was 49 and 52 so 101 out of 144, I think!

ReputationRep:
    I think last year it was 103 or 104 over all and the year before it was 49 and 52 so 101 out of 144, I think!
    Okay thank you!☺️ I just want my results back already😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if this unit will be available next summer? Because of the introduction of the new spec I'm not sure if it will be available to sit or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MTKigz)
    Does anyone know if this unit will be available next summer? Because of the introduction of the new spec I'm not sure if it will be available to sit or not.
    We were told at school that if you have to re-sit and the spec has changed you will still sit an exam paper on the spec you learnt not the new one. It will be a specific re-sit paper I think!

ReputationRep:
    We were told at school that if you have to re-sit and the spec has changed you will still sit an exam paper on the spec you learnt not the new one. It will be a specific re-sit paper I think!
    Ok. My teacher said that we're allowed to resit under this specific unit but she didn't seem sure lol. Not that I want to talk about re-sitting. I'm just wondering in case I needed too.

ReputationRep:
    Your right! It will be a specific paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouAgain)
    Hiya... Did u actually include any research or researchers in your answer in any of the questions? O.o cuz it says include research findings or base on your psychological knowledge ( so on what you've revised) because in your answer above u didn't seem to put any research whatsoever, just your opinion .-.

Wih number 5 you didn't mention anything about consistency, augmentation principle etc.. There was a previous question on this in one of the past papers and on the mark scheme it says you had to include: consistency, flexibility, non-dogmatic etc...

Also with number 4, you put lack of control but did you back it up with a finding? Like for example, I put she had high workload etc and talked about johannson et al....

Don't take my word for it though, this is just what I think lol not to scare you but with the 4 markers you had to base it off a psychological research and if u didn't .-. Then you'd probably lose a lot of marks...
    Hey thanks for your response!
    Well i've put the lack of control..and the workload.. but those were based on the findings from the research of Johansson.. So its like referring to it? Im not sure.. But because its a context question.. I have referred the context with the findings from the research (which is the fact that workload and lack of control affects stress) .. Do you think thats like referring to it even though the name of the researcher or how it was conducted wasnt included? Coz its only a 4 marker and i thought that it would be too much if i included it.. Since i thought that theyd give 2 marks for each point (ie workload and lack of control) and an elaboration in context.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    Your right! It will be a specific paper
    Yeah I think it will be really hard next year because it will be the last one if we resit😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Someone please answer this for me I would appreciate it cuz im not sure how much i would roughly get i was thinking 2-4For the 4 marker on findings on daily hassles I wrote that Kanner developed a 117 hassle scale and 135 uplifts scale and found that Daily hassles are more stressful that major life events because they are frequent and persistent while major life events are in frequent. He also found that the hassle scale tended to be a better predictor of stress than the srrs scale such as predicting depression and anxiety. Also ruffin found the accumulation effect where small persistent fequent daily hassles eventuall build up and lead to stress as they are persistent. How much out of 4 please

anyone please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K3lvin)
    Someone please answer this for me I would appreciate it cuz im not sure how much i would roughly get i was thinking 2-4For the 4 marker on findings on daily hassles I wrote that Kanner developed a 117 hassle scale and 135 uplifts scale and found that Daily hassles are more stressful that major life events because they are frequent and persistent while major life events are in frequent. He also found that the hassle scale tended to be a better predictor of stress than the srrs scale such as predicting depression and anxiety. Also ruffin found the accumulation effect where small persistent fequent daily hassles eventuall build up and lead to stress as they are persistent. How much out of 4 please

anyone please
    The first study you did i havent learnt and most people wrote about Delongis, bourtryre et al and Gervais including myself. Ruffin seems fine so if your first study is relevant to daily hassles then you should get 3 to 4 marks

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=saran12;55968093]The first study you did i havent learnt and most people wrote about Delongis, bourtryre et al and Gervais including myself. Ruffin seems fine so if your first study is relevant to daily hassles then you should get 3 to 4 marks[/QUOTE

Cheers appreciate that just saying though it is relevant because in a 12 marker on life changes or hassles in a past paper it said kanner for daily hasssles so that should be fine then. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    The first question in the unit 2 surprised everyone I think, was not expecting it... rest of paper was alright, finished within an hour... not sure if thats a good or bad thing tho:/

ReputationRep:
    What do you lot mean 'specific paper'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do you think i would get for the behavioural approach out of 6 marks

I wrote that the emphasis is on the environment and how behaviour is acquired through social learning and classical/operant conditioning. The emphasis is also on the external factors and behaviour that is learnt can be unlearnt and this is how abnormal behaviour develops through learnt and treated( un learnt). An example would be wear a eating disorder is created through operant conditioning. The person may lose weight to gain social acceptance or praise from peers. Therefore the eating disorder is maintained through positive re inforcement. Also another example is how it explains a phobia such as UCS(noise) and UCR (fear), then UCR(noice) + NS(clown) > UCR(fear) then the CS(clown) and CR(fear). how much out of 6 roughly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.bryan4)
    It said something like the success of her project was down to the work of her other colleagues

With life changes, was it because of her daughter's wedding?
    Yep, I said her daughters wedding was a life change. On the SRRS gaining a new family member is a life change, so I thought Janet having a son in law would count as a new family member. Going on holiday is also a life change according to Holmes and Rahe, so I said that her planning a holiday was one too.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.