The Liverpool FC Thread XIV Watch

This discussion is closed.
joey11223
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
lmao Klopp's facepalm....

....your guys thighs made of glass or something? It's not that cold so not cramp causing it surely?
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Toure definitely in trouble now
mr tim
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hat-trick of hamstrings...
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Toure hamstring.
This is bloody ridiculous.
Every single CB we have is injured!

Buy one pls...
Rumpelforeskin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are Amazon selling discount football teams?
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Good victory but at the expense of 3 hamstring injuries. Will we actually have a fit CB for our next few games?

Arsenal are going to absolutely tear us apart.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Jeez looks like Toure has also picked up an injury..

Are we going to have any CBs fit for Friday?
cBay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So Skrtel, Sakho, Lovren, Toure and Gomez all out. Looks like it will be Lucas and Can at CB from now on lol. Arsenal will be loving this.
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Regardless of the ridiculous injuries, I must say that Allen and Toure were absolutely outstanding tonight. Absolutely outstanding.

Special mention to Lovren too - he was flawless before he got injured and it's pretty much the only time I've ever been disappointed to see him walk off the pitch. Great transformation.
mr tim
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No fit CBs. Ilori on his way back, thank god.

Really need to buy for Jan though, though Klopp may not do it.

Nice 1-0 lead to take to Anfield. Away goals don't come into it until AET.
cBay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are short term loans a possibility or is that only allowed for lower league clubs? Like maybe we could pinch a half decent CB who isn't playing from a top European club for a month or so... like Vermaelen from Barca or whatever.
The.Joker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Glad we won. Although for the most part we were very sharp and had created a fair few chances I was always worried about Stoke. Nice to see we were defensively solid enough to keep them out. Such a shame about the injuries as Coutinho looked really good today, linking up well with Lallana and Firmino. Also, Lovren has been absolutely solid over the past few weeks, I'm incredibly glad his form has picked up as I've always wanted to see him succeed at Liverpool. I'm gutted about our injury list though, surely we'll see one or two new faces in this window?
cBay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mr tim)
No fit CBs. Ilori on his way back, thank god.

Really need to buy for Jan though, though Klopp may not do it.

Nice 1-0 lead to take to Anfield. Away goals don't come into it until AET.
Didn't realise Ilori was coming back.. where has he been out at? Could be ideal timing for him because he will surely get a chance now.
mr tim
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Klopp saying Toure has a cramp. Hopefully true with other CBs out.
cBay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Toure apparently only cramp so he should be okay
Zerforax
Rep:
?
(Original post by cBay)
Didn't realise Ilori was coming back.. where has he been out at? Could be ideal timing for him because he will surely get a chance now.
Was at Villa where he didn't get any games. Wisdom going on loan was also a mistake considering he can cover RB and CB.
mr tim
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Klopp saying Sakho is unlikely to feature v Exeter.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
I'm not that surprised we looked better today. It was for 2 reasons - Benteke didn't play so our front 3 or 4 players were all able to press high and quickly. Most of our chances came from pressure high up the pitch.

However that only really worked because Stoke wanted to play out from the back and didn't have an outball up front.

Not sure it will work against every team but a good lead to bring back to Anfield.
cBay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
Was at Villa where he didn't get any games. Wisdom going on loan was also a mistake considering he can cover RB and CB.
Wisdom is nowhere near good enough tbh. We couldn't predict things like Gomez being out for the year, theoretically 4 CB's and 2 RB's should be enough.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
(Original post by cBay)
Wisdom is nowhere near good enough tbh. We couldn't predict things like Gomez being out for the year, theoretically 4 CB's and 2 RB's should be enough.
We came into the season with 4 CBs and 3 FBs which is probably one short.

It's a shame we're terrible at loans. We don't need to buy for some positions right now but a half a season loan would really help.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (295)
26.06%
Yes - they're famous (288)
25.44%
No I don't (549)
48.5%

Watched Threads