Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Leagues aren't won - or lost - in January. That said, today is a worry. It's like Groundhog Day for you.

You can be frustrated at Costa's antics all you want, but he is shrewd and clever and Mertesacker's challenge was ill-judged and ill-timed. Fabregas was marvellous, while your midfield was insipid. Big missed opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    People saying the league has gone don't seem to understand football at all.

You're 3 points behind a team who will have never experienced this kind of pressure before and could well do a Liverpool and crumble right at the end.
    You're level on points with the only other serious contender who look laughable defensively without their captain.

Things change hugely in this league. Yeah you were poor today but with players like Sanchez and Coquelin to return, you have more than enough quality to push to the end.
    What's the point giving up when you're 3 points behind? Fair enough Liverpool fans giving up on top 4 because they're 8 points behind Spurs, but it's embarrassing to see your fans losing hope this early.

Pull yourselves together and support your bloody team.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine looking away before making a last ditch challenge.

Probably spotted a 10/10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

You're 3 points behind a team who will have never experienced this kind of pressure before and could well do a Liverpool and crumble right at the end.
    You're level on points with the only other serious contender who look laughable defensively without their captain.

Things change hugely in this league. Yeah you were poor today but with players like Sanchez and Coquelin to return, you have more than enough quality to push to the end.
    What's the point giving up when you're 3 points behind? Fair enough Liverpool fans giving up on top 4 because they're 8 points behind Spurs, but it's embarrassing to see your fans losing hope this early.

It's only 3 points but we have to play harder games away from home than most of the other contendors. We won't beat spurs away, man united away or city away (last one is a maybe). We have a mental block against too many teams it's just ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Nah league is gone and you all chatted **** when I said earlier that the games we dropped points weren't "just one game"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When we face United LVG will most likely be long gone and Giggsy be masterminding those 4-0 scores... otherwise, we at least have a chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

Generic 'you're only X amount of points behind opponent and it's only January' post. Not like we've taken 2 points out of 9 against laughably sh*te teams (bottled two of those games) and mentally we look so fragile. Arsenal fans have seen this same scenario play out year after year, who are you to tell them to support the team like they don't so every day? I pay good money to go to the Emirates as often as I can and support my team but get served up the same crock of ****e every year. I'm entitled to my opinion but, more importantly, I know exactly what to expect after seeing the same thing all too many times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

Or maybe we understand football - and more importantly arsenal - better than you.

We don't have the bottle to win the league. End of.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Costa your most hated player, bar Fabregas and RVP?

ReputationRep:
    You still have Coq and Cazorla to come back tbf. Sanchez can also have a helping hand in kick starting your second half of the season, looked bright in the second half.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    It's only 3 points but we have to play harder games away from home than most of the other contendors. We won't beat spurs away, man united away or city away (last one is a maybe). We have a mental block against too many teams it's just ridiculous.
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Nah league is gone and you all chatted **** when I said earlier that the games we dropped points weren't "just one game"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Generic 'you're only X amount of points behind opponent and it's only January' post. Not like we've taken 2 points out of 9 against laughably sh*te teams (bottled two of those games) and mentally we look so fragile. Arsenal fans have seen this same scenario play out year after year, who are you to tell them to support the team like they don't so every day? I pay good money to go to the Emirates as often as I can and support my team but get served up the same crock of ****e every year. I'm entitled to my opinion but, more importantly, I know exactly what to expect after seeing the same thing all too many times.
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Or maybe we understand football - and more importantly arsenal - better than you.

We don't have the bottle to win the league. End of.
    I don't disagree with that. You clearly have the quality but for some reason you just can't get the result in the big games.
    Hell, you've drawn to us twice this season and we've had a managerial change plus a ridiculously poor defence.

Unfortunately for you guys, I feel like this isn't the players. It's Wenger. He's been bested too much in recent years by rivals teams. Yeah he may win the odd game but then the next year he'll get thrashed 8-2 or 6-0 or 5-1. His mentality is being transferred to your players and when your manager doesn't believe you can win a game, it's hard for the players not to think the same. In that way I can only have sympathy for you.

However runs come to an end. Streaks are broken. The only way your club can overcome this is by rallying together or by getting Wenger out. I truly believe that if you brought in a quality manager, you would walk the league. Don't get me wrong, Wenger has talent but he's been at Arsenal too long. He fails to adapt and he's stuck in a rut. He's exceptionally consistent but in football you want progression just as much. You get Champions League football every year but never do anything with it. You have a squad filled with superstars like Ozil and Sanchez. You should do better but you don't.

It's sad to say but the only way you'll progress in the long term is if the old man realises it's time to go.

ReputationRep:
    We won't win the league because we're too easy to play against, plus many times we set ourselves up to fail, thus creating an inferiority complex that we'll never snap out of.

ReputationRep:
    Ffs, pipe down with all this 'season's over' nonsense. Leicester won't finish in the top 4 most probably and City are still pretty hot and cold with an awful defence. Our biggest worry at the moment is strangely a very strong Spurs team, but there's absolutely no chance of them challenging in the long-run; they're Spurs ffs.

Sanchez will be on a mad one and most importantly Coquelin is back soon. Take every game as it comes.

ReputationRep:
    I never back Arsenal to win the league the team has picked up 2 points in 9 why should I believe they can beat Spurs, Man Utd, Everton away from home.

ReputationRep:
    Reports that dobby the net spend got ejected from the emirates today for homophobic insults to fellows fans. At least there is a bright side to today

ReputationRep:
    Class A *******

ReputationRep:
    The state of the AFTV mob. Replica wearing tw*ts looking for attention, every single one of them. Grown men in the background going to games with their faces painted and scarves wrapped around their heads. Ffs man.

If Moh gets a life ban from Arsenal it would make the loss today worth it imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Zouma will have Giroud in his pocket guarenteed.

Whoever's on the left will have Ivanovic on toast.

Ozil - Mikel isn't even a contest

Bellerin will get caught out upfield leaving Hazard up against Mertesacker/Gabriel

Costa will score
    4/5.

Almost called it.

Ivanovic is the greatest defender of all time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    The state of the AFTV mob. Replica wearing tw*ts looking for attention, every single one of them. Grown men in the background going to games with their faces painted and scarves wrapped around their heads. Ffs man.

If Moh gets a life ban from Arsenal it would make the loss today worth it imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why don't you go on it?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    How were you supposed to win today with no focal point? The substitution of Giroud meant you were so, so blunt. I can see the reasoning in trying to sure up the defence and use Walcott off the break and counter - especially given the narrative of his decade at Arsenal - but Flamini was your most advanced player at times. That's a damning indictment.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.