Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oiseaux)
    How has everyone learnt the Gender Dysphoria topic? As its own essay or a part of the biosocial essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Own essay, want me to write it up in short for you?

ReputationRep:
    can we get 4+8 marl questions?

ReputationRep:
    If worse comes to worse and i can't think of anything to say, is there any way of evaluating something to get marks. So just to say "research has shown that.." Then just do aload of A03 etc to get marks without any A01? My teacher said just make something up because if it rings true they're forced to credit it as they can't check if it's right with no study name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dasaw)
    it can only be 8 + 16 they revamped the spec in 2012 so it can only ever be 24 marks
    they asked part questions last year and the year before?

ReputationRep:
    If group display comes up for aggression I will literally cry 😂

I have basically just gone over topics that are predicted to come up. Could either go in my favour or go terribly wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmcl)
    they asked part questions last year and the year before?
    im assuming it was split into a 4 marker then a 4+16 = 24

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosahra)
    can we get 4+8 marl questions?
    Nope or atleast im certain otherwise it isnt a 24 mark essay and we end up doing 2 12 markers which isnt the spec as 12 markers cant really test a03

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    For me since i dont do eating behavior circadian rhythm instead i would be happy!
    Hey what would you write about for a question on just circadian rhythms? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    Infidelity and jealousy scares me 😓😓
    Ok.

So start of with talking about dude being cuck'd, huge risk of having to invest to a child not his. Therefore adaptively evolved methods to deal with this problem which comes to paragraph 2

renition stratergies is sort of method adpated. Use of direct guarding - which is restricitng autonomy and use of violence or threats of it.

Then uroxicide= wife killing, accidentally came from evolution- unintended consqueence. If they suspect wife of ifdenality, they may remove resoueces or give her inflict cost. However they have no resources so they have result to violence which is too much.

Then attacking during pregnancy. If suspected of infed, much more likely to attack preg wife and basically talk about cuck thing in a different way a bit lol.

Evaluation:
    Massive Shackleford study I think you arleady know of it as you posted about it.
    The survey used in study- erros and all that social desirabilty
    Real world application- Teach women to know early signs of rention stragergies and absuive relationship ...
    Gender Bias- Women are more liekly to kill their paterner found in a study in USA.
    Indivual differences- Not all men deal with it differently, wich could mean other factors rather than biological/evolution.

I think that's it. Sorry not that much detail. Even more so for the spelling. Using my Mac which I type badly with and also proper tired lol. Getting to the point were I can barely remember simple words haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ame32)
    Hey what would you write about for a question on just circadian rhythms? Thanks!
    Talk about the SCN, core body temp hormon production
    Studies such as zucker duffy aschoff and weaver siffre campbell then eval the studies such as artfical if its done in cave lack mundane realism etc
    and then eval points
    e.g focuses primarliy on nature aspect doesnt conisder exgernal influences and exogenous zietgbers so limited and not complete explanation
    Practical app suhc as chronotherapeutics which is timing of drugs we can then make sure medicines given drugs etc work more effectively if we know the circadian rhythm better
    Deterministic assumes we have no control of our sleep wake cycle but as duffy et al showed individual differences not everyone sleep/wake cycle the same assumes we have no free will over the circadain ryhtm but we can entrain and use phase advance phase delay etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    Talk about the SCN, core body temp hormon production
    Studies such as zucker duffy aschoff and weaver siffre campbell then eval the studies such as artfical if its done in cave lack mundane realism etc
    and then eval points
    e.g focuses primarliy on nature aspect doesnt conisder exgernal influences and exogenous zietgbers so limited and not complete explanation
    Practical app suhc as chronotherapeutics which is timing of drugs we can then make sure medicines given drugs etc work more effectively if we know the circadian rhythm better
    Deterministic assumes we have no control of our sleep wake cycle but as duffy et al showed individual differences not everyone sleep/wake cycle the same assumes we have no free will over the circadain ryhtm but we can entrain and use phase advance phase delay etc
    Thank you soo much! That was really helpful, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ame32)
    Thank you soo much! That was really helpful, thanks!
    Also depending on which eval point you want to use you could add in the fact SCN isnt the only circadian rythm studies shown other oscialltors in the body to maintain bio rhytms such as temp hormones even light penetrating certain parts of body hence liimited to try and simplfy complex biological systems in the body to something as simple as the SCN being the sole or "main" endogenous pacemaker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oiseaux)
    How has everyone learnt the Gender Dysphoria topic? As its own essay or a part of the biosocial essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know them both well, do you want help?

ReputationRep:
    Did everyone sleep okay?

I bloody didn't 😂😑😪🔫

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undine_monty)
    i need help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kellypom)
    If group display comes up for aggression I will literally cry 😂

I have basically just gone over topics that are predicted to come up. Could either go in my favour or go terribly wrong
    Group display isn't hard if you pretty much ignore xenophiba which Im doing and focus on wafare and terriorality book does a **** job of expalining rather just using studies lol.

Warfare:
    Sex partner= fighting clans= inftantcide of girls therefore more males which creates competition between each man for a women. However the women use filter of warrior as a factor attractiveness. Therefore men engaging in battle are seen as sexy and directly gain access to women and reproduce remember it asks evolutionary explaination so link it to how it's useful.

Ok then Status= Fercious/aggressive warrior becomes highly ranked. more access to spoils of war=money/resoruces=access to women.

Finally group solidtary= Scar gained from warfrae show the person loyalty to the group and also they won't just get up and leave due to having enemy scars.

Evaluation:
    Research= Women find military men sexier when they are seen fighting... supports that women find aggressiveness in battle attratcive.

Research=Warriors men found to have a lot more wifes and childern that those normal men

Cruelty- critisim, Researcher suggests currelty is far more than any non-human species and is uncalled for. Deindivuation better expalins than evoluationary.

However for above point cruetly could be a way to deter future fights and therefore increase chance of warriors not getting invaded and therefore reproduce.

War itself didn't exist till nomadic socitety settled down recently. Therefore warfare itself may be as a result of enviromental changes and not evolutionary/biological.

Gender= mostly male warriors whereas there are women tribes. Amazonesses.

However mostly male in almost all socitetys and evoultionary explain women are bascailly baby machines require 1 man and men are easily replacebale. so Women shouldn't fight...

And then

Sports- territoratlity shown in teams play in home games. Heavier burden. Animals defend their home land with great force as it's were all their resoruces are. They have show aggressive bevhaioris like the saomaso in rugby with their inimidation dance. reserach finds they are more win playing at home due to defense of terriority.

Evulation:

Basketball games reserach found that home advantage is not due to fans because they did better without fans but it still exists.

You can mention xenophobia and then just put a real world application of racism and all that in sport to stop it happening

Sorry this is so messy and lacks detial but just he main points Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charanjittt)
    i need help
    With what? You need to be more specific.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    Did everyone sleep okay?

I bloody didn't 😂😑😪🔫
    The irony of that when i fail the test on sleep because of a lack of sleep.....

ReputationRep:
    biosocial approach to gender dysopria how did you link them together. and how did you evaluate the approach?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undine_monty)
    Hope it's not Biosocial I don't know that. I really hope it's Gender dysp that's way easier and I know it perfectly lol.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 4, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.