Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It must be said: why are so many of you such disgusting human beings, mis-titling LP. He has asked you to call him Minister Prime and yet so many still insist on calling him "Prime Minister," I hope you're all ashamed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    It must be said: why are so many of you such disgusting human beings, mis-titling LP. He has asked you to call him Minister Prime and yet so many still insist on calling him "Prime Minister," I hope you're all ashamed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, you are the party of tradition, and "Prime Minister" is the traditional term!

ReputationRep:
    As if you people care for tradition, all you care about is pandering to the mentally ill who think they're something they're not

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where's the proof that such people are mentally ill? They're not causing harm to themselves or others, and they're not in distress. They don't fit the criteria for being 'mentally ill'.

Secondly, how the hell would you know without experiencing it yourself? People have the right to be whoever they want to be.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Last time I checked this was Prime Minister's Questions, not Pretty Much Everyone who has Posted in the PMQs Thread's Questions.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    Where's the proof that such people are mentally ill? They're not causing harm to themselves or others, and they're not in distress. They don't fit the criteria for being 'mentally ill'.

Secondly, how the hell would you know without experiencing it yourself? People have the right to be whoever they want to be.
    There is this little thing called the DSM written by people more knowledgeable than you or I. And I guess it's time to go on a murderous rampage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Last time I checked this was Prime Minister's Questions, not Pretty Much Everyone who has Posted in the PMQs Thread's Questions.
    "The Commons Bar Mk XII - MHoC Chat Thread"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "The Commons Bar Mk XII - MHoC Chat Thread"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn I need to get off TSR and go to bed don't I

ReputationRep:
    There is this little thing called the DSM written by people more knowledgeable than you or I. And I guess it's time to go on a murderous rampage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's considered a medical issue, as transgender people usually require hormone injections and reassignment surgery. It is not considered a mental illness by the DSM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Damn I need to get off TSR and go to bed don't I
    Maybe you do. It's OK to rest ya know...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It's considered a medical issue, as transgender people usually require hormone injections and reassignment surgery. It is not considered a mental illness by the DSM.
    Do you have DSM-58 or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    prsom, thank you Whiggy

ReputationRep:
    Do you have DSM-58 or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, but I'm aware that it covers gender dysphoria, and that it states that gender dysphoria (transgenderism) is a medical issue, not a mental one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    prsom, thank you Whiggy
    You're welcome! JD needs to provide some actual facts, not the gibberish inside his head.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Quit bit of reading on enabling acts and unsurprisingly it's been labour that have been wanting them to force through their policies, first Attlee and then Blair.

Perhaps more interesting is that the Weimar era enabling acts were unconstitutional, but we're accepted regardless on the basis that they were all approved with a two thirds majority.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    prsom, thank you Whiggy
    You two are beyond silly. :laugh:

1. Nothing is considered a ‘mental illness’ because almost everyone is afraid to use the term ‘illness’ as a result of rabid political pressure from the regressive left. They are disorders. Paedophilia is a disorder. Those changes aren't based on research—they are pure and simple politics.

2. The very name of the bloody book… Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

3. It's published by APA. If I had a penny for every made-up non-replicable ******** that was ever published in one of APA journals, I'd be able to buy a yacht.

4. ICD-10 classifies it under mental and behavioural disorders, the same as paedophilia, sadomasochism, or necrophilia.

ReputationRep:

Pretty sure lots of them are. Hence the therapy and psychiatric help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Pretty sure lots of them are. Hence the therapy and psychiatric help.
    Some of them are in distress because people constantly bully and discriminate against them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    You two are beyond silly. :laugh:

1. Nothing is considered a ‘mental illness’ because almost everyone is afraid to use the term ‘illness’ as a result of rabid political pressure from the regressive left. They are disorders. Paedophilia is a disorder. Those changes aren't based on research—they are pure and simple politics.

2. The very name of the bloody book… Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

3. It's published by APA. If I had a penny for every made-up non-replicable ******** that was ever published in one of APA journals, I'd be able to buy a yacht.

4. ICD-10 classifies it under mental and behavioural disorders, the same as paedophilia, sadomasochism, or necrophilia.
    It is not a mental disorder.

image.png

In case you'd like the link: http://www.apa.org/topics/lgbt/transgender.aspx

You're seriously comparing transgendered people, who cause no harm to other people, to paedophiles?!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    :sigh:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.