University Navigation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Is t 7:30 or 8am?
    (Original post by drandy76)
    Track says locked till 8 on my browser

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Eh it always say 8am but it's pretty much always up at 7.30am... Unless it crashes in which case it might be a little while til you can get on it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!
    Now i have 1,1.
    If i get rejected on track is it worth it ringing up asking to be out in the pool?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Oh I remember somebody mentioning magdalene a long time ago, couldn't remember if it was you
    They're not that silly to reject a SS
    Well, we will see... (but I have done badly in my A-levels, trust me)

Good luck for 8am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Thanks guys!
    Now i have 1,1.
    If i get rejected on track is it worth it ringing up asking to be out in the pool?
    No harm in that. I would highly doubt any outright rejections of 1,1 though

ReputationRep:
    Been lurking in here for a while. Just wanted to say well done guys on your STEP results even if they weren't what you had hoped for you are still damn bright!

ReputationRep:
    7.30 in my experience, still remember eldest son barging into my bedroom shouting he was in at that time on results day. Didn't have that stress last year as middle son's firm went unconditional a few weeks before but we still checked to make sure it wasn't a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone else with STEP (and other) results! I'm extremely pleased with my 2, 1. The 2 was one mark off a 1, but that doesn't even matter because as a CompSci my offer was only 1, 2 anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Well, we will see... (but I have done badly in my A-levels, trust me)

Good luck for 8am
    Thanks, you too not that you need it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweeneyrod)
    Good luck to everyone else with STEP (and other) results! I'm extremely pleased with my 2, 1. The 2 was one mark off a 1, but that doesn't even matter because as a CompSci my offer was only 1, 2 anyway.
    Congrats! Good luck with A levels if you're a level student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    And 3,1 can be acceptable.
    I - 2 (69 marks)
    II - 3 (52 marks)
    III - 1 (73 marks)

I feel like this is some horrible nightmare. It just doesn't seem real.

ReputationRep:
    Where's Duke btw

ReputationRep:
    Serine Soul 1 step closer to that sock monkey very lucky to get S1S literally just with the help of you people.

ReputationRep:
    Many people still accepted with those grades, IIRC

Especially since you are 16, you have a good chance...
    I don't think so.

3 in STEP II? I wasn't even close to the 2. I can't believe this. And I also got a grade 2 in STEP I.

I have very good extenuating circumstances, but I think this is the end for me.

I am gonna check UCAS tomorrow and go to school so I can talk to my Principal and see what I will be doing the next year and how I would re-apply to Cambridge.

Probably gonna also stay up until 6am because no way I can fall asleep after this. It seems like a nightmare, I am not even sure what happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnglishMuon)
    Serine Soul 1 step closer to that sock monkey very lucky to get S1S literally just with the help of you people.
    Congrats

Best of luck everyone! :goodluck::crossedf:

7 hours to go and I'm still debating if I should try to get some sleep or if should just go through the night watching Olympics and periodically calming my nerves with vodka :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    I don't think so.

3 in STEP II? I wasn't even close to the 2. I can't believe this. And I also got a grade 2 in STEP I.

I am gonna check UCAS tomorrow and go to school so I can talk to my Principal and see what I will be doing the next year and how I would re-apply to Cambridge.

Probably gonna also stay up until 6am because no way I can fall asleep after this. It seems like a nightmare, I am not even sure what happened.
    Try forget about it until UCAS Track updates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    I don't think so.

Insight, I won't pretend to understand how upsetting this is for you, I can only imagine. But please remember that you've accomplished something that nobody else here has done, doing GCSE A level and STEP in a year self teaching and not to mention receiving a maths offer from Cambridge in year 11. This clearly shows you're a very very bright and capable individual but they also thought you were mature enough for university at age 16 which is also a very positive quality. What you have accomplished and who you are you should be immensely proud of and the grades yes may not have been satisfactory for you but they don't define your ability or worth. You are two years younger you have plenty of opportunities ahead and also please don't continue caffeine tablet crazy studying for the next year whether you get in or not because that won't be any good for your health.. It will be even more upsetting to see you have to slow down on maths due to illness or something.. Again I'm so sorry to hear your results but I'm also wishing you all the best for track update and A level results tomorrow. Fingers crossed for you

ReputationRep:
    Try forget about it until UCAS Track updates
    I will try. I won't be able to sleep until 6am, when I will go to school and talk to my Principal to see what I will be doing the next year and how I will re-apply. Congratulations with your SSS, I bet you are ecstatic.

(Original post by C0balt)
    X
    Thank you, that means a lot to me.

ReputationRep:
    Well I got a 3 in I which means I missed my insurance :P I won't be laughing about it in a few hours if everything else isn't in order though...

ReputationRep:
    Got 1, 1, 1. Met the STEP part of my offer.

Poll
Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.