Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gradtocket45)
    Imagine doing everything right for 3 years.

Only needing 209 UMS in Edexcel Maths S2 to get into the med school of your dreams.

Then getting
    60/75 in C3
    67/75 in C4
    48/75 in S2

****ing kill me pls. Goodbye med school :/
    i don't do edexcel, but why would that not equate to 209 UMS overall? if you got, say, 80 in C3 and 90 in C4 then you only need 39 in S2!

ReputationRep:
    Meant A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gradtocket45)
    Imagine doing everything right for 3 years.

Only needing 209 UMS in Edexcel Maths S2 to get into the med school of your dreams.

Then getting
    60/75 in C3
    67/75 in C4
    48/75 in S2

****ing kill me pls. Goodbye med school :/
    Im in a similar position to you, i think my med school chances have gone too. S2 WTF i was getting high in past papers and flopped!
    I just hope its 60-62 for an A in s2
    But looking at your scores this is what i think worst case scenario: C3: 78, C4:87 S2:65 which means you'd make it comfortably!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gradtocket46)
    Meant A2
    With those raw marks you probably got 80 in C3, 82 in C4 and you'd need 47 in S2 and 48/75 should be enough to get that. I think you've gotten your 209 UMS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    i don't do edexcel, but why would that not equate to 209 UMS overall? if you got, say, 80 in C3 and 90 in C4 then you only need 39 in S2!
    Because Edexcel C4 was stupidly easy so 65 will be an A; C3 was fairly standard so 62 for an A and S2 was fairly difficult but loads found it easy: im praying 48 is at least 60
    UMS :/

Very very borderline.

ReputationRep:
    Whoa whoa whoa, it's not 7 days to go yet.

You're a bit too eager OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsmad123)
    Im in a similar position to you, i think my med school chances have gone too. S2 WTF i was getting high in past papers and flopped!
    I just hope its 60-62 for an A in s2
    But looking at your scores this is what i think worst case scenario: C3: 78, C4:87 S2:65 which means you'd make it comfortably!
    I hope so bro. Good luck to you man; where's your offer from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoex101)
    Most people found f215 easy though, what did you think of it?
    nah, not easy, it was relatively straightforward apart from a few questions. I was quite happy at first but I'm having second thoughts...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    Whoa whoa whoa, it's not 7 days to go yet.

You're a bit too eager OP.
    43 minutes too early

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This may be a weird one but has anyone not told anyone (friends, family etc) about their offer at all?? I haven't and I'm not feeling like it's stupid to tell them now incase I miss it but don't wanna just be like on results day oh hey I'm going here to study this last minute....ugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    With those raw marks you probably got 80 in C3, 82 in C4 and you'd need 47 in S2 and 48/75 should be enough to get that. I think you've gotten your 209 UMS
    Thanks for the reassurance man; it really does mean a lot - I hope you get the grades you want!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingofacademics)
    This may be a weird one but has anyone not told anyone (friends, family etc) about their offer at all?? I haven't and I'm not feeling like it's stupid to tell them now incase I miss it but don't wanna just be like on results day oh hey I'm going here to study this last minute....ugh
    What's your offer?

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel further maths

Aiming for A*

Got 90UMS in D2 last year

I think i got 66-68/75 in FP2
    Almost certain I got 72/75 in FP3

(forget M2, I only got like 63/75)

Hope the FP2 A* edexcel grade boundary is low...

So worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gradtocket46)
    Because Edexcel C4 was stupidly easy so 65 will be an A; C3 was fairly standard so 62 for an A and S2 was fairly difficult but loads found it easy: im praying 48 is at least 60
    UMS :/

Very very borderline.
    so say you got 84 in C4, 76 in C3 and 60 in S2 - that's still 220 which is 11 more than you need. not at all borderline; i don't think you have anything to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelvin1338)
    Edexcel further maths

Aiming for A*

Got 90UMS in D2 last year

I think i got 66-68/75 in FP2
    Almost certain I got 72/75 in FP3

(forget M2, I only got like 63/75)

Hope the FP2 A* edexcel grade boundary is low...

So worried
    I think i got 71 im s3 and fp3 ( but bounderies will be high) and fp2 67. Got 98 lastvyear in s2 so hopeful of an a*
    I think you have done enought for an a* certainly
    Fp2 youll get 93 ums and fp2 youll get 88-92 ums i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingofacademics)
    I was so so so excited when I got my firm offer that I told everyone and now I'm not going to get in...now that's embarrassing. If your family are supportive then you might consider telling them but it's totally up to you who you decide to tell and when!

ReputationRep:
    so say you got 84 in C4, 76 in C3 and 60 in S2 - that's still 220 which is 11 more than you need. not at all borderline; i don't think you have anything to worry about.
    That makes me feel so much better man! Cheers! I guess i never looked at it like that

ReputationRep:
    No no no :ahhhhh:it's not 7 days already. Does anyone know how to stop time??

ReputationRep:
    i have a habit of always needing something to worry about. when my exams were going on, i was looking forward to when they finish and for my summer to begin. when my summer began, i told myself i'll only really start celebrating after results day if i get into my firm. but now, if i get into my firm, i'll probably start worrying about university workload and just look forward to next summer all over again instead of enjoying whatever is left of this summer. why can't i just live in the moment?

ReputationRep:
    i have a habit of always needing something to worry about. when my exams were going on, i was looking forward to when they finish and for my summer to begin. when my summer began, i told myself i'll only really start celebrating after results day if i get into my firm. but now, if i get into my firm, i'll probably start worrying about university workload and just look forward to next summer all over again instead of enjoying whatever is left of this summer. why can't i just live in the moment?
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 385
Size:  104.5 KB

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.