:hugs:
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dalimyr)
Oh no What's wrong, hun? :hugs:
I have the Freshers Cold. I'm not saying it's flu because if it was, I'd have all the aches and nastiness that comes with flu and I don't have that, I have a cold. It's horrible though because I feel all bunged up Have a headache, sore throat, blocked nose and a dry cough. The cough bugs me the most because I know it'll become a chesty cough before it goes away and it'll just hang around forever.

How are you? :hugs:

Feeling on edge again. One little thing will push me over. Accommodation have really really messed me up this week. Had they been nice and dealt with me in a better way I'd feel more settled. I panic everytime I check my emails incase there's a message from them asking for that £50. I never want to have to deal with them again. I feel that I can't ask the university for any kind of help because they'll just be rude and mean to me and push me over the edge.

Worried about my rent. I've transferred money to my student account but it's not showing up yet. I have to wait 5 days for my PIN to come through for the card aswell so I'm really really hoping I get my PIN and that the money shows up before next Wednesday because I won't be able to pay my rent otherwise and I don't want to get in anymore trouble. May see if my Nan will pay it and I'll pay her back. Hate uni so far
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
:afraid: Really nervous about going back to uni tomorrow.
Good luck :hugs: we're all here for you, and I hope it goes well
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Right now I'd quite like to shoot Dr Chris Williams, who is droning on and on about anxiety control via this website I'm supposed to be using. I don't know how this is supposed to be useful at all.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
I have the Freshers Cold. I'm not saying it's flu because if it was, I'd have all the aches and nastiness that comes with flu and I don't have that, I have a cold. It's horrible though because I feel all bunged up Have a headache, sore throat, blocked nose and a dry cough. The cough bugs me the most because I know it'll become a chesty cough before it goes away and it'll just hang around forever.

How are you? :hugs:

Feeling on edge again. One little thing will push me over. Accommodation have really really messed me up this week. Had they been nice and dealt with me in a better way I'd feel more settled. I panic everytime I check my emails incase there's a message from them asking for that £50. I never want to have to deal with them again. I feel that I can't ask the university for any kind of help because they'll just be rude and mean to me and push me over the edge.

Worried about my rent. I've transferred money to my student account but it's not showing up yet. I have to wait 5 days for my PIN to come through for the card aswell so I'm really really hoping I get my PIN and that the money shows up before next Wednesday because I won't be able to pay my rent otherwise and I don't want to get in anymore trouble. May see if my Nan will pay it and I'll pay her back. Hate uni so far
You could try drinking a lot of orange juice and getting lots of sleep over this weekend? Might make you feel a bit better. :console:

Have you spoken to the accommodation people and explained about the bank problems? They should be understanding, they usually are towards freshers.

Good luck Jonathan, I'm sure you can do it. :hugs:

(Original post by Not Invented Yet)
Right now I'd quite like to shoot Dr Chris Williams, who is droning on and on about anxiety control via this website I'm supposed to be using. I don't know how this is supposed to be useful at all.
What website's that?
Not Invented Yet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
What website's that?
livinglifetothefull.com. It's an online CBT programme with lots of different sections you have to work through... but it's all done with voice recordings, there's nothing to read or look at, and I really cannot concentrate on just listening. This is why I don't own a radio! Mind you, I suppose it is helping a bit... I don't want to kill myself so much when I'm more interested in killing Dr Williams...! :rolleyes:

How are you today?
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You could try drinking a lot of orange juice and getting lots of sleep over this weekend? Might make you feel a bit better. :console:

Have you spoken to the accommodation people and explained about the bank problems? They should be understanding, they usually are towards freshers.
Yeah, I have some orange juice and I've been drinking lots of it this week. Also have cold and flu tablets, blankets and a hot water bottle.

No, I've not spoken to accommodation. They are so horrible, I never want to speak to them again. The admin people here really aren't that nice. I've got a back up plan though so if my money doesn't show up, my Nan is going to pay and I'm going to pay her back.

How is everyone tonight? :hugs:
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So, fluoxetine. Riiight.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
livinglifetothefull.com. It's an online CBT programme with lots of different sections you have to work through... but it's all done with voice recordings, there's nothing to read or look at, and I really cannot concentrate on just listening. This is why I don't own a radio! Mind you, I suppose it is helping a bit... I don't want to kill myself so much when I'm more interested in killing Dr Williams...! :rolleyes:

How are you today?
Oh right that sounds pretty interesting, I will take a look thanks.

I'm alright, feeling a bit down but meh. Wondering whether to get the train home for the weekend or just stay and sit out uni. How about you, other than wanting to kill dr williams? :p:
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Ugh, Chris Williams...I knew I recognised that name - he wrote those booklets that I was given when I was giving CBT a shot, and they were useless.
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So, I have this prescription, and I was wondering if it's okay to take prozac with echinacea? I'm gonna be lost without my good old echinacea, if I can't take it!
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
I don't think you should but double check with someone who works at a chemist.... I know you should not take some ADs with it so it's best to make sure. xxx
Not Invented Yet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh right that sounds pretty interesting, I will take a look thanks.

I'm alright, feeling a bit down but meh. Wondering whether to get the train home for the weekend or just stay and sit out uni. How about you, other than wanting to kill dr williams? :p:
I'm alright... not had the best of days, I didn't go to school (again) and mum's starting to get a bit ratty about the amount of work I'm missing. They are sending work home for me but I'm not the most motivated of students... :o:
I can feel the plunge coming on... you know how things always get ten times worse at night time, and I can feel my mood dropping - so I'm trying to put off going to bed by watching Mock the Week and wasting time on the internet.
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Okay, thanks me dear :hugs:
How are you?
starchild
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
im so happy, im meeting Kate tomorrow and next weekend :yay:
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I went out, couldn't handle it, felt out of place, so I left. My friend's boyfriend wanted to walk me home but I sneaked out so he didn't have to. Feel so poorly and just want to sleep but my house is full of Chinese people talking Chinese and I don't understand what they're saying
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I went out, couldn't handle it, felt out of place, so I left. My friend's boyfriend wanted to walk me home but I sneaked out so he didn't have to. Feel so poorly and just want to sleep but my house is full of Chinese people talking Chinese and I don't understand what they're saying
:hugs:
Dont give up on uni, keep going!
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My friend's bf who is staying here for the weekend text me asking me to go to her house so I did and they were upstairs, next thing he comes downstairs in tears. I still don't know what's happened but I think they've made up now. There were all these other gossipy things going on and this girl who lives in the house with my friend wouldn't let me see her. She said she'd deal with it. I feel about 2 inches big. I don't have a clue what was just going on and I feel completely left out of it. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't want to be in the middle of the gossip, but if I could have helped someone then, I would have liked to.

Skip this paragraph if you like.....Whilst sitting in their kitchen, this girl wanted tablets for her cold. She'd been drinking so I told her not to take any and she just gulped back 3 paracetamol and says she does it all the time. I was fuming. Why are people so dumb? Seriously, it's a dangerous thing to do and yet she did it...it makes me really cross. And then they all went out to smoke and started saying how they've been smoking since about year 7 and I just got really cross. It's not a cool thing to do at all but they think it is. They think it's good to relieve stress. Well without sounding arrogant, I think I've been through a hell of a lot more **** than they have and I've never touched a cigarette or any (illegal) drug and I've only started drinking since I was 18 and have only been made to feel sick from drinking twice. I hardly ever drink because it just gets me down and it's not good for me. Oh, I don't know why I'm bothering writing this. I don't even know why I'm doing a degree to then go and do cancer research anymore when all these people are bloody idiots anyway and bring it upon themselves. I know that's really harsh, but there are people out there like my aunt, my great uncle, my best friend, who never did a thing wrong yet got cancer. 2 of the 3 are dead. Yet people smoke, do drugs, are evil people, get cancer and yet survive. Pisses me off. Why do I want to actually help people like that? Anyway...I'm gunna get loads of neg rep for this and probs banned but never mind. No one will care.

Going to bed now. Dosed up on yet more tablets. Maybe I won't wake up in the morning...right now I think that's a great idea as I really don't fit in in this world.
starchild
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im seeing one dep soc person and missing another. This is rather surreal. I wish I could see you all today, davids working at the open day and im spending 8 1/2 hours travelling and around birmingham. I havent even contemplated food yet for the journey. I feel foul though, i woke up with a less blocked up nose and now its blocked up again. My chest hurts and so does my throat. the pains in my chest have been getting worse and i hate it. I better ring the doctor again...

is everyone else ok? :hugs: I will try and respond before i leave.

Siti xxxx
starchild
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My friend's bf who is staying here for the weekend text me asking me to go to her house so I did and they were upstairs, next thing he comes downstairs in tears. I still don't know what's happened but I think they've made up now. There were all these other gossipy things going on and this girl who lives in the house with my friend wouldn't let me see her. She said she'd deal with it. I feel about 2 inches big. I don't have a clue what was just going on and I feel completely left out of it. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't want to be in the middle of the gossip, but if I could have helped someone then, I would have liked to.

Skip this paragraph if you like.....Whilst sitting in their kitchen, this girl wanted tablets for her cold. She'd been drinking so I told her not to take any and she just gulped back 3 paracetamol and says she does it all the time. I was fuming. Why are people so dumb? Seriously, it's a dangerous thing to do and yet she did it...it makes me really cross. And then they all went out to smoke and started saying how they've been smoking since about year 7 and I just got really cross. It's not a cool thing to do at all but they think it is. They think it's good to relieve stress. Well without sounding arrogant, I think I've been through a hell of a lot more **** than they have and I've never touched a cigarette or any (illegal) drug and I've only started drinking since I was 18 and have only been made to feel sick from drinking twice. I hardly ever drink because it just gets me down and it's not good for me. Oh, I don't know why I'm bothering writing this. I don't even know why I'm doing a degree to then go and do cancer research anymore when all these people are bloody idiots anyway and bring it upon themselves. I know that's really harsh, but there are people out there like my aunt, my great uncle, my best friend, who never did a thing wrong yet got cancer. 2 of the 3 are dead. Yet people smoke, do drugs, are evil people, get cancer and yet survive. Pisses me off. Why do I want to actually help people like that? Anyway...I'm gunna get loads of neg rep for this and probs banned but never mind. No one will care.

Going to bed now. Dosed up on yet more tablets. Maybe I won't wake up in the morning...right now I think that's a great idea as I really don't fit in in this world.
Are you ok? Please be ok :hugs: we all care here. ignore those people. i hate how every day people do not care about the way they look after themselves and people like Esther passed away. I hate it. Please please be ok. Text me when you get up please. :hugs: you are amazing :hugs: you do fit in. please dont do anything drastic. please.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (561)
37.68%
No - but I will (116)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (106)
7.12%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (706)
47.41%

Watched Threads