Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_22)
    Oxford over LSE.
    If only it were so simple lol

(Original post by __Katy)
    But why would you want to go someone that you describe yourself as awful? Or are you treating it as a "best of a bad bunch" scenario?
    I meant it looks awful on the outside as it seems all corporate and what have you, i preferred the inside and the "newer" building was nice! yes its the best of the bunch but the social side of things is not appealing to me 2 much at the moment!

(Original post by Shiva17)
    um its fine if UCL hasn't appealed to you..but to call it "shameful" is sort of rude.
    (Original post by simon12345)
    Hardly rude, it's a valid opinion I think. She's allowed to have one.
    Like he said its not rude its a valid argument. What i meant by shameful was that for one of the best Law schools in the country i think it was largely lacking in resources and style, which you would expect with the funding it receives and prestige of the place. Whilst overall UCL is stunning, the Law department is like an annex of it hidden away. So by that i mean shameful as i think they could do so much more with it!
    Much preferred the look of KCL & warwick!!

ReputationRep:
    wow that's a first, if you really do put oxford as insurance.. i have never known anyone to reject oxford or put them as insurance, except one guy in my school.. but in his case was harvard over oxford.

(Original post by Chardonae_Rowen)
    it seems obvious i know lol but i don't think i would fit in Oxford im too much of a londoner hehe
    if you dont think you would fit into oxford, why put oxford as insurance at all? why not put KCL?
    just asking.. quite curious... hahah.

and congrats on your fantastic offers on your hands.. seriously, im in awe. hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chardonae_Rowen)
    If only it were so simple lol
    I completely understand what you mean. Although Oxford is better then LSE, in terms of reputation, quality of teaching and graduate carreer prospects (or so I think), choosing between the two can be a rather difficult process. What is it that draws you to LSE and what you do or don't like about Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Queen's Mary. Really upset!! City it is then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah17clg)
    Hey condolences after the massive wait !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreshPrincess1)
    Hey condolences after the massive wait !!!
    Thanks, I know it was almost a 5 month wait! :eek: I started getting hopeful after 4 months Oh well, I doubt I would have made the AAA anyway!!

ReputationRep:
    QM AAA Conditional offer

ReputationRep:
    QMUL - unconditional, go this one a while back in february if I remember correctly.

Durham - unconditional semi-recently

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Warwick for M108! 85% average

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KarenC.)
    Wow! You have a great set of offers!! Congratz!

ReputationRep:
    WHOA. amazing offers there! hahah. Really impressive. Congrats!!!

ReputationRep:
    Really great set of offers. What are you planning to go for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabeen)
    Wow! You have a great set of offers!! Congratz!
    (Original post by Incoherence)
    WHOA. amazing offers there! hahah. Really impressive. Congrats!!!
    (Original post by arturo291)
    Really great set of offers. What are you planning to go for?

thanks!! i was surprised too when i got my offers! I plan to firm LSE and insurance UCL..or maybe KCL..but the thing is LSE's condition is actually lower than UCL/KCL....lol

ReputationRep:
    hey!
    Well I'm still deciding which uni to pick as my firm choice, Kings or Durham, both offering AAA, but manchester is definitely my insurance with an ABB.
    I went to Durham and absolutely love the collegiate system, but king's is in the city and is more well know to foreign countries(maybe even english law firms?)

advice please, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah17clg)
    Aww thats unfortunate.. I got rejected by Kings and LSE.. both places I wanted to go Will have to settle for either SOAS or City.. and by the looks of things I'm unlikely to meet the AAA for SOAS, so its gonna be City. Meet you there in Sept Hannah!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CriminallyInsane)
    hey!
    Well I'm still deciding which uni to pick as my firm choice, Kings or Durham, both offering AAA, but manchester is definitely my insurance with an ABB.
    I went to Durham and absolutely love the collegiate system, but king's is in the city and is more well know to foreign countries(maybe even english law firms?)

advice please, anyone?
    wll both durham and kings are awesome in UK... i think it really depends on city or campus life you want to have for the 3 years of university... i dont think reputation differs a lot between the 2 nationally. well unless you are an international applicant, and you plan to find work back home, then that factor might affect your decision slightly.

personally, i had unconditionals from both durham and kings but chose kings instead, cause of the city and the fact that its more well known back home.. (im an international applicant)

ReputationRep:
    Well, I have a slight dilemma.

I can't decide between UCL or Durham as my insurance (I have an unconditional from Durham, and a very manageable offer from UCL so I'm not taking a risk). I'm pretty set on LSE as my firm - but if anyone would argue otherwise please comment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theorangecab)

I can't decide between UCL or Durham as my insurance (I have an unconditional from Durham, and a very manageable offer from UCL so I'm not taking a risk). I'm pretty set on LSE as my firm - but if anyone would argue
    otherwise please comment!
    I think there is marginal difference between the two (if any) and both are great universities for law. I would personally go for UCL, however, I really love it and that's why I might be a little biased

LSE is a good firm choice.

What other offers do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theorangecab)

I can't decide between UCL or Durham as my insurance (I have an unconditional from Durham, and a very manageable offer from UCL so I'm not taking a risk). I'm pretty set on LSE as my firm - but if anyone would argue otherwise please comment!
    I think the key difference between the two is the location, and seeing as your first choice is a uni in London (hope to see you in September by the way :gthumb:) you would probably prefer UCL. You have a while before you have to make up your mind, why don't you go visit them, just so you are sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flavity)
    Aww thats unfortunate.. I got rejected by Kings and LSE.. both places I wanted to go Will have to settle for either SOAS or City.. and by the looks of things I'm unlikely to meet the AAA for SOAS, so its gonna be City. Meet you there in Sept Hannah!

xxx
    SOAS has an amazing course, i regret not applying there. Oh well- good luck in your exams!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 1, 2010

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.