Film Fanatics Society - Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Melting Sugar.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Yeah, I'd agree with Slumdog Millionaire. Never watched Napolean Dynamite.
Don't bother if you ever have the choice between that or something else, I wanted that hour of my life back. :p:
Toby Wan Kenobi
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
Personal fave film: Pulp Fiction

Personal most overrated film: Avatar
channy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Night of the Living Dead is on iPlayer!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._Living_Dead/#
Deshi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Going to watch Inception now :sexface:
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Primer is definitely on my recommendations list.

I am Ape from 9 hours in the future by the way. :awesome:
Ape Gone Insane
Spoiler:
Show
I got the thing about Aaron being the "primer" having used the failsafe before Abe ultimately could. But Rachel's dad or whatever? How did he go back .... :iiam:
frankfranklinin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by aja89)
Top 20 Musicals:
If you ever get the chance I'd really recommend - to anyone - some other older musicals like 42nd Street, Singin' in the Rain, Funny Face, Top Hat (basically anything with Fred Astaire) even something like All That Jazz (at least watch the final song if nothing else).
The songs haven't really dated imo and the choreography and sheer talent involved still puts anything being made today to shame.
I mean honestly! This was all done completely free of cgi/props/sting/whatever. Just a freakishly talented dude.
Roobsa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
I got the thing about Aaron being the "primer" having used the failsafe before Abe ultimately could. But Rachel's dad or whatever? How did he go back .... :iiam:
Have you seen the info graphic for Primer showing all the timelines? If not I'll try dig it up a bit later. I need to watch the film again.
Ape Gone Insane
(Original post by Roobsa)
Have you seen the info graphic for Primer showing all the timelines? If not I'll try dig it up a bit later. I need to watch the film again.
I want a poster version. :awesome:

Spoiler:
Show

http://www.freeweb.hu/neuwanstein/primer_timeline.html

Ape Gone Insane
The amount of films that contain the Wilhelm Scream. :ninja:
unknownking321
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I knew posting in the IB&C section wouldn't be a great idea.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=28348969
Phalanges
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by unknownking321)

Lol. I don't know that much about finance, but aren't you essentially just asking about futures? Which is something a lot of people probably spend a lot of money trying to make obscure :p: (I learnt everything I know about futures from the film Enron: Smartest Guys in the Room, just to keep this on topic :ahee:).
unknownking321
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Phalanges)
Lol. I don't know that much about finance, but aren't you essentially just asking about futures? Which is something a lot of people probably spend a lot of money trying to make obscure :p: (I learnt everything I know about futures from the film Enron: Smartest Guys in the Room, just to keep this on topic :ahee:).
I have no idea. :iiam: to me.
Ape Gone Insane

Using the Facebook example, by the amount of internet traffic (unique visitors, page views/hits). But even that is a wild valuation
unknownking321
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Using the Facebook example, by the amount of internet traffic (unique visitors, page views/hits). But even that is a wild valuation
That's what I thought but... one unique visitor equals 1p? How much is a unique visitor/page view/page hit worth? :holmes:
Phalanges
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's what I thought but... one unique visitor equals 1p? How much is a unique visitor/page view/page hit worth? :holmes:
I would hazard a guess that it would depend on variables such as potential revenue streams, estimated growth and time to that maturity, and then reduced depending on how much risk would be involved.
Ape Gone Insane
There is no value on any visitor or hit

If a site is not monetised, then the traffic is simply an indication of potential value should it be bought and monetised in future. A bit like investing in a house which is a complete wreck. You're paying for the domain which is gaining the traffic.

Take having simple Google Adsense (small websites). 10,000 unique visitors a month - perhaps 1% clicking ads. Ad rates vary on traffic and other factors. Ads are just one small form of revenue. You could be earning $1 per click or $0.02. :iiam:

Facebook sells on our data so billions. :teeth:
elisabethbridge
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just finished watching Breakfast at Tiffany's - again. An awesome film and I watch it whenever I'm feeling lovesick. And the ending still makes me cry, everytime.
unknownking321
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There is no value on any visitor or hit

If a site is not monetised, then the traffic is simply an indication of potential value should it be bought and monetised in future. A bit like investing in a house which is a complete wreck. You're paying for the domain which is gaining the traffic.

Take having simple Google Adsense (small websites). 10,000 unique visitors a month - perhaps 1% clicking ads. Ad rates vary on traffic and other factors. Ads are just one small form of revenue. You could be earning $1 per click or $0.02. :iiam:

Facebook sells on our data so billions. :teeth:
They have very little data on me.

(Original post by Phalanges)
I would hazard a guess that it would depend on variables such as potential revenue streams, estimated growth and time to that maturity, and then reduced depending on how much risk would be involved.
Thank you fellow comrades! :chaplin:
Ape Gone Insane
Forums are generally bad sources of income compared to other types of websites (digital goods & services).
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (75)
19.43%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (156)
40.41%
Nope, not that interesting (155)
40.16%

Watched Threads