Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How are people still talking about Pogba?! It was funny to begin with but now its really taken over this thread. Come guys I'm sure you can be more imaginative than that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Fifa's piss easy anyway. 97% of the people who play it are abysmal anyway to the point I let them win games because I've been steamrolling people 8-0 :rofl:

(Original post by printergirl)
    You're a girl :holmes:

That's what losers would say
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ha don't get me wrong I'm decent at Fifa but I don't have a xbox/ps3 so I only ever play it round mates houses. I used to really enjoy it when I was 11 but tbh it is a kids game - most people are just predictable to play against. Once you master being able to scorew jew goals it gets boring.

Only reason my ex always managed to score against me so much was because he literally played FIFA 24/7 and I don't know anyone who's ever beat him. I just get bored of it after about half an hour...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    Ha don't get me wrong I'm decent at Fifa but I don't have a xbox/ps3 so I only ever play it round mates houses. I used to really enjoy it when I was 11 but tbh it is a kids game - most people are just predictable to play against. Once you master being able to scorew jew goals it gets boring.

Only reason my ex always managed to score against me so much was because he literally played FIFA 24/7 and I don't know anyone who's ever beat him. I just get bored of it after about half an hour...
    Fair enough, I have the exact same problem with my brother.
    People are terrible at the game. Just see the FIFA league thread I beat all of the people and some of the games I even had a guest on.

Has this thread sunk so low that we're talking about fifa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Arshavin will join Azerbaijani club Khazar Lankaran and will earn £400k a week becoming the highest paid footballer in the world.

Wow, can't believe that.
    That sound nuts. Highly doubt it's true. That team doesn't even play in the Russian League, something which at least Anzhi can lay claim to. It's also a well known fact that Azeri matches are decided by a naked mud wrestling matchs in place of penalty shoot outs.

I'm pretty sure one of the reason's Arshavin hasn't moved elsewhere already is his insistence on only playing for Arsenal or Zenit. Actually like the guy and still think he could have a few years of good football left in him if he finds the right club, which I don't think this Azeri outfit are tbh.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Ah man... I love this thread :banana2::banana2::banana2:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Arshavin will join Azerbaijani club Khazar Lankaran and will earn £400k a week becoming the highest paid footballer in the world.

Wow, can't believe that.
    That's nuts, although if it is true, if they're willing to offer that much for Arshavin, perhaps these kinds of ridiculous offers come in fairly often for top league players, we just don't hear about them because few players want to go. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Gotta spud arshavin, been dead for two years yet stilll manages to get a record breaking deal.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watched this Grenier bloke? Is he more likely to be the next Gervinho or the next Hazard?

ReputationRep:
    It was a Russian April fools that's just been found by someone on twitter and getting recycled the arshavin story supposedly

ReputationRep:
    Why the **** would anyone pay Arshavin 400k a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    Anyone watched this Grenier bloke? Is he more likely to be the next Gervinho or the next Hazard?
    Haha love who you chose as opposite ends of the spectrum

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Give Gervinho a ****ing chance! I remember when fans used to give Rosicky a difficult time but he's gone on to prove everyone wrong in the last few seasons. Gervinho can be something much bigger and obviously has skills but is so low on confidence- thanks to a large part to the cries and boos of the fans at every match where he doesn't score. Players like Chamakh, Squillachi, Djourou, Arshavin and Bentner are all victims of some truly fickle fans. Gervinho I think is way more skilful than either of these players but I fear he's going to turn into these 'deadwood' if we don't get behind him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Give Gervinho a ****ing chance! I remember when fans used to give Rosicky a difficult time but he's gone on to prove everyone wrong in the last few seasons. Gervinho can be something much bigger and obviously has skills but is so low on confidence- thanks to a large part to the cries and boos of the fans at every match where he doesn't score. Players like Chamakh, Squillachi, Djourou, Arshavin and Bentner are all victims of some truly fickle fans. Gervinho I think is way more skilful than either of these players but I fear he's going to turn into these 'deadwood' if we don't get behind him.
    Woah Woah woah, I have to disagree with bendtner, not a guy who lacks confidence regardless of anyone's point of view. Same goes for squillaci, very experienced when we signed him, I think he was part of Monaco's champions league final side against mourinho's Porto, he can't use a lack of backing as an excuse. I'd agree chamakh and arshavin could have benefited from some more support though and while I don't dislike djourou, I don't think he was that great a defender and for fans he highlighted the drop in quality we've seen over the last few years, so perhaps frustrations were unloaded onto him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)
    Woah Woah woah, I have to disagree with bendtner, not a guy who lacks confidence regardless of anyone's point of view. Same goes for squillaci, very experienced when we signed him, I think he was part of Monaco's champions league final side against mourinho's Porto, he can't use a lack of backing as an excuse. I'd agree chamakh and arshavin could have benefited from some more support though and while I don't dislike djourou, I don't think he was that great a defender and for fans he highlighted the drop in quality we've seen over the last few years, so perhaps frustrations were unloaded onto him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Regardless, I fail to see how taking the piss out of a player at every opportunity is helpful for the development of the player. It can be funny in the moment but you need realise that it always plays in the back of the player's head and when there is an open goal, expect Gervinho to miss because he's going to get stick at the next match anyway. Remember how well he started the season? Anyway I just thought it was worth pointing out that Gervinho is far more better than he is given credit for

ReputationRep:
    Just heard of the Arshavin 'rumour', gotta laugh at that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Given him plenty of chances mate. He's had two seasons now and is still as ineffectual as ever, despite Wenger persisting with him. Even if you look at his performances before coming to Arsenal he frustrated Lille fans with his bad decisions and wayward shooting. Difference is he had much more space to play with in the French league than in the Premiership, hence the better stats. Same is true of the ACoN. This is not a player who will win you trophies. I cant think of a clearer example of this than when he let defenders take a penalty before him in the ACoN final then bottled it when he eventually had to step up.

Rosicky was always a much more talented player than Gervinho anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Lol so we aren't in for David Villa anymore?

ReputationRep:
    Given him plenty of chances mate. He's had two seasons now and is still as ineffectual as ever, despite Wenger persisting with him. Even if you look at his performances before coming to Arsenal he frustrated Lille fans with his bad decisions and wayward shooting. Difference is he had much more space to play with in the French league than in the Premiership, hence the better stats. Same is true of the ACoN. This is not a player who will win you trophies. I cant think of a clearer example of this than when he let defenders take a penalty before him in the ACoN final then bottled it when he eventually had to step up.

Rosicky was always a much more talented player than Gervinho anyway.
    I reckon he's pretty decent as a squad player. His main issue from the 11/12 season was the inability to score which he improved on during last season jumping up from 4 goals in 34, to 7 goals in 26. Now his main issue seems to be the inability to think ahead with him tearing off head down into 4 defenders. Hopefully he can improve on that over the coming season and with him being 25 he still has a year or 2 until his prime years so fingers crossed. He has good ball control and pace and on his day is a real problem for any defender so there's no reason Wenger shouldn't give him a bench seat for 12 more months and if there's no improvement then we can shift him in Jan or next summer.

ReputationRep:
    Any news about Arsenal? Everything is so quiet. ..

ReputationRep:
    Gervinho is one of the best at getting into those scoring positions but we get frustrated with him because he cant finish anything off. Tbh he's good enough to be a squad player next year because we can play him against weaker teams next year to rest the better players. IMO if he didn't get those chances, he would probably be less frustrating as giroud or podolski can't do that

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.