Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sultanofswing)
    ph cool! I have an interview there on the 20th January! How long was the day as I need to book my travel and what was the itinerary of the day?
    The day was about 3.5hrs long!

The itinerary was as the email from the admissions office states. A group exercise, a 2 min presentation, an interview and a written exercise.

Everyone was really nice and the faculty looks amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jill14)
    Great to hear there are more of us I had applied to Roehampton and Brighton. Roehampton was OK, not banking on getting in, everyone seemed to be highly experienced. Brighton went quite well, the interviewer was possibly the nicest most reassuring man I have ever met. Worried about UEL tomorrow because of the maths task...it's been nine years since my leaving cert so i'm quite rusty!!

Where have you applied to? Have you heard anything back/ any interviews lined up?? Best of luck with everything anyway
    Oh very good...well done you i hear the competition to get into Roehampton is fairly tough but fingers crossed for you ! I had wanted to apply there but when i emailed them they basically said no to me there and then I don't have UK state school experience, just school experience at home! Do you have UK experience?

I've applied to St. Mary's, Cambridge and Greenwich...I have interviews for St. Mary's and Cambridge but still waiting to hear back from Greenwich which is annoying cause I'm already having to make two trips over one before and one after Christmas! I'd like to know where I stand so I could try and do Cambridge and Greenwich all in the one trip after Christmas!

Believe me, I know how you feel about maths...my LC was 5 years ago...so we're in a similar situation! There's a maths test at St. Mary's too but hopefully they'll be easy enough! I actually know a teacher here in Ireland who trained at UEL and she had all good things to say about it You're a pro at interviews now after your first two so you'll do great on the morrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutebat)
    11th Dec have you got one at St Mary's?
    Good luck for tomorrow, let me know how it goes I now have one at St Marys for next week the day after my Roehampton one and I have my skills tests on Sat, busy busy busy!

ReputationRep:
    Guys who've had interviews - how long in total was your day? I know someone above has said 3.5 hrs but what about at other unis/subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darren2811)
    Congrats that is brilliant!! good luck for both of them

Strathclyde emailed me on Friday and offered me an interview for my other subject so i'm happy My Glasgow is the 16th and my Strathclyde is the 17th lol
    aw nice that's so close!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madl24903)
    The day was about 3.5hrs long!

The itinerary was as the email from the admissions office states. A group exercise, a 2 min presentation, an interview and a written exercise.

Everyone was really nice and the faculty looks amazing!
    Which colleges have you applied to? With mine being so far they said they would send the information two weeks before but its not very handy when you are trying to book travel!

How did it go? When do you find out if you are successful?

ReputationRep:
    this has probably been asked many times, but what exactly do I need to print off as proof of my application for the skills tests? I haven't got my welcome letter because it is at my parents address, and wont have time to get it before my literacy skills test tomorrow. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Guys who've had interviews - how long in total was your day? I know someone above has said 3.5 hrs but what about at other unis/subjects?
    Mine was 4 hours - 8:30 til 12:30

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey are you going to Roehampton for Wednesday next week? That's when my interview is too!

Hows your presentation prep going?

(Original post by andrea199)
    Good luck for tomorrow, let me know how it goes I now have one at St Marys for next week the day after my Roehampton one and I have my skills tests on Sat, busy busy busy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo_Marie)
    Hey are you going to Roehampton for Wednesday next week? That's when my interview is too!

Hows your presentation prep going?
    No I have Roehampton Monday, St Mary's Tuesday. Ye ive got that pretty much sorted its just the educational issues which is taking a while to know enough to be able to talk confidently about them ! How's yours going ?
    x
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    IoE science was about 3 hours.

ReputationRep:
    I am so impressed with how speedy they are once you can finally pay and submit. I had an acknowledgement email from one of my choices within an hour of submitting and a phone call from another to confirm that I wanted the unsalaried school direct rather than salaried.

ReputationRep:
    Just completed my skills tests and amazingly passed the numeracy one!
    I honestly was so, so shocked and frustrated by it. A good majority of the types of question were not sampled anything I've been using to practice with, I was flummoxed by several and didn't manage to answer quite a lot of the mental ones. As a result I was sure I had failed just ten minutes or so in, and was tempted to just up and leave - I was the only one in the centre so could have done without much issue. The lady who was controlling it all was lovely though, and the only reason I stayed was because I know she would have been disappointed if I had disqualified myself. Hah. It's really unlike me to 'give up' and I'm amazed I almost did. Thankfully, I didn't, because somehow I managed to pass. I can only imagine it was by one heavenly point. :3 Phew.

If anyone wants any answers on the format or setup of the tests I'm happy to answer (so long as I don't get scolded by a mod of course).

(Original post by crm)
    this has probably been asked many times, but what exactly do I need to print off as proof of my application for the skills tests? I haven't got my welcome letter because it is at my parents address, and wont have time to get it before my literacy skills test tomorrow. Thanks!
    If you go to your UCAS application, along the sidebar where you have already seen 'references / education / personal statement' etc categories to fill in, there is near the bottom a 'Print Form' option. I just chose that, printed the 12 pages of the application in total. The lady in the centre took one glance at one page to confirm it was 'gttr' official and that was that.

Don't forget two forms of ID! A signed debit/credit card counts as one. I didn't realise you had to have two for sure. I had my passport but my daft bank card isn't signed, so I almost wasn't allowed to take the tests. Managed to pull out my railcard from the depths of my bag, which she accepted. Obviously if you're a driver it's an easy answer though.

ReputationRep:
    As soon I posted that, I remember We had already spoken about this lol

Educational issues is tricky one isn't it, I half wonder whether I know enough, and yet of what I do know, I've been remembering names of people who have spoke about it or given opinions... I think I run the risk of over preparing so come 8 this evening, I'm not going to look at anything else. Tomorrow I'll do a quick read through of my notes, and go..... If St Marys won't have me, I'm sure someone will!!!? I JUST REALLY WANT IT!!

Lol, best of luck for next week, I would have been at the Monday one for Roehampton but it clashed! I'm glad for the time in between so I can practice delivery of my object, which I finished making last night!!

X

(Original post by andrea199)
    No I have Roehampton Monday, St Mary's Tuesday. Ye ive got that pretty much sorted its just the educational issues which is taking a while to know enough to be able to talk confidently about them ! How's yours going ?
    x

ReputationRep:
    Well done on the numeracy!!

what topics came up the most assuming you can say.....

X

(Original post by awe)
    Just completed my skills tests and amazingly passed the numeracy one!
    I honestly was so, so shocked and frustrated by it. A good majority of the types of question were not sampled anything I've been using to practice with, I was flummoxed by several and didn't manage to answer quite a lot of the mental ones. As a result I was sure I had failed just ten minutes or so in, and was tempted to just up and leave - I was the only one in the centre so could have done without much issue. The lady who was controlling it all was lovely though, and the only reason I stayed was because I know she would have been disappointed if I had disqualified myself. Hah. It's really unlike me to 'give up' and I'm amazed I almost did. Thankfully, I didn't, because somehow I managed to pass. I can only imagine it was by one heavenly point. :3 Phew.

If anyone wants any answers on the format or setup of the tests I'm happy to answer (so long as I don't get scolded by a mod of course).

If you go to your UCAS application, along the sidebar where you have already seen 'references / education / personal statement' etc categories to fill in, there is near the bottom a 'Print Form' option. I just chose that, printed the 12 pages of the application in total. The lady in the centre took one glance at one page to confirm it was 'gttr' official and that was that.

Don't forget two forms of ID! A signed debit/credit card counts as one. I didn't realise you had to have two for sure. I had my passport but my daft bank card isn't signed, so I almost wasn't allowed to take the tests. Managed to pull out my railcard from the depths of my bag, which she accepted. Obviously if you're a driver it's an easy answer though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sultanofswing)
    Which colleges have you applied to? With mine being so far they said they would send the information two weeks before but its not very handy when you are trying to book travel!

How did it go? When do you find out if you are successful?
    I've applied for Homerton (which is literally next door to the faculty) and Jesus college (which looks like a little castle! ).

It went well, I felt challenged but I loved every second of it. There's a Nandos nearby to recharge the batteries lol. We were told we should find out in 2 weeks time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo_Marie)
    Well done on the numeracy!!

what topics came up the most assuming you can say.....

X
    Well there were fewer questions that involved rapid simplifying, at least compared to everything I've been looking at. It's really hard to remember specifically because it all disappears from your mind so quickly, you're onto the next question instantly after all. As to be expected, revising percentages thoroughly will be useful. A few of the issues were definitely my own and I was just being bothered by the phrasing, which is stupid of me... but I would say the best thing to revise is simply your understanding of what procedures need to be used as swiftly as possible, so identifying immediately what you need to do. Which is probably a really obvious thing, however even though I thought I wasn't *too* bad at it, in the moment I wasted a lot of time having to go back on myself.
    I do think with enough practise and revision it should be fine. I did not put aside enough revision time, simple as that. Thankfully I scraped by but I don't take it much as a result of any sort of cleverness on my part because of the struggle. Was too close for comfort for sure.
    /possibly sorry mods, really can't tell what's OTT and what's safe...

ReputationRep:
    Oh OK I think I half expect all that you've said, it is often the phrasing, the time it takes to get your head round what they actually ask?!

So is that it for you now, or do you have any other interviews to go to?
    (Original post by awe)
    Well there were fewer questions that involved rapid simplifying, at least compared to everything I've been looking at. It's really hard to remember specifically because it all disappears from your mind so quickly, you're onto the next question instantly after all. As to be expected, revising percentages thoroughly will be useful. A few of the issues were definitely my own and I was just being bothered by the phrasing, which is stupid of me... but I would say the best thing to revise is simply your understanding of what procedures need to be used as swiftly as possible, so identifying immediately what you need to do. Which is probably a really obvious thing, however even though I thought I wasn't *too* bad at it, in the moment I wasted a lot of time having to go back on myself.
    I do think with enough practise and revision it should be fine. I did not put aside enough revision time, simple as that. Thankfully I scraped by but I don't take it much as a result of any sort of cleverness on my part because of the struggle. Was too close for comfort for sure.
    /possibly sorry mods, really can't tell what's OTT and what's safe...

ReputationRep:
    Had my St Mary's interview today - it was a really good day and I think it went well, I got a very positive feeling from the place (fingers crossed!)

Now just to wait and see - they said we should hear within 5 days so it's all very quick!

ReputationRep:
    Well done for passing! My numeracy was more common sense than maths a lot of the time so flew through it. Just glad it is out the way!

Not had any acknowledgement of my application yet, but hopefully by the end of the week I will have word. Not too nervous waiting, probably because there isn't much I can do while I wait other than keep up to date with education news and think up presentation ideas for potential interviews!

Can't believe December is going so quickly, too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.