Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel505)
    I havnt received any offers yet and I am an international applicant :/
    Awhh, I'm really sorry to hear that. They probably haven't given any international offers yet. You could try emailing if you haven't heard before mid next week. All the best

ReputationRep:
    when wa syour your interiew? Mine was on 18th Feb, international student, no news ? is it a good news??

ReputationRep:
    Anyone A101 applicants heard anything post-interview? No rejections yet? My interview went terribly so not expecting much...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    Who else is still waiting?
    Been waiting since the first interview date ;____;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinuviel)
    Been waiting since the first interview date ;____;
    SAME (I think )

11th december wooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    SAME (I think )

11th december wooo

Have you received any other offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinuviel)
    Have you received any other offers yet?
    Yeah, I've been really fortunate From Edinburgh and Leeds!

ReputationRep:
    This isn't strictly relevant but...
    Is it stupid to firm and insure 2 offer of AAA even though my predictions are only AAA and there's a chance (hopefully a small ish one) that I won't make the grades? Should I put my back up course as my insurance with AAB grades? How lenient are schools like Leicester with grades?

I have no idea what to do argh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    BOOM - rejected.

Oh well; the only good thing about Leicester for me were the new Med buildings we mightn't even get to use much and the student union building. They were great.

ReputationRep:
    got rejected today from Leicester, fortunately I have an offer that i'm very happy with! I think leicester looks like a fantastic place to study so well done to all with offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spangie)
    Is it stupid to firm and insure 2 offer of AAA even though my predictions are only AAA and there's a chance (hopefully a small ish one) that I won't make the grades? Should I put my back up course as my insurance with AAB grades? How lenient are schools like Leicester with grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd say it depends on how passionate you are to do medicine. Obviously if you dropped a grade your hope would be that they might still allow you in but, if not, would you consider retaking that subject and attempting a reapplication or would you put medicine behind you? If you accept your back-up course and then miss the medicine grade you will actually have to do your back up course (UCAS don't look kindly upon anyone who reneges upon their confirmed options). Trying to second-guess the admissions team is really tricky: I would guess that there will be large numbers of people with no offers but who did well enough at interview (just missing out on an offer) and then go on to get their A's so they may opt to offer them a last-minute place if numbers are down. I'd say it's impossible to guess so your 'tactics' should be very much about what you would want to do if you actually miss a grade...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spangie)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Personally I decided to withdraw from my non-med backup and I'm just gonna do a firm and insurance as med choices as there have been a few examples of insurance choices letting near misses in!!

I'm only about 75% sure I'll get AAA, but I've decided to opt for the "I'll cross that bridge if/when I come to it" kind of stance

ReputationRep:
    Still no news for us poor old doddery grads then..
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiSpi)
    Still no news for us poor old doddery grads then..

If you class us as old and doddery now, what will we be like after 4 years of med school? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amyk89)
    If you class us as old and doddery now, what will we be like after 4 years of med school? :P
    If I make it too med school? A very happy pensioner I hope... Haha
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiSpi)
    If I make it too med school? A very happy pensioner I hope... Haha
    You will! Pensioner? Lol we won't be retiring till we're 90!!!! We'll be hobbling onto the wards!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Gin)
    I'd say it depends on how passionate you are to do medicine. Obviously if you dropped a grade your hope would be that they might still allow you in but, if not, would you consider retaking that subject and attempting a reapplication or would you put medicine behind you? If you accept your back-up course and then miss the medicine grade you will actually have to do your back up course (UCAS don't look kindly upon anyone who reneges upon their confirmed options). Trying to second-guess the admissions team is really tricky: I would guess that there will be large numbers of people with no offers but who did well enough at interview (just missing out on an offer) and then go on to get their A's so they may opt to offer them a last-minute place if numbers are down. I'd say it's impossible to guess so your 'tactics' should be very much about what you would want to do if you actually miss a grade...
    Nah thats not true its dead easy to with draw your application you do not have to do you back up course at all. i did it last year i recieved no offers for medicine so firmed my back because it was a confort to have something there. It telos you what to do on ucas you just send an emaul to the university and its done its fine! If you were to miss a grade i think its very possible for you to get a place on something else through clearing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hl7495)
    Nah thats not true its dead easy to with draw your application you do not have to do you back up course at all. i did it last year i recieved no offers for medicine so firmed my back because it was a confort to have something there. It telos you what to do on ucas you just send an emaul to the university and its done its fine! If you were to miss a grade i think its very possible for you to get a place on something else through clearing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well that's good to know although I heard the opposite from someone today so maybe they were just suggesting that they would lose the possibility of sneaking in to their med choice on low grades if they had already been accepted to their insurance choice...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Gin)
    Well that's good to know although I heard the opposite from someone today so maybe they were just suggesting that they would lose the possibility of sneaking in to their med choice on low grades if they had already been accepted to their insurance choice...
    I can imagine that is true also i think when unis look to give extra offers out they look at people who arent holding any offers, i recieved an email od one uni satig this last year and whether they mean any medd offers of any offers at all is very ambiguous when decisions are made on results day it does seem priority is given to those with no offers this is all assumption so please nobody make a dexision bases on me haha but yeah withdrawing is fine i even got a lovely email of the department to say that the offer would still stand if i reapplied to them again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same here. I'm waiting replies from 3 universities. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.