Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I feel like SUCH an idiot!

I felt my CMS application was VERY strong, but got rejected.

Today, when I was going through my application emails, it turns out that I didn't complete the CMS WG test because I took their email to be a simple acknowledgement email, ergo rejection. FML

SOMEBODY SHOOT ME!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xLittleMissyx)
    I had a similar experience! Didn't finish the analysis and my maths was a bit sloppy considering I hadn't looked at maths since GCSE haha! Probably took the wrong approach but wouldn't have called it a disaster :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohhh don't worry! Everyone at my interview found the maths tough! There was so much! I kinda abandoned it at one point to just focus on analysis!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScroogeHumbug)
    I feel like SUCH an idiot!

I felt my CMS application was VERY strong, but got rejected.

Today, when I was going through my application emails, it turns out that I didn't complete the CMS WG test because I took their email to be a simple acknowledgement email, ergo rejection. FML

SOMEBODY SHOOT ME!
    Ohhhh no! That is so rough! At least if you ever apply to them again for a TC or whatever you'll expect it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canoepop)
    Ohhhh no! That is so rough! At least if you ever apply to them again for a TC or whatever you'll expect it?
    It does suck. I am defo going to apply again. Silver lining is that I have a completed and well researched TC application. Although I will change a few things.

Does CMS do early TC interviews like some other firms? Or are they all in August?

ReputationRep:
    PFO from Linklaters Monday last week

Still nothing from HSF, Weil and MMS

ReputationRep:
    Reed Smith offer!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JF-7)
    Ah, same here minus the phone call! Good luck for the interview.
    Cheers! Hopefully you will hear back soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseh92)
    Competency based interview, tour around the office with a trainee and a presentation. Really great firm! Will hear back in March, fingers crossed!
    Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    just did my mishcon de reya video interview. i dont know how to feel how it went but so far i've been rejected from the places i've done a video interview (DWF, KWM) so not really feeling confident

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IValkov)
    When is your interview, if you do not mind me asking? Mine is tomorrow.
    Hi. Mine is Thursday!

Apologies for the late reply! How did yours go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almvp)
    when did you submit your application and when did u get invited to interview?
    Hi. I applied on the 23rd Jan and was asked to complete the tests on 30th and completed them on the 1st Feb. I was invited to interview on the 12th.

Hope that is of some help!

ReputationRep:
    Question, I was just wondering, firms like it when you tailor an answer to their firm, how would you tailor a generic 'why law?' question to a firm when the proceeding question is why them specifically?
    I've always read the 'why law?' question as 'why the type of law this firm practices?' So I would start generally and then narrow it down to my reasons for wanting to practice commercial law for example. If the firm is particularly niche I may narrow it down even further, e.g. Why IP/Shipping/Insolvency etc.

That way you're able to come across as having done your research and not being guilty of copy-pasting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Gibson Dunn yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawyer20)
    Still waiting after the Watson-Glasser test for twobirds. Anyone heard anything?
    Nooope, absolutely nothing. Been ages now ...

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting to hear from Taylor Wessing, Baker & McKenzie, White & Case, Bristows, Travers Smith and Two Birds WG. Am I crazy thinking it takes this long?Has anyone heard from these firms or been given offers? I have a heart attack every time my phone goes off. Also does anyone have any tips for Dentons London Interview???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelscott111)
    Still waiting to hear from Taylor Wessing, Baker & McKenzie, White & Case, Bristows, Travers Smith and Two Birds WG. Am I crazy thinking it takes this long?Has anyone heard from these firms or been given offers? I have a heart attack every time my phone goes off. Also does anyone have any tips for Dentons London Interview???
    Bird & Bird, I do not think anyone has heard yet post-WG.

W&C, I am starting to feel it's a PFO. They sent out video interviews last week and someone from this forum received a video interview despite applying on deadline day.

B&M, they're still working through applications and some people have had ACs. However the general mood is that if you have't got a link to the WG test by this Friday, then it might be a PFO.

Travers Smith, a LOT of people on this forum have had interviews. My hopes for myself are low given that I applied mid-Jan. I hope you do better though!

Bristows & Taylor, I have not applied to them so I am unaware.

Note: I realise this post makes me look extremely pessimistic.

ReputationRep:
    Bird & Bird, I do not think anyone has heard yet post-WG.

W&C, I am starting to feel it's a PFO. They sent out video interviews last week and someone from this forum received a video interview despite applying on deadline day.

B&M, they're still working through applications and some people have had ACs. However the general mood is that if you have't got a link to the WG test by this Friday, then it might be a PFO.

Travers Smith, a LOT of people on this forum have had interviews. My hopes for myself are low given that I applied mid-Jan. I hope you do better though!

Bristows & Taylor, I have not applied to them so I am unaware.

Note: I realise this post makes me look extremely pessimistic.
    I sent in most of the applications near or on deadline day so maybe they are just rolling through as the applications came in. B&M says I've been 'contacted' but I definitely haven't. We'll see I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone from BPP heard from AG on the Access to Law scheme? I applied on 27 Jan but haven't heard anything yet. May as well make it a hat trick of PFOs :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from Eversheds London? I applied mid-Jan and its been more than two weeks after the deadline?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by np2807)
    To those waiting on Boodle hatfield… i just logged onto my cvmail thing by chance and saw an invite to a Skype interview which was sent on the 13th that i never got any email or anything about! so worth logging into that if you applied!
    Do you mind if I ask when you applied? (:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.