He's trolling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I know, I was trying to indirectly make him admit it
    Spoiler:
    Show
    pssh, taking the fun away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordyP)
    I'm getting really worried as my college STILL haven't sent off my application despite me sending them my bit last week!!!

Sameeeeeee!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by somnacin)
    Yes I know, I was trying to indirectly make him admit it
    Spoiler:
    Show
    pssh, taking the fun away
    LOOOOOL, my bad, didn't realise you were baiting him!! I'll admit, you sounded quite serious in that post, well done. hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Hey there! Anyone applying from bonny Scotland? Sent off my application last week for Biochemistry at St John's.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by JennieRDS)
    Hey there! Anyone applying from bonny Scotland? Sent off my application last week for Biochemistry at St John's.
    Me! It's a slightly messed up situation though, seeing as I'm doing A-levels this year instead, after a not so great year in Advanced Higher - due to several mitigating circumstances.

Which subjects are you doing atm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone how competitive I'll be I'm an American student applying from Singapore. I'm applying for PPE at Balliol.ACT with Writing Composite Score: 34AP Scores:5- Physics B5- Calculus AB5- Macroeconomics5- Microeconomics5- Comparative Government5- US History5- Human Geography4- Chemistry4- Statistics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennieRDS)
    me, applying for medicine at St. Hugh's what part of scotland?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to state you have registered for the TSA somewhere on UCAS? Or will that be assumed anyways?

Also, in 'choices' when you have selected a course, there is a box called 'further details' to be filled in if you are applying for a 'combined degree'. What do they mean? I'm applying for PPE... The exact text; "Only complete this information if it is requested within the UCAS search tool or in the university or college prospectus. If you are applying for a combined degree, you will need to list the subjects that you intend to study."

EDIT: I sure hope I didn't need to do this.... Bc I've sent my application now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bcmh)
    Biochem application sent off!😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by karate-kid)
    Same
    (Original post by megrostron)
    And me!
    (Original post by vildeung)
    Woho I'm applying biochem at Brasenose! Which college did you choose?
    (Original post by Pcabezas)
    I have just sent the application for Biochemistry (Without choosing any college)

Best of luck to everyone!
    I've just graduated from Biochemistry this summer so thought I'd say hi. If you have any more questions feel free to drop me a PM or quote me on here. Hope your applications go well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bcmh)
    Chose Worcester in the end!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice! If you don't mind, how are your grades? :--)

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone.
    Got 7A* 4A in my GCSE's from a school with 38% pass rate. Was predicted 4As at AS however due to family issues I got severe anxiety around exam period which affected my performance and I got 4Bs. I would have otherwise got 4As.

I do maths bio chem and did English lit last year which I have dropped this year. I've applied to Keble to do biological sciences and I am predicted 3As. The entrance requirements are A*AA however. My college have written a seperate letter to keble explaining the family issues and my grades/predicted grades, and that I could have achieved their entrance requirements this year if I didn't face the issues I did last year.

Without the right predicted grades but with the letter (and a really good reference), do I still have a chance? I went on the summer school and it was absolutely amazing and I would love to study there so much ahh I just hope I'm not wasting an application.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Scarle)
    Hi everyone.
    Got 7A* 4A in my GCSE's from a school with 38% pass rate. Was predicted 4As at AS however due to family issues I got severe anxiety around exam period which affected my performance and I got 4Bs. I would have otherwise got 4As.

I do maths bio chem and did English lit last year which I have dropped this year. I've applied to Keble to do biological sciences and I am predicted 3As. The entrance requirements are A*AA however. My college have written a seperate letter to keble explaining the family issues and my grades/predicted grades, and that I could have achieved their entrance requirements this year if I didn't face the issues I did last year.

Without the right predicted grades but with the letter (and a really good reference), do I still have a chance? I went on the summer school and it was absolutely amazing and I would love to study there so much ahh I just hope I'm not wasting an application.
    Yes, you have a chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oakflame)
    Oooh Worcester, me too :beer: For which course?
    And meeee *high fives*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In case somebody is waiting for an email from the college or really any email:
    I was on the phone yesterday with the Admissions Officer at Merton (who was super nice/called because LSE wanted additional info and I wanted to check whether its ok forOxford) and she said that she did not yet have any applications.
    So the only email that you will receive is an automated one by the uni, not from a college.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    We'd like to wish everyone applying to Oxford this year the very best of luck.

The emphasis for us now switches to administering applications between now and the end of December. We will periodically check the forums and post replies if we think it is helpful to do so but our attention will be directed elsewhere for much of this period.

If you have a query relating to your application, we would ask that you take it up with the College handling your admission. If that College is Brasenose, please contact us using the details provided in the email acknowledgement when it is received. We would like to emphasise that we can't provide private advice to candidates via messages sent through TSR since it would not be fair to do so.

Thanks for all the queries sent to us or posted on the Forum. We learned a lot about how students view the Oxford application process reading them and when we reflect on this admissions cycle we will update some of our own processes, drawing on this information.

If you have an admissions test coming up, we hope things go well for you on the day.

Brasenose Admissions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrasenoseAdm)
    We'd like to wish everyone applying to Oxford this year the very best of luck.

The emphasis for us now switches to administering applications between now and the end of December. We will periodically check the forums and post replies if we think it is helpful to do so but our attention will be directed elsewhere for much of this period.

If you have a query relating to your application, we would ask that you take it up with the College handling your admission. If that College is Brasenose, please contact us using the details provided in the email acknowledgement you have received. We would like to emphasise that we can't provide private advice to candidates via messages sent through TSR since it would not be fair to do so.

Thanks for all the queries sent to us or posted on the Forum. We learned a lot about how students view the Oxford application process reading them and when we reflect on this admissions cycle we will update some of our own processes, drawing on this information.

If you have an admissions test coming up, we hope things go well for you on the day.

Brasenose Admissions
    Although I have not applied to Brasenose, I wanted to ask whether Colleges have begun sending acknowledgements, as I have only received one from the University.

Thank you very much for you help.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Msachdeva789)
    Although I have not applied to Brasenose, I wanted to ask whether Colleges have begun sending acknowledgements, as I have only received one from the University.

Thank you very much for you help.
    We are sending acknowledgements out after the UCAS deadline with instructions about written work (if applicable) and other aspects of the application process.

ReputationRep:
    Guyssss, I don't know what to do! I sent the application 1 minute late at 18:01. The ✅ thing wouldn't appear next to the statement. Do you think they will still accept? I don't care about other unis, will Oxford still accept. I shaking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by narine2014)
    Guyssss, I don't know what to do! I sent the application 1 minute late at 18:01. The ✅ thing wouldn't appear next to the statement. Do you think they will still accept? I don't care about other unis, will Oxford still accept. I shaking
    Did you referee send it off then? Did you get an email from UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mufc98)
    Hi Guys I was just wondering what you think my chances of getting accepted are (be as harsh/critical as possible)
    I am going to be applying for economics with predicted grades A*AA (A* in maths, As in physics/ economics), although i think i am capable of getting an A* in economics aswell.
    AS results
    Maths A
    C1 87/100
    C2 86/100
    M1 62/100
    Economics A
    Unit 1; 77/100
    Unit 2 84/100
    Physics B
    Unit 1: 84/120
    Unit 2: 86/120
    Unit 3 (Coursework): 48/60
    Further Maths B
    S1 84/100
    D1; 72/100
    FP1: 66/100

GCSE: 8A*2A
    Honestly, your GCSE results are great! Your AS levels are not the strongest - in my school you wouldn't be predicted an A* in Maths. Smashing the TSA will greatly improve your chances so try and do that!

Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.