Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    So the cup winners are better than the League champs. When was the last time that happened?

(Oh, the last time man city shipped three goals was when they scored six. )
    are you referring to when they beat you 6-3 last season?

because if you are, i'm pretty sure we beat city 3-2 at anfield more recently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    So the cup winners are better than the League champs. When was the last time that happened?

(Oh, the last time man city shipped three goals was when they scored six. )
    09, Chelsea beat United

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    are you referring to when they beat you 6-3 last season?

because if you are, i'm pretty sure we beat city 3-2 at anfield more recently
    Liverpool are hopeless without Suarez. It's only a matter of time till we laugh at your suffering during your dog fight for 5th place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallMeJay)
    Liverpool are hopeless without Suarez. It's only a matter of time till we laugh at your suffering during your dog fight for 5th place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    this has literally got to be the poorest baiting attempt i have ever seen.
    i'm a little embarassed for you :/

ReputationRep:
    rewatchin that giroud goal, was that **** even a deflection, i actually cant tell no mo.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    rewatchin that giroud goal, was that **** even a deflection, i actually cant tell no mo.
    Nope it wasn't a deflection. It was pure un-Giroud like skill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    this has literally got to be the poorest baiting attempt i have ever seen.
    i'm a little embarassed for you :/
    Cool story.

Fatigue will be the fall of your club.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cool story.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    but they bought Lambert :dontknow:

Superstar England International Striker

ReputationRep:
    Cool story.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    makes no sense, but i'll give you room to explain.

ReputationRep:
    The burning question is which one is the more exciting prospect for next season, Ozil or Sanchez?

If both are on form I'd go with Ozil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    The burning question is which one is the more exciting prospect for next season, Ozil or Sanchez?

Ozil will be a beast with runners and physically strong players around him, great system player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

Ozil..

If the team stays fit he will be tearing it up.

ramsey + sanchez + Walcott + Sanogo + Campbell etc.

all making runs infront of him.. and giving him balls to play.. it could be epic.

ReputationRep:
    No Sanogo, no party

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good win today. Team performance.

Think that Alexis Sanchez I saw at Barca, the one wasting simple passes and the inconsistent **** being unable to finish simple chances is the one we'll see at Arsenal though. But a system player nonetheless. Helps with pace and can get goals.

Was disappointed with Sanchez today. So many times City were short of cover and players running at them at pace and Sanchez wasting easy passes. He should have scored when one on one vs Caballero.

Anyway as seen already from here. I dislike Sanchez and think he'll be under real scrutiny this season. Ozil level scrutiny. Ozil will do well this season tho but will have a month or two when he's **** and low on confidence again.

ReputationRep:
    Everybody be mirin Alexis

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Warwick, Kings, QMUL & Newcastle..

I'm applying for post grad though lol

Where have you applied to? Did you apply for med?
    Only just saw this ... got lost with all the match stuff. Nice choices ... I loved newcastle when I visited but my ukcat was too low so I didn't apply- its my biomed 5th though. Yeah I applied for undergraduate med at sheffiled st andrews, leicester. I have an offer from cardiff really hoping I got the grades.. so nervous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Good win today. Team performance.

Think that Alexis Sanchez I saw at Barca, the one wasting simple passes and the inconsistent **** being unable to finish simple chances is the one we'll see at Arsenal though. But a system player nonetheless. Helps with pace and can get goals.

Was disappointed with Sanchez today. So many times City were short of cover and players running at them at pace and Sanchez wasting easy passes. He should have scored when one on one vs Caballero.

Anyway as seen already from here. I dislike Sanchez and think he'll be under real scrutiny this season. Ozil level scrutiny. Ozil will do well this season tho but will have a month or two when he's **** and low on confidence again.
    You do realise Alexis is not: a) fully fit, b) is not yet accustomed to his surrounding (does not speak English so looks a bit secluded at times) c) does not have Ozil/Walcott playing with him, who are two of the most effective players for our system.

A inconsistent Alexis will still be a useful player in the short-term, look at Gervinho and the impact he had, Alexis played like forehead today but he will improve when he's fully fit and learns the language. Look at the way Arteta put an arm round him helping him feel comfortable.

Alexis hasn't even played his first league game and mans saying this, I can see him burying Palace with another week of training behind him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    You do realise Alexis is not: a) fully fit, b) is not yet accustomed to his surrounding (does not speak English so looks a bit secluded at times) c) does not have Ozil/Walcott playing with him, who are two of the most effective players for our system.

A inconsistent Alexis will still be a useful player in the short-term, look at Gervinho and the impact he had, Alexis played like forehead today but he will improve when he's fully fit and learns the language. Look at the way Arteta put an arm round him helping him feel comfortable.

Alexis hasn't even played his first league game and mans saying this, I can see him burying Palace with another week of training behind him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When did I say that Alexis wouldn't be useful? I said he's a system player, got good pace and can get goals which means he's clearly of use. That's it really the guys composure in front of goal is pretty average, i know people will point out to the highlight reels where he scores absolute worldies and world cup but the amount of sitters i see this guy miss or him dribbling past 3 players and messing up a simple pass is amazing. It may be down to him being a direct player and looking for that pass but for a Barca player you'd think he'd be better playing through balls.

I dislike Sanchez and think that a guy who had two **** seasons at barca then just gets one good year and a world cup to increase his hype ain't the man imo. Could prove me wrong I guess but doubt he will. Better than Theo, but I've made my feelings about Theo clear here already. useful player but do not think he should be starting for a team like Arsenal who have title ambitions when teams like Bayern and Madrid have Robben and Bale there. I guess Sanchez is a step towards that direction though.

Would go as far to say that Sterling would have a better season than Sanchez if both are fit the whole season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    When did I say that Alexis wouldn't be useful? I said he's a system player, got good pace and can get goals which means he's clearly of use. That's it really the guys composure in front of goal is pretty average, i know people will point out to the highlight reels where he scores absolute worldies and world cup but the amount of sitters i see this guy miss or him dribbling past 3 players and messing up a simple pass is amazing. It may be down to him being a direct player and looking for that pass but for a Barca player you'd think he'd be better playing through balls.

I dislike Sanchez and think that a guy who had two **** seasons at barca then just gets one good year and a world cup to increase his hype ain't the man imo. Could prove me wrong I guess but doubt he will. Better than Theo, but I've made my feelings about Theo clear here already. useful player but do not think he should be starting for a team like Arsenal who have title ambitions when teams like Bayern and Madrid have Robben and Bale there. I guess Sanchez is a step towards that direction though.

Would go as far to say that Sterling would have a better season than Sanchez if both are fit the whole season.
    Barca had Messi, Iniesta and Cesc who had that role, to thread in through passes, and he doesn't need to assume that role here, Alexis role was to be a secondary outlet alongside Messi, its in his job description to be unpredictable, he still managed 20 goals and was the 4th top goalscorer in La Liga and playing on the wing.

Sterling is useful in Liverpool's system and perhaps fits it better than Alexis fits Arsenal but still you would expect 20 goals from Alexis with no injuries, Sterling could get a similar amount but they'll have similar levels of importance to the attacking play of their teams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.