Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ndhala)
    Sorry to hear it.. May I ask why your stats were if you don't mind?
    gcse: 5A*7A
    AS: 4A (maths, chem, econ, bio)
    predicted: 3A* (dropped bio)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pat.bateman)
    gcse: 5A*7A
    AS: 4A (maths, chem, econ, bio)
    predicted: 3A* (dropped bio)
    ****ing ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Why not wait on Warwick and insure them?
    My insurance will either be Warwick or Bristol, but I was leaning towards Bristol due to the lower offer and seeing the standard of people who have been rejected from Warwick is worrying..

ReputationRep:
    Interviewed and rejected by Oxford for economics.

Nottingham or Bristol L100 Economics (Both A*AA)????

(Course quality + job prospects + uni life)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattEconomics)
    Interviewed and rejected by Oxford for economics.

Nottingham or Bristol L100 Economics (Both A*AA)????

(Course quality + job prospects + uni life)
    Nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abccba120)
    Just got an email saying I got an offer from LSE! :eek: It hasn't come up on track yet but WTF. I'm stunned. My stats aren't that great and I don't do further maths at all..

Edit : Track just updated with the offer
    Nice one man, I bet you're well chuffed do you mind reminding us what your stats are again please?

ReputationRep:
    Conditional offers from both Warwick and King's. Should I firm Warwick and Insure King's?
    Warwick: Economics
    King's: Economics and Management

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    Nice one man, I bet you're well chuffed do you mind reminding us what your stats are again please?
    Thanks but I'm not sure if London is for me yet & sure.
    8.5A*s 2As at GCSE
    AAAB at AS (No further maths at all)
    A*AA + A in WBQ predicted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meow1489)
    Conditional offers from both Warwick and King's. Should I firm Warwick and Insure King's?
    Did you just get the warwick offer? If so, what are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    I made an enquiry about my offer from LSE to the UG admissions team as my offer quotes an a in AS level FM, but since I said on my PS that I was self-teaching A2 FM I asked if I would be required to take the exams for the A2 units and they replied with:

Dear .......
    Thank you for your email.
    I have spoken with the admissions selector with regards to your query and you do not need to take the extra exams in order to meet your entry offer. You do need to ensure that you meet the offer conditions in order to secure your offer and as such you would need to obtain the grades predicted from your school however anything in addition would be for your own benefit and not required by the LSE.

does this mean I have to achieve my predicted grades? (A*A*A*a
    ) :confused: It might just be the wording but I'm a bit worried...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ndhala)
    Did you just get the warwick offer? If so, what are your stats?
    I think I got my offer sometime in November. The only grades that were sent in at the time were my predicted grades which were:
    AP Calc: 90
    AP Stats: 92
    AP Lit: (my teacher actually told my uni counsellor instead of me so who knows)
    Math: 95
    Mandarin: 93
    Economics:92

Hopes this helps. Should I firm Warwick over King's?

ReputationRep:
    I think I got my offer sometime in November. The only grades that were sent in at the time were my predicted grades which were:

Yes, Warwick is miles better than Kings for econ.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

Are those class averages or ap test percentages?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep that'd probably be my choice, you're international right? So I'm assuming you haven't seen the campuses/cities and Warwick's is very nice plus it's great for economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H0PEL3SS)
    Yes, Warwick is miles better than Kings for econ.
    That's what I thought, it's just that I feel like if I can't find a job within a year then i'll have to go back to Canada and King's is more internationally known.

ReputationRep:
    That's what I thought, it's just that I feel like if I can't find a job within a year then i'll have to go back to Canada and King's is more internationally known.
    Hmm potentially but I think Warwick is known in a lot of places for strong maths and economics departments and I'm pretty sure they have high employment rates after graduation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Hmm potentially but I think Warwick is known in a lot of places for strong maths and economics departments and I'm pretty sure they have high employment rates after graduation

Posted from TSR Mobile
    M'kay thank you! Also, is there any chance you've ever visited Warwick? I won't actually have the chance to visit until i moved in first year (assuming i can keep my grades up).

ReputationRep:
    M'kay thank you! Also, is there any chance you've ever visited Warwick? I won't actually have the chance to visit until i moved in first year (assuming i can keep my grades up).
    Yeah I loved the campus it seemed really friendly and everyone was super helpful, the accommodation also seemed really good with nice kitchens and there's loads of facilities on campus
    I definitely like it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

If I were you I reckon warwick is the better course, but hey, if your international I'd go for the London factor of King's personally. At the end of the day both are top degrees and esp. for an international student London is much better! That said there's no denying Warwick is the better course..

ReputationRep:
    Gonna drop a fire mixtape if I achieve my uni offer 🔥🔥🔥

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.