Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    I definitely don't think it's useless :nah:
    Judgement and analytical skills are very useful in life, especially if you want to pursue a career in which you need to infer things from a text or situation (for example law). It also develops the sophistication of your expression, which gives you the upper hand in interviews and written work of any kind.
    I understand the analytical skills it's just like with Macbeth I don't understand how being able to compare differences in characters between the play and film is useful
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by KingCorneliusIII)
    I understand the analytical skills it's just like with Macbeth I don't understand how being able to compare differences in characters between the play and film is useful
    I don't see how else you'd be able to develop the skills otherwise without having something to practice and apply them to? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    I don't see how else you'd be able to develop the skills otherwise without having something to practice and apply them to? :dontknow:
    Perhaps I'm just underappreciating its value as so far I haven't seen a situation where it was useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firenze26)
    I know how the results are gonna be given to us but I dunno when.

Anyway, why are you scared? I'm sure you'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    scared becuase i know that they are important and i think i ****ed them up.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a sixth form interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guitaristemily)
    scared becuase i know that they are important and i think i ****ed them up.
    They're not that important

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jitesh)

ive had a college one if that counts?

(Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    They're not that important

Posted from TSR Mobile
    to me they are.

ReputationRep:
    ive had a college one if that counts?

to me they are.
    how was it? What did they ask?

ReputationRep:
    me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilo98)
    me
    how do we prepare? They want me to know 4 topics which I can potentially talk at length :confused::confused::confused:
    Academically, it's one of best

ReputationRep:
    how do we prepare? They want me to know 4 topics which I can potentially talk at length :confused::confused::confused:
    Academically, it's one of best
    my interview was just a formality which the have to do to ensure they're not letting any old guy into their college.

If I were you, just chose 4 topic that truly interest you and that you can talk in depth about for a sustained time. Practice interviews with family? I think the best advice is to remember they're not trying to trip you up - it will just be like a conversation. They want to know you!

ReputationRep:
    how was it? What did they ask?

it was ok. had to wait for half an hour becuase i was the last one to be called, and thats how long they lasted each.(put a group of ten of us in a room and 4 where out at a time - however some where shorter, hence why it was half an hour for me) they asked questions like "what do you know about the course" (top tip - research! - i did it so well that the guy who was interviewing me - the head of creative arts at the college ill be going to in september becuase i did well in my interview - said that i knew more about the course than he did) and "do you have any asstance in your exams of lessons" (this is where i told about my extra time and my word processer, what came from this is that i will be contacted nearer the time of my course to ask what things will i need to be put in place for me)

When i had my interview, i brought my photogrphy coursework with me, becuase eventhough it wasnt needed, i wanted to show off. i showed him my book, and he was impressed. i also had to bring my latest school report with me, becuase i was asked too, but if i wasnted i would of brought it with me anyway to show off what i can do, and what my teachers think of me)

ReputationRep:
    it was ok. had to wait for half an hour becuase i was the last one to be called, and thats how long they lasted each.(put a group of ten of us in a room and 4 where out at a time - however some where shorter, hence why it was half an hour for me) they asked questions like "what do you know about the course" (top tip - research! - i did it so well that the guy who was interviewing me - the head of creative arts at the college ill be going to in september becuase i did well in my interview - said that i knew more about the course than he did) and "do you have any asstance in your exams of lessons" (this is where i told about my extra time and my word processer, what came from this is that i will be contacted nearer the time of my course to ask what things will i need to be put in place for me)

When i had my interview, i brought my photogrphy coursework with me, becuase eventhough it wasnt needed, i wanted to show off. i showed him my book, and he was impressed. i also had to bring my latest school report with me, becuase i was asked too, but if i wasnted i would of brought it with me anyway to show off what i can do, and what my teachers think of me)
    My school reports are only predicted grades, TMGs and you get 1-5 on aspects e.g. behaviour, homework, effort.. etc
    Would that be fine?

They'll be writing a reference soon too

ReputationRep:
    My school reports are only predicted grades, TMGs and you get 1-5 on aspects e.g. behaviour, homework, effort.. etc
    Would that be fine?

They'll be writing a reference soon too

i think that would be.

ReputationRep:
    when does everyone get there mock results back? get mine on the 15th and im scared...
    That's when I get mine back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not looking forward to going back to school tomorrow. It's just a really stressful environment and it's not nice when even the teachers are being driven into the ground

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad that I'm just staying at my sixth form and don't need to stress about any interviews or anything

ReputationRep:
    luckily i have a late start tomorrow as school knows we go bed late and would be sleepy if we were to wake at 7 so thats good
    but im nervous about mock results and we have this workshop day on friday for a levels and not to mention igcse on tues and the 12th...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ugggghhhhh, back to school tomorrow, what is life?
    More holidays please 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We already got mock results, but have our sixth form open evening this week, then "consultation meetings" next week, and then parent's evenings soon after. So it's all go from now on! I'm still a bit undecided about my A-Levels but we basically have to choose them within a fortnight, or make a preliminary choice anyway.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.