Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weltschmerz666)
    According to UCAS track my place has been confirmed but I haven't heard anything from my college yet... Should I stop worrying now? Surely they couldn't make a systematic error at UCAS by admitting me? Right??
    Also having the same panic, post has arrived but no letter from my college, just assuming it will be here in the next day or two

ReputationRep:
    Made it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weltschmerz666)
    According to UCAS track my place has been confirmed but I haven't heard anything from my college yet... Should I stop worrying now? Surely they couldn't make a systematic error at UCAS by admitting me? Right??
    (Original post by james197)
    Also having the same panic, post has arrived but no letter from my college, just assuming it will be here in the next day or two
    Please stop panicking. If your place is confirmed on Track then go out and celebrate!

This is a very busy day for colleges, so they will get round to emailing/sending letters about freshers etc later today or in the following days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucilou101)
    Please stop panicking. If your place is confirmed on Track then go out and celebrate!

This is a very busy day for colleges, so they will get round to emailing/sending letters about freshers etc later today or in the following days
    Thank you for replying! Finally some resolution!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by bored565)
    Surely that'll be ok though. He's got the hardest part of the offer (STEP) and an average of 90+ across physics even if that isn't technically an A*.

How close is he?
    4 UMS from A* in A2....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navo D.)
    made it
    Congrats Navo

The coffee will become a reality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    4 UMS from A* in A2....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's pretty tough

Hope it all goes well for you and your son!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Congrats Navo

The coffee will become a reality
    Honestly looking forward to it How did your press thing go?

Also, what did you get?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly looking forward to it How did your press thing go?

Also, what did you get?
    Honestly? ****ing ****. It was so awkward.

4 A*s, you?

ReputationRep:
    4 UMS from A* in A2....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If he doesn't get in I'd sign a petition against that.

ReputationRep:
    Son got A*A*A and 1 in STEP I. But A was in Physics and needed to be A*. Physics was 549/600...

Now waiting to hear from Christ's....

Gah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    549/600 is 91.5% tho?

dowie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Honestly? ****ing ****. It was so awkward.

4 A*s, you?
    Hahaha, did they ask you to pose?

Nicely done! 5A*s 1B (got an E in my English coursework RIP)

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, did they ask you to pose?

Nicely done! 5A*s 1B (got an E in my English coursework RIP)
    Yeah, I had to cheer and stuff :facepalm2: and then didn't know what to say when they interviewed me

Bloody hell, you almost make it sound like your GCSEs!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

Sorry to interrupt but does anyone know what we should be doing about accommodation?!? Do the colleges allocate a space to all successful offer holders, or do I need to make arrangements now in order to guarantee accommodation. I know that it says the colleges guarantee accommodation but I'm going to Sidney Sussex and I would rather be in the old buildings rather than the new apartments if possible.

Thanks in advance!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Made it! Good luck to those in limbo right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathsmusician)
    Hey everyone

Sorry to interrupt but does anyone know what we should be doing about accommodation?!? Do the colleges allocate a space to all successful offer holders, or do I need to make arrangements now in order to guarantee accommodation. I know that it says the colleges guarantee accommodation but I'm going to Sidney Sussex and I would rather be in the old buildings rather than the new apartments if possible.

Thanks in advance!!!!
    You don't need to do anything - your college will allocate you a room for first year, if you are able to give a preference then they will contact you before you arrive in October with the information for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathsmusician)
    Hey everyone

Thanks in advance!!!!
    Whether you get any choice on your room depends entirely on the college, but there will be a room for you, it isn't like sorting halls elsewhere. They should be getting in touch with you in the next few days though with information regarding stuff like accommodation afaik.

ReputationRep:
    Into the Summer pool with A*A*A*A and 3 3 in STEP for Computer Science with Maths... I hope exceeding the A Level portion of my offer gives me a good chance, because it would be a pretty rubbish way to go out if I don't get in

ReputationRep:
    A*A*A*A* wooooooo

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I got 3 A*s (with higher UMS than last year 😏), and so my offer is confirmed. I guess I'll be seeing everyone there in October.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.