Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    Me too so basically I love c3 given that a large amount of the questions are based in those topics

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And there are logs too and mods its good stuff
    I just do t get domains and rangea

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.a.k)
    And there are logs too and mods its good stuff
    I just do t get domains and rangea

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Domain of an inverse function is the range of the function. Range is the domain of the function

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Domain of an inverse function is the range of the function. Range is the domain of the function

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can do them but sometimes they confuse me alot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.a.k)
    I can do them but sometimes they confuse me alot

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Functions is probably my least favourite topic as well. What are you aiming for in c3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Functions is probably my least favourite topic as well. What are you aiming for in c3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    An A
    We do a mock in class week so basically got DBBAA
    so far i am just scrapping As

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OK help folks

For the factorising 3x^2 - 48

Instead of dividing by 3

Could I not do (3x + 12)(x - 4)

It still works

ReputationRep:
    exactly the same, i was retaking it. got 61 ums last year and after a lot more revision this time i thought i'd be able to improve that to an A but it looks like i got around the 50 mark which is under 70%. Even though i was consistently getting above 65 marks in all the past papers and gold papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dripper)
    OK help folks

For the factorising 3x^2 - 48

Instead of dividing by 3

Could I not do (3x + 12)(x - 4)

It still works
    It works but you can still factorise 3 from first bracket so its not the simplest foem

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If I were to have forgotten to divided by the number under the fraction in the first question how many marks would I have lost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermanxxxxxx)
    I'll probbaly retake c2 next year yeah mechanics looked like a ***** so I decided to do stats way simpler

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We didn't get a choice I know that if we did, I wouldve gone for stats haha. Yes if you don't get what you need in C2 I definitely advise you to retake as you cover most of it in more depth next year anyway! Good luck anyway mate!

ReputationRep:
    How many UMS for an A and B ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferreo101)
    Do you think I'd lose marks if for the first question i did up to x^3 instead of just the first 3 terms?
    I'm pretty sure you won't lose marks for that because you did get the first 3 terms, so having the fourth term as well most probably wont lose you any marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevels2k15)
    That is exactly what i done. Definitely got a U in that paper.
    Sigh...
    Last years paper was way harder in my opinion. I must of skipped 2/3 questions and barely finished the rest of the paper. Seriously, thought I got a D or worse, but I ended up getting an B. So, no point putting yourself down, until you get your results you never know, you get most of your marks from method, not the answer.

But i felt like this paper was overall easy, probably because C3/C4 make it easier in comparison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubik-Cube)
    Last years paper was way harder in my opinion. I must of skipped 2/3 questions and barely finished the rest of the paper. Seriously, thought I got a D or worse, but I ended up getting an B. So, no point putting yourself down, until you get your results you never know, you get most of your marks from method, not the answer.

But i felt like this paper was overall easy, probably because C3/C4 make it easier in comparison.
    Heyyy! Thanks for that Theres still hope out there!
    That cheered me up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubik-Cube)

Are you just saying that? Do you remember what you got in each module?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where there is a unofficial mark scheme for c2 2015 edexcel is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate_i_be)
    Well that was officially the worst C2 paper I have ever seen. Counted up, definitely got a U
    yeshaaaaa, thats what i thought, i found this paper much harder than any other gold or whatever J, L, R paper

ReputationRep:
    I wish this was 2009:no::sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Someone tell me I still have hope please. I think I got around 57 on C1 could be higher. Counting up my marks from C2 I reckon I got around 51-53. Is there anyway I still can get an A overall ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john123412)
    Someone tell me I still have hope please. I think I got around 57 on C1 could be higher. Counting up my marks from C2 I reckon I got around 51-53. Is there anyway I still can get an A overall ???
    Yes, SMASH s1 or m1

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 15, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Who is going to be the top scorer of the World Cup in 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.