Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJaneH)
    If the reputation of the uni and employability after graduation is more important then LSE, although Bristol is still good for both. If the uni experience as a whole is more important, then Bristol will probably offer a better 'student life'. I was debating KCL over Nottingham until recently, until someone mentioned that studying in London could potentially feel like going to work every day, due to how different London 'campuses' are to other uni's. Hope this helps
    If you were choosing between QM and Nottingham, which one would you choose? (in terms of education, employability and quality)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    LSE or Bristol for law?
    Cholesta!!! Well done to your son for getting into LSE! Knew he'd make it!!

(Original post by asgunsur)
    I really don't know as I haven't looked at them at all. I could not apply to LSE and I had thought that my LNAT won't be enough for Bristol.
    But I have always been reading your posts and I really think you know these things, so if you don't mind can I ask you which school would you and your son prefer, Queen Mary or Nottingham ?
    Nottingham is considerably better in terms of reputation. If I were you I'd go for Nottingham for sure, but you need to evaluate whether you will like the course and particularly the city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebby123456789)
    Anyone still waiting to hear from Bristol?
    I am!

ReputationRep:
    I really don't know as I haven't looked at them at all. I could not apply to LSE and I had thought that my LNAT won't be enough for Bristol.
    But I have always been reading your posts and I really think you know these things, so if you don't mind can I ask you which school would you and your son prefer, Queen Mary or Nottingham ?
    Nottingham most definitely. Have you been to see it? Beautiful campus, tutors who are really interested in you and highly respected for law. Queen Mary isn't in a great area but it's still a good university although it's not Nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham most definitely. Have you been to see it? Beautiful campus, tutors who are really interested in you and highly respected for law. Queen Mary isn't in a great area but it's still a good university although it's not Nottingham.
    No, I am trying to arrange a day to see it. I am an international student Thank you for your answer

I really don't mind the city as I think I will have to study hard and stay on campus most of the time. I thought I could have a London experience in postgraduate or if I get the chance to work in London firms

Since I am an international student, I have to secure a job in order to stay in the UK, so I have to choose a university which has good employability

I just need to be convinced, I hate the feeling of regret thank you !! I don't mind getting other people's opinions too???
    Me too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    Cholesta!!! Well done to your son for getting into LSE! Knew he'd make it!!

Nottingham is considerably better in terms of reputation. If I were you I'd go for Nottingham for sure, but you need to evaluate whether you will like the course and particularly the city.
    Thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    LSE or King's College London?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that enough to be convinced

http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/whe...d-universities
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is that directed at me?

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, I would advise everyone to read the points made on this thread before taking this at face value: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3899945

ReputationRep:
    I'm just happy Cholesta's son got LSE lol but seriously I wish my mum was that supportive tbh..

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone apply to reading?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingofacademics)
    I'm just happy Cholesta's son got LSE lol but seriously I wish my mum was that supportive tbh..
    I'm supportive because I'm both mum and dad to my children. Also, when my husband was in hospital they had to fend for themselves in the middle of GCSE's and A2 and I feel terrible that I wasn't there for them. Making up for that lost time. I'm quite sure your mum is interested. 😀🍀

ReputationRep:
    I'm supportive because I'm both mum and dad to my children. Also, when my husband was in hospital they had to fend for themselves in the middle of GCSE's and A2 and I feel terrible that I wasn't there for them. Making up for that lost time. I'm quite sure your mum is interested. 😀🍀
    It's so cool though that you show so much interest and you must be so happy that you've made up for that because now he has an offer from his dream uni! Most parents tend to encourage their children to stay close to them, but you've been supportive for your son to go away to wherever is best for him and that's pretty amazing!!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Aww, Cholesta!

I honestly think it is amazing that, even though you've lost your husband, you are still actively encouraging your son to follow his dreams & move away from you to go to the university of his choice; it's very selfless. I bet your boy's dad would be really proud of both of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingofacademics)
    It's so cool though that you show so much interest and you must be so happy that you've made up for that because now he has an offer from his dream uni! Most parents tend to encourage their children to stay close to them, but you've been supportive for your son to go away to wherever is best for him and that's pretty amazing!!
    My daughter is at university in Scotland. She left for university in September a few months after her dad died. The alternative was to go to Queens and as we live close by, what would be the point. It's hard to let go and people always comment on the fact that I am happy enough for them to go. It's a great experience to be studying away from home and it's selfish to try and keep your children close by. Have you come to any decisions yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsTabitha)
    Aww, Cholesta!

I honestly think it is amazing that, even though you've lost your husband, you are still actively encouraging your son to follow his dreams & move away from you to go to the university of his choice; it's very selfless. I bet your boy's dad would be really proud of both of you.
    I've a daughter studying in Scotland. She phones every day for a girly chat and when she's home we make the most of things, shopping,dinner out etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuddledumpling)
    Finally rejected from Bristol it took them 5 months to tell me and they tried to give me an offer for social policy instead! But I got an a offer from my first choice, so not too bothered more annoyed it took them this long.
    I got the exact same today! tried to swap me to social policy also it's a shame to be rejected but oh well! have you got offers elsewhere?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.