Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Why don't you go on it?
    Because I don't want anything to do with it. Even if I did, not sure how you would even go about getting interviewed anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Windies)
    Class A *******
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    The state of the AFTV mob. Replica wearing tw*ts looking for attention, every single one of them. Grown men in the background going to games with their faces painted and scarves wrapped around their heads. Ffs man.If Moh gets a life ban from Arsenal it would make the loss today worth it imo.Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fella, fella don't talk about homophobia, talk about net homophobia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    How were you supposed to win today with no focal point? The substitution of Giroud meant you were so, so blunt. I can see the reasoning in trying to sure up the defence and use Walcott off the break and counter - especially given the narrative of his decade at Arsenal - but Flamini was your most advanced player at times. That's a damning indictment.
    Exactly my thoughts. Would have taken off Walcott or Campbell. Flamini got forward a lot but neglected his defensive role as a result, leaving us exposed in our half and giving Willian and Fabregas time and space to run the game, especially in the first half.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wenger was asked post-match about what he thought regarding Flamini having chances fall to him, and his wry smile said it all. Any manager in their right mind would've rather they fell to Giroud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnightice)
    Ffs, pipe down with all this 'season's over' nonsense. Leicester won't finish in the top 4 most probably and City are still pretty hot and cold with an awful defence. Our biggest worry at the moment is strangely a very strong Spurs team, but there's absolutely no chance of them challenging in the long-run; they're Spurs ffs.

Sanchez will be on a mad one and most importantly Coquelin is back soon. Take every game as it comes.
    Leicester will make top 4 for sure.

ReputationRep:
    It's not cool anymore to say 'obviously Leicester won't finish top 4!!!111111!!!'.

They're top after 23 games, give them the respect they deserve. They have a difficult run ahead but they're 10 points ahead of United. They have a great chance of finishing top 4, no question about it.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people seriously think Leicester are not finishing in the top 4?

Realistically unless their trio are injured they are finishing in the top 4.

Lol at Leicester potentially being put in pot 1 in the champions league.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger was asked post-match about what he thought regarding Flamini having chances fall to him, and his wry smile said it all. Any manager in their right mind would've rather they fell to Giroud.
    I don't understand that question at all. Who's to say those chances would have fallen to Giroud if he was on the pitch? Surely that means Flamini should have gone off the pitch instead of Giroud? Why wasn't Theo getting himself in those positions? Not Wenger's fault at all, in fact I support his decision to remove Giroud, like Wenger I thought Theo would be a threat with his runs in behind.

In fact most of the questions or rants thrown Wenger's way are pretty silly, nothing he can do if Mertesacker decides to brain-fart 18 minutes into the game. Game plan essentially goes out the window.

ReputationRep:
    How were you supposed to win today with no focal point? The substitution of Giroud meant you were so, so blunt. I can see the reasoning in trying to sure up the defence and use Walcott off the break and counter - especially given the narrative of his decade at Arsenal - but Flamini was your most advanced player at times. That's a damning indictment.
    He was thinking that Giroud against Terry and Zouma(considering Giroud's record vs Chelsea) is going to be meat and drink.

How often do you see Chelsea being done in the air? Zouma has Giroud for pace and Terry is tactically aware enough to stop Giroud.

ReputationRep:
    It's obvious City will win the league. They took the league from the hands of United in 2012 and Liverpool in 2014 they can handle the pressure and Arsenal can't

ReputationRep:
    Man City's only win at the Emirates a few seasons back was also due to one of our defenders being sent off early in the game. It's pretty damn concerning that we've never learned from it (or tried to adapt by learning how to play with ten men )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    It's obvious City will win the league. They took the league from the hands of United in 2012 and Liverpool in 2014 they can handle the pressure and Arsenal can't
    I hope that Arsenal does not win the league, so I would love City to win it...
    But City is so cr+p I have to pin my hopes on Leicester ...

ReputationRep:
    Wenger left yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    People were calling for fergie to go after he lost 6-1 at home to city. Basic overreaction

ReputationRep:
    I'm still very open minded and optimistic about our league chances .

Wenger, for his own self preservation and credibility, needs to win this league. Failure to win it this season is probably the most damning evidence that he just hasn't got it in him anymore to build a title winning team.

I don't know how a new contract can be justified without a league title by May 2017

ReputationRep:
    Despite losing I think as per usual the overeaction from your fanbase is a bit much. Getting Coquelin back will be big for you guys, however I don't think you'll win the league as its impossible for you not to pick up injuries to key players.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jam277)
    He was thinking that Giroud against Terry and Zouma(considering Giroud's record vs Chelsea) is going to be meat and drink.

How often do you see Chelsea being done in the air? Zouma has Giroud for pace and Terry is tactically aware enough to stop Giroud.
    That's fair enough - but surely you don't sacrifice your only out and out striker, given the knowledge that chances can break in all manner of circumstances and having a finisher in the box increases your chances of scoring? Replacing Giroud basically meant Arsenal weren't going to score, so he was settling for a 0-0.

ReputationRep:
    Zouma also had Walcott for pace. Basically we should just accept our level (perennial CL qualifiers, odd cup win, near the top most of the time but never winning a league). Plus the fact that teams that have become worse than us in terms of the table are still better than us h2h

ReputationRep:
    Moh's the kind of fella you hope gets a handjob off Edward scissorhands

ReputationRep:
    That's fair enough - but surely you don't sacrifice your only out and out striker, given the knowledge that chances can break in all manner of circumstances and having a finisher in the box increases your chances of scoring? Replacing Giroud basically meant Arsenal weren't going to score, so he was settling for a 0-0.
    Giroud hasn't scored against Chelsea when he's had more than enough time to so what makes yesterday any different?

He obviously was considering the fact that with ten men Chelsea were more likely to regain possession and Giroud would be ineffective with the Arsenal players deeper than usual, Giroud holding the ball up vs Terry and Zouma with Mikel and Matic in front is a mismatch already anyway. His employment of Walcott/Ozil up top meant that Chelsea had to play deeper which judging by this season usually results in us conceding.

Giroud staying on the pitch would have had little effect on the result. In fact it would have meant that Chelsea pushed higher up and help us create more chances via keeping the ball rather than sitting back and countering like Chelsea did in the second half.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.