Turn on thread page Beta

Fantasy Football League 2007/08 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    yay finally on the first page again

ive brought in rosicky for the double game week. but only because elano is injured anyway so i needed to do a transfer.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger says Van Persie is still 2-3 weeks away from full fitness and wont play.

ReputationRep:
    Van Persie being out makes Adebayor slightly more desirable, but Tevez has an easy home game and i'm sure if i have both him and Ronaldo i'm going to score good points. But if I want to get one of Ade or Tevez, i'd have to get rid of Berbatov who looks like he's finding some form :confused: I could get rid of Carlton Cole or Kenwyne Jones and bring in Tevez, but that would mean dropping one of Gerrard, Lampard and Ronaldo.

Ahhhhh, decisions, decisions...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfc4life)
    Who's everyone captaining this week? I'm tied between Toure, Rosicky, Jones and Gerrard...
    Ronaldo or Tevez. Might even have Utaka as captain.

Ronaldo should be playing.. No need to rest him this week.

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldo will by my captain :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfc4life)
    Who's everyone captaining this week? I'm tied between Toure, Rosicky, Jones and Gerrard...
    I'm torn between Toure and Ronaldo.

Just two clean sheets from toure will get 24points. I think I might go for him.

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldo seems to be the safer bet IMO. I can see Arsenal getting a CS at St James, but Villa Park will be tough. Ronaldo was left out of the last Prem game, so i can see him being fired up for this one. It's just annoying when you don't captain Ronaldo and he goes on to score like 30 points. I'm not risking that feeling again! :mad: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laevis)
    Ronaldo seems to be the safer bet IMO. I can see Arsenal getting a CS at St James, but Villa Park will be tough. Ronaldo was left out of the last Prem game, so i can see him being fired up for this one. It's just annoying when you don't captain Ronaldo and he goes on to score like 30 points. I'm not risking that feeling again! :mad: :p:
    Yeah!!!!! That was the first time I think I had capatined someone other than Ronaldo and he went a got 30 point!... well 15 for me.

ReputationRep:
    ha!
    ive just realised if i join the tsr league...i would be 2nd!

i thought i would be down in the dumps!

shame there isnt a financial incentive

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you join? It would be good to chart your demise :p:

ReputationRep:
    I thought joining was closed? Im sure Jamie would be pissed off if someone joined the league and overtook his lead.

ReputationRep:
    jamie is doing well i wouldnt disturb his temporary reign for now

but everybody below would be like 'eyyy? grrr'

lol

ReputationRep:
    cesc was my main choice for captain because of the double gameweek - btut hes out for saturday maybe wednesday

clichy was my next choice but he is also doubtful and cant take a risk

therefore, up step lampard. live on sky sports 1 tommorow at 12.45 too so i can monitor his success

ReputationRep:
    I've played it safe and gone for Ronaldo; he's a bit hit and miss (fantasy wise) but when he hits he hits big, and I don't want to miss out on that. Made a couple of other risky changes too. Thought I'd risk transfer points and try to score big rather than play boring and consistent

ReputationRep:
    i havent taken hleb from my team- that is a bigger risk!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I also captained Rosicknote. He'll be injured by Wednesday, no doubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I also captained Rosicknote. He'll be injured by Wednesday, no doubt.
    Hey Robbie :ciao: Welcome back, dude :yy: You'll be glad to know we were thinking of you whilst you were gone ;grin; (last few posts).

On topic: If Hleb doesn't play, then i suppose there'll be more pressure on Rosicky to perform/more of the play will go through him, so he'll have a higher chance of scoring points.

ReputationRep:
    alright, i bottled it and bought rosicky for hleb, lol

ReputationRep:
    You were kinda speaking of me like I had died. I guess I could have, but yes... I was smiling down on my beloved Davies. He's so awesome. I felt ill having to transfer him out this week. He's my hero! Hehe,

How've things been? The Arsenal Utd *****fights any less petty these days?!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure Davies will understand that you had no choice but to show him the door. Beneath all that mass & muscle, he's a very 'soft' guy.

As it's more often the United folk that tend to make the more, shall we say, provocative posts, the '*****fighting' was at a bit of a low this past week seeing as Arsenal won and United lost :teeth: :p:

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.