Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex...)
    Hi,

I study accounting going on to final year come October. Not sure if all business courses are the same however [B]you should be notified of the books you are required to purchase when you receive your course module introductory lectures[/B]. The also appear on your N0 login page when you receive your student ID and Passwords next to your module courses. Tutors will post the relevant books you need to purchase. Be prepared to spend a fortune on books....they don't come cheap lol try purchasing them at the uni book store located next to the Chaucer building (they sometimes do good deals). Hope that helped guys and enjoy life at TRENT!!!!! it truly is the best uni for studying and having a laugh by far!!!!

Ps.. if anyone is interested in the NTU badminton squad we are holding trials soon so if any of you are interested come try out for the team.. we have awesome team gear and epic social nights !!!!

Much love people x

Hey

is this when u begin uni or before uni starts?

thanks mate

ReputationRep:
    Societies as in business partners??
    If so then pretty much all major companies for example, Pricewaterhouse, KPMG, Rolls Royce, KAPLAN ....

Like i said pretty much all recognised Plc groups.

In regards to badminton look forward to seeing you

dates: 30th 1-5pm and the 2nd 10-12.

ReputationRep:
    Vn2009,

Badminton trials are before Uni starts i believe (unless intro lectures are earlier than the dates i specified) and the Book listings will be available when you receive your timetables online. All that will be covered by the lecturer and course/module leader.

Lol if anyone is doing accounting and finance you may have Graham Ball......good luck with that..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melissa2255)
    I'm livid in trinity square what flat you in?
    75 ! you? I was kind of lucky to end up there I left my accommodation really late..

ReputationRep:
    Societies as in business partners??
    If so then pretty much all major companies for example, Pricewaterhouse, KPMG, Rolls Royce, KAPLAN ....

Like i said pretty much all recognised Plc groups.

In regards to badminton look forward to seeing you

dates: 30th 1-5pm and the 2nd 10-12.
    sorry i meant societies as in clubs (for example a business club where you talk about the latest business issues)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got the timetable and reading list? I am doing Accounting and Finance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justincredible1)
    sorry i meant societies as in clubs (for example a business club where you talk about the latest business issues)
    Yes mate, every course has its own society. You will be able to talk about business related topics and there will be guests from large PLCs to explain graduate opportunities and i think they organise social events as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanika)
    Anyone got the timetable and reading list? I am doing Accounting and Finance.
    You will not be getting your timetable in paper form. It will be online via NTU NOW and you will need a password and login for that. Go to your introduction lecture where everything will be explained to you. If you do have a login and password then the timetables and course modules along with your book set list should be released around 19th-21st September since resit marks are released around about then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.Thomas)
    75 ! you? I was kind of lucky to end up there I left my accommodation really late..
    I'm in flat 51 see you there maybe

ReputationRep:
    Heey everyone

Anyone here staying at St Peters Court, or studying history?
    Feel all alone at the moment lool

Also, is the wristband really worth buying?

ReputationRep:
    You will not be getting your timetable in paper form. It will be online via NTU NOW and you will need a password and login for that. Go to your introduction lecture where everything will be explained to you. If you do have a login and password then the timetables and course modules along with your book set list should be released around 19th-21st September since resit marks are released around about then
    How do we find our timetable when on the NOW thing btw? Also, a few of my friends received a reading list a few weeks ago (different Uni), should I be worried? I mean isn't what we are supposed to be doing now? Researching our subjects etc. ?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for quoting you but you seemed to know what you're talking about this question isn't necessarily addressed to you, I'd be grateful if anyone could answer my question. My timetable came online today, I was wondering how I could import it and use it in sunbird? Any help will be rewarded with rep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raguman)
    How do we find our timetable when on the NOW thing btw? Also, a few of my friends received a reading list a few weeks ago (different Uni), should I be worried? I mean isn't what we are supposed to be doing now? Researching our subjects etc. ?
    When you are on https://now.ntu.ac.uk click onto login to now. On your own space you will see at the very top left NTU Timetable. Click that and then you should be able to view the modules and schedules etc... Some maybe missing because admin probably have not finished updating yet. Every course is different, In Accounting we were not given a specific reading list. Like i said, Turn up to your introductory Lecture where you will be given an overall brief on the modules you will be studying this year and the leaders. You will be put into seminar groups and along with that you will receive your first official welcome pack. In the event you cannot login to NOW the intro booklet will contain your timetable and Reading set lists! Every UNI is different, i know people in Uni of that are required to do reading beforehand but if not stated on your NOW then don't bother. Just to let you know that ALL UPDATES BY SEM TUTORS AND LECTURERS WILL BE UPDATED ON NOW, so if in doubt just look on NOW

Haha....that was long

Hope that helped mate good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Songeuse)
    Sorry for quoting you but you seemed to know what you're talking about this question isn't necessarily addressed to you, I'd be grateful if anyone could answer my question. My timetable came online today, I was wondering how I could import it and use it in sunbird? Any help will be rewarded with rep!
    Awesome! Well... i'm not really a massive Mozilla user however, have you considered print screening your timetable at all?? The only reason i am suggesting this is because timetables do not usually change and the rooms stick throughout the term. Any room changes or if your tutor is ill etc... will be informed to you via the NTU email system which you could link to your Iphone, smartphone, blackberry etc... That way you will have you timetable to view easily and you will not miss an update. I advise you to link your email to your phone because when your coursework marks are ready to collect, the office will only inform you via email.

Sorry but that's all i could think of hope it helped!

ReputationRep:
    When you are on https://now.ntu.ac.uk click onto login to now. On your own space you will see at the very top left NTU Timetable. Click that and then you should be able to view the modules and schedules etc... Some maybe missing because admin probably have not finished updating yet. Every course is different, In Accounting we were not given a specific reading list. Like i said, Turn up to your introductory Lecture where you will be given an overall brief on the modules you will be studying this year and the leaders. You will be put into seminar groups and along with that you will receive your first official welcome pack. In the event you cannot login to NOW the intro booklet will contain your timetable and Reading set lists! Every UNI is different, i know people in Uni of that are required to do reading beforehand but if not stated on your NOW then don't bother. Just to let you know that ALL UPDATES BY SEM TUTORS AND LECTURERS WILL BE UPDATED ON NOW, so if in doubt just look on NOW

Haha....that was long

Hope that helped mate good luck
    Thanks buddy, appreciate the lengthy post Nothing's come up yet on NOW in timetable respects so I imagine that it hasn't been updated yet. Joint Honours be the reason maybe? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raguman)
    Thanks buddy, appreciate the lengthy post Nothing's come up yet on NOW in timetable respects so I imagine that it hasn't been updated yet. Joint Honours be the reason maybe? :confused:
    mine havnt coe up either and im doing plain english

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if we get a planner/diary from the university? I know some give them out and was wondering if NTU do? Or is everything done online?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evie.emma)
    Does anyone know if we get a planner/diary from the university? I know some give them out and was wondering if NTU do? Or is everything done online?
    You don't get a diary or planner. Everything you need to know or will need to know will be posted online and questions you are going to attempt will be set by your seminar tutors. You're welcome to buy a planner or diary of your own. The uni is went "green" last year so lecture booklets etc are no longer available in hard copy. You will need to print everything by yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09bennettl)
    Yay cant wait, not long left now, better start packing tbh
    Haha oh god I know, I'm so excited! I'm abroad though at the minute so when I get home I only have 8 days to sort out everything! nothing like last minute preparation to get you ready for lazy university life haha

ReputationRep:
    Potentially a room going in Blenheim if anyone is interested, starting this year! If you are interested email me at [email protected]. Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.