Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by rosewater1)
      True, I don't see any good qualities of a husband in either of them :lol:
      The fact that you took it seriously already excludes you from being wife material :laugh:

(Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
        The funny thing is, neither of them are probably decent 'husband' material anyway :laugh:

Anyway, I am good wife material. A freshie on the tube asked to marry me once, so he can vouch for that. :yes:
        You probably know. We know :laugh:

If a freshie asked you to marry him you defo are NOT wife material

At least better than rosewater

(Original post by RamocitoMorales)
        :facepalm2:
        Home fully they'll learn when using the washing machine through your smartphone becomes common place. Choosing which cycle of washing in between texting
        • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
        Unlucky me, today I saw 2 girls in coffee shop at uni but I couldn't say hi, cos I was in a hurry I stared at one of the girls, she probably thought I'm crazy

ReputationRep:

You mean 'pide'?

You mean 'mantı'?

You're going to have to step your game up if you want to become good Turkish 'wife material'. :sigh:

But you see them in TheGameOfScience? :curious:
        No, cheese toasties :cool: pide is too much effort

But it takes so long to make :cry2:

aww he's lovely (unlike some who are just rude...)

i'm sure i'm going to make a brilliant turkish wife, and the washing machine is a complicated machine fyi

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by S-man10)
        The fact that you took it seriously already excludes you from being wife material :laugh:
        :lol: you actually think that. how does it?

ReputationRep:
        No, cheese toasties :cool: pide is too much effort

aww he's lovely (unlike some who are just rude...)

i'm sure i'm going to make a brilliant turkish wife, and the washing machine is a complicated machine fyi
        thank you rosewater, you are lovely too

ReputationRep:
        I thought you'd learned your lesson when I demoted you from 'deputy'. Keep this up and I may have to exercise my authority over you once more. :whip2:

:facepalm2:

You mean 'pide'?

You mean 'mantı'?

You're going to have to step your game up if you want to become good Turkish 'wife material'. :sigh:

i have amazing qualities, dont get jealous RamocitoMorales

(Original post by lNurl)
          Unlucky me, today I saw 2 girls in coffee shop at uni but I couldn't say hi, cos I was in a hurry I stared at one of the girls, she probably thought I'm crazy
          I take it you don't see girls very often.

Tough. You're going to need something to do to take up all your free time as a housewife so you might as well start by preparing mantı. I hope to God the Turkish cuisine does not become completely ruined because the latest generation of women can't be bothered to prepare good food. :sigh:

(Original post by TheGameOfScience)
          thank you rosewater, you are lovely too
          :facepalm:

We'll make a man out of you yet.

ReputationRep:
          I take it you don't see girls very often.

Tough. You're going to need something to do to take up all your free time as a housewife so you might as well start by preparing mantı. I hope to God the Turkish cuisine does not become completely ruined because the latest generation of women can't be bothered to prepare good food. :sigh:

:facepalm:

We'll make a man out of you yet.
          :lol:

ReputationRep:
          I do! He's cute

(Original post by lNurl)
          Unless you give us more details, we're gonna think you're crazy from this

With me I was introduced to a tonne of people that work for the lab, but I'm bad with faces, and even worse with names, so unless I'm working with the person directly, I'm never quite sure if I've been introduced to them before. As a result, I'm madly saying hi to anyone with an ID badge for the company.

There is one person, however, who I know for a fact I was properly introduced to and my office seat is near him. He never says hi or bye, so I say it extra loudly and annoyingly cheerfully to him, in hope that one day, this rude man will respond :moon:

ReputationRep:

Ouch,, though i actually do agree with you.
          • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
          I do! He's cute

With me I was introduced to a tonne of people that work for the lab, but I'm bad with faces, and even worse with names, so unless I'm working with the person directly, I'm never quite sure if I've been introduced to them before. As a result, I'm madly saying hi to anyone with an ID badge for the company.

There is one person, however, who I know for a fact I was properly introduced to and my office seat is near him. He never says hi or bye, so I say it extra loudly and annoyingly cheerfully to him, in hope that one day, this rude man will respond :moon:
          I know, I was sad cos I couldn't say hi. They looked very nice type of girls, sometimes I hear Turkish girls using swearing/cursing words when they speak, I'm scared of these types, I totally expect them swear at me if I say hi

Good for him tbh :laugh:

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by lNurl)
            I know, I was sad cos I couldn't say hi. They looked very nice type of girls, sometimes I hear Turkish girls using swearing/cursing words when they speak, I'm scared of these types, I totally expect them swear at me if I say hi
            Can't have been me then.

i'm kidding If someone as sweet as you came up to me, I'd say hi

He's cute
              I couldn't come up with anything more degrading myself. :yucky:

Ouch,, though i actually do agree with you.
              You're bringing mantı to the next TSR Turkish Society meet. I don't care if it takes you hours or even days to make it. I don't want something out of a takeaway. I want to taste the blood, sweat and tears that goes into making it.

(Original post by lNurl)
              ometimes I hear Turkish girls using swearing/cursing words when they speak, I'm scared of these types, I totally expect them swear at me if I say hi
              You want to speak to the Turkish girls who are actually from Turkey then. The British born ones (generally of Cypriot heritage) tend to be foul mouthed 'chavs' like hollywoodbudgie.

If someone as sweet as you came up to me, I'd say hi
              You meeting lNurl would be like:

Spoiler:
              Show
              Elma istermisin? :sneakydevil:

ReputationRep:
              You're bringing mantı to the next TSR Turkish Society meet. I don't care if it takes you hours or even days to make it. I don't want something out of a takeaway. I want to taste the blood, sweat and tears that goes into making it.
              :holmes:

You want to speak to the Turkish girls who are actually from Turkey then. The British born ones (generally of Cypriot heritage) tend to be foul mouthed 'chavs' like hollywoodbudgie.
              SUS LAN YOKSA KAFANI KESERİM

That's how I speak in everyday speech. In fact, foul mouthed cypriots like me do not refer to their parents as 'anne ve baba', we just say 'lan' for everything.

Spoiler:
              Show

ReputationRep:
              I couldn't come up with anything more degrading myself. :yucky:

Spoiler:
              Show

why is it degrading?

ReputationRep:
              I do! He's cute

aha thank you, your cute too

(Original post by TheGameOfScience)
                aha thank you, your cute too
                You could have done so much better. So much wasted potential there :sigh:

the latest generation of women can't be bothered to prepare good food. :sigh:
                  This. cba to prepare good food :sigh:

Then you live you off bread and complain about how fat you are getting :laugh:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
                Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
                Useful resources
                US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
              • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
                Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.